Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

necrons and phaseout
View Poll Results: do you think phaseout is annoying?
yep 5 10.64%
nope 24 51.06%
kind of 8 17.02%
deffinatly 1 2.13%
meh... 9 19.15%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08 May 2008, 09:20   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to reqeim
Default necrons and phaseout

You know, one day i was playing my necron army against some ork player, (full of killa kans, nobs,ard boys u know)and anyways after 3 turns he totaly destroyed my army! so i was wondering, from your opinion, do you think its annoying? please post :

Tyranid Biology the orky way.... "dis Wormy thing wid a lot of teef is a rippa, wat it called tho?"
reqeim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 16:07   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: necrons and faseout

As is so often the case with PO, if it happens you've lost already. In a quarters or loot counter type scenario it can be a touch annoying to PO in the bottom of 6. However in your case you didn't even make it half way through, the game was lost anyways. PO just saved you from a long and painful loss.
Mitheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 18:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Phase out was not what cost you that game man Personally, I see no problem with phaseout, since generally when I phase I have lost already, as stated above.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2008, 21:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

phase out isn't the reason why you lose in most occasions...though, if the games go up very equally, and botyh sides have a lot of loses, it can be annoying that you go PO and your opponent doesn't...
Sjoerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 01:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
phase out isn't the reason why you lose in most occasions...though, if the games go up very equally, and botyh sides have a lot of loses, it can be annoying that you go PO and your opponent doesn't...
Well, they also don't have an entire army that gets back up after they die, they don't have a tank that manipulates the rules, and their troops basic gun more than likely cannot kill a land raider.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 02:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I've never had a PO that wouldn't have resulted in a loss anyhow...if you make it down to 25% of your force with any army, the game probably isn't going that well. If it's by turn three, well, you're screwed.

Orks are a very strong army, and one Im not surprised necrons can have trouble with, just accept that it was over regardless, and look at options that'll help you deal with them better.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 03:28   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
Well, they also don't have an entire army that gets back up after they die, they don't have a tank that manipulates the rules, and their troops basic gun more than likely cannot kill a land raider.
1. Not all of our units get WBB. If they did, THAT would be overpowered.
2. Our tank doesn't manipulate the rules, it has a "special rule" thats basically the same as holo-fields.
3. What off-sets that is that our basic troops cost more than a fully decked out Space Marine.

If you phase-out, you were most likely gonna lose anyways. But hey, you just learned another way not to phase out.

EDIT: Then I noticed I sound like a complete Arse....sorry.
Old 11 May 2008, 03:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: necrons and phaseout

Honestly, our tank has a ton of special rules. Holofields, annoying though they may be, are not quite the same.

God help us if scarabs and such ever get WBB.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 03:41   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Don't make the scarabs angry, they might take disruption fields. :
Old 11 May 2008, 04:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Lets face it. Phase out is more of a force building restriction then a problem for playing the army. If I want to take a C'tan, 3 monoliths, 9 tomb spiders, and 30 scarabs I can, but I will have such a low phase out number that you only need to kill 15-20 models to defeat my entire army.

That said, think of the above army without phase out rules. Would you like to try to kill 3 monoliths in one force? I know I would not.

And if it was not for phase out, how many forces would have 3 monoliths in them? I believe we would see them as often as we see IG lists with 3 russ.

Phase out in a balanced list should never come into play unless you are already loosing, but it also keeps insanely broken lists from being played as often as they otherwise would, as we really need to have at least 40 necrons to be able to survive a well executed attempt to phase us out.
BrownKnight is offline   Reply With Quote