Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Necron Green Rods
Old 19 Jul 2008, 22:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to D Black
Default Necron Green Rods

Certain this was probably Talked about before but does anyone know how wide (in mm) the Green rods are

Prize to the Person who guess why (joke)

Thank you

Quote from: Wargamer

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
D Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2008, 00:00   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Necron Green Rods

I think the diameter is 2.3 mm or 3/32". I just got a drill bit that size for my pin vise for the same purpose as you :P I found these awesome glass beads at a craft shop that fit the diameter perfectly. Unfortunately they're too long. After many shattering attenpts at shortening them I've found that the best way to shorten them is with a Dremel, which I don't have lol. Oh well. What do you plan to use?
TheRearAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2008, 03:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hmm.... slipping the rods within a bead??
For what purpose??
“Never break the rules, for They will only make them harder to get passed and the consequences will be the worse for it. Instead, bend the rules, and bend with them. This allows for no sight of the incursion to be noticed, thereby remaining un-acted upon by Them.”
ropya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2008, 12:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to D Black

I know a place that will make custom sized and coloured Transparent acrylic rod and i quite fancy a blueish glow on on my necrons

Quote from: Wargamer

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
D Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2008, 12:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Theres a site, ill dig for the link, that sells the rods pre-colored and at a set long length.
You trim as needed. Im not sure if this would be cheaper then what you have in mind or not.
“Never break the rules, for They will only make them harder to get passed and the consequences will be the worse for it. Instead, bend the rules, and bend with them. This allows for no sight of the incursion to be noticed, thereby remaining un-acted upon by Them.”
Old 22 Jul 2008, 00:52   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropya
Hmm.... slipping the rods within a bead??
For what purpose??
I didn't mean slipping them over the rods, I meant replacing the rods. I got a
Dremel to cut them, it looks pretty cool:

Old 22 Jul 2008, 01:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah it does, ive seen em done in blue to w/ the armor painted w/ lightning.
Looked hot. I thought about doing this, but remembered that black light ink glows green. ;D
Whats the fluff behind your Crons?? I think I remember reading somewhere in the fluff about the necrons glowing green.

Anyway, very nicely done.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 02:24   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well, when I was looking at the different colors of beads I could choose I decided I liked red the best, it wasn't until the ride home when I thought about the fact that the rods are supposed to be green.

I briefly came up with some fluff behind the red and decided these Necrons come from tombs on a planet with a high concentration of some sort of chemical compound that produces red gas, which has corrupted their Gauss weapons. But I haven't done the research to find out what chemical does this.

And thanks.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 02:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Could start w/ Mars. The surface is a ruddy red color. If I remember from school (all those ages ago), its surface is a iron sulfide?? (iron and sulfur). Id be careful about making them from Mars though....

Hmm... Maybe something like.... They are the Dragon's chosen (or some of them anyway), and have been sent out into the galaxy to pave the way for its full awakening (or to punish a particular group/race for irritating him, say make a group/race he seriously dislikes because they....). And after eons of stasis deep w/in mars the iron sulfide of the soil has tainted the gauss power plants. Making them no less powerful, but producing a Evil red glow in place of the unnerving green one.

Though if you did this you should change their bases to look like a metal walkway (like the inside of the tombs) but dusted w/ a ruddy red (to represent the Martian dust working its way in). You would also have to 'dust' the model for this to work.

Not all together a horrible idea. What do ya think??