Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A few Necron questions
Old 07 Aug 2008, 14:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default A few Necron questions

Ok I don't play necrons, but a friend of mine does. So through playing a few rules questions have came up that we could not resolve. Some are just timing issues with the game.

Situation.

A unit of warriors takes unsaved wounds but are allowed a WBB role. The remaining warriors are now below half and are failing back. After the fall back they are exactly 6" (if 6" is not the limit then equal to the range limit for WBB) away from the "dead" warriors.

Does the unit continue to fall back before or after the WBB roll?

If fall back is before there will be no WBB roll allowed.

If before fall back, and the unit is not above 50% are they allowed to regroup this turn or must they wait until next turn?

Next question deals with the FAQ.

GW has a habit of changing the FAQ's in regard to the living metal. The FAQ use to say you do not gain the benefit of tank hunters when firing at the monolith. Now that question has been removed from the most current FAQ. So does Tank Hunter now effect the Monilth again?

Thanks for the help.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 23:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A few Necron questions

Quote:
Ok I don't play necrons, but a friend of mine does. So through playing a few rules questions have came up that we could not resolve. Some are just timing issues with the game.
I'll answer the best I can, but feel free to debate my conclusions.

Quote:
Situation.

A unit of warriors takes unsaved wounds but are allowed a WBB role. The remaining warriors are now below half and are failing back. After the fall back they are exactly 6" (if 6" is not the limit then equal to the range limit for WBB) away from the "dead" warriors.

Does the unit continue to fall back before or after the WBB roll?

If fall back is before there will be no WBB roll allowed.

If before fall back, and the unit is not above 50% are they allowed to regroup this turn or must they wait until next turn?
1)The WBB check and rolls happen at the start of the Necron turn. It happens before anything else. They fall back after.

2)See #1

3)If enough warriors join to raise the squad number to above 50% of it's original size, they may attempt to regroup.

Quote:
Next question deals with the FAQ.

GW has a habit of changing the FAQ's in regard to the living metal. The FAQ use to say you do not gain the benefit of tank hunters when firing at the monolith. Now that question has been removed from the most current FAQ. So does Tank Hunter now effect the Monilth again?

Thanks for the help.
Link me to the old and new if you can, if only the new that is fine. I want to read what you are reading before I answer.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2008, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for the answers.

As for the FAQ, it was more of a complaint than anything else. It seems that GW has not been able to make up their mind on how they want to handle the living metal rule.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 17:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to greatmaju

i'd agree with Ryan there, but i think tank hunters don't work against the 'lith.

*Note: may not be fun. contact your Apothecary before visiting.

Armies:
  • 6800 Pnts Templar Guardians (SM)
  • 1500 Pnts Necrons Deathguard.
  • 1000 Pnts Ork SKulGratz
  • ??? Imperial Guard/Inquisition.
greatmaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2008, 18:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...th_Edition.pdf

Here is the Necron FAQ. It has been updated. The one before actually mentioned Tank hunters, and stated that they do not get the bonus. The new one does not mention tank hunters.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 04:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm gonna need 5th edition wording on Tank Hunters before I can clarify then. Sorry.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2008, 22:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

It does not provide the bonus. While the earlier clarification is simply not mentioned, it's fair to assume, from the combination of all bonuses being banned in the rulebook, and the specific exception made in the FAQ for powerfists and the like retaining double strength, that any weapon NOT specifically mentioned in the exceptions does not get the bonus. This is also consistant with the last FAQ. Keep playing it the same way until the rule specifically is changed, if it in fact is.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote