Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Online Campaign > Campaign characters (submit ideas here)
Old 05 Mar 2007, 14:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Tau Online Campaign > Campaign characters (submit ideas here)

Hello Necron players,

It seems we on the Official Tau Online Campaign Committee are stuck for three Necron characters to use as Heros and Lts in the up comming campaign. Now please if you would be so nice to post up a characters name (can be made up) and then a bit about their fluff like what army they play for and why would they want to take part in a Tay System war.

Thanks Lee*
Old 05 Mar 2007, 21:58   #2 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Online Campaign > Campaign characters (submit ideas here)

Necron guys, WE NEED CHARACTERS IDEAS!!!!!

PLEAS give us some ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,
Aun
Old 06 Mar 2007, 00:07   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Lord of the Void Dragon

He is a Necron Lord that commands an army that is strong in fighting against veichles (heavy destroyers, disruption fields, ect.). The dead world he is on has been disturbed during the third sphere expansion and he sees all the nice high-tech veichles the tau have created as perfect targets.

Hope this helps.

Flaming Aun

May not your shot be positioned by your enemy, but your enemy positioned by your shot.

"98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig."
Flaming Aun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 00:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Lord Xal'deras

A warrior so ancient, he has forgotten most of what he once was, this brutish Lord has been seen in over six hundred locations at seperate incidents each time. The way he attacks is simple: He will appear in the enemy camp in front of the commander, strike down his body guards (most of the time. 2 Tau commanders and several Marine commanders had aides and consorts that lived after the strike) and teleport out. He will attack at exactly 53.89 Terran minutes later, with hordes of scarabs striking in the lead.

Distinctive markings: Gore Red Details and raised body features, the rest of his body is an Ice Blue. The rest of his leigons have subdued colors of the same style and colors. It is uncertain as to why they have such non-metallic colors, but they are easily recognizable because of their schemes
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 02:41   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Thanks this is really good, but I feel that I should tell you that there is a possibility that you're Character will die in the campaign if chosen. If you would like to retract you're character that is OK
Old 06 Mar 2007, 03:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Weeper

As with all commanders of the non-communicative Necrons this is simply a nickname used by forces that have opposed this particular Lord. It arose from a guardsman's remark that whoever led these buckets of bolts would be crying when they saw the results of this battle. The Weeper appears to be tasked with a different purpose from the rest of the Harvesting necrons. Its role is to gather information on the manner in which each living species attempts to counter the Necron threat. In order to do this its tactics are simple. Its forces are comprised solely of warriors, which march towards the enemy in groups of 10 and attempt to destroy them using their gauss flayers. The Weeper remains in the rear, observing the means by which the wretched living defeat its forces. When they have suffered sufficient casualties they phase out and report to its masters on this prey's means of combating the Necron Harvest. Typically a more standard lord follows up the Weeper's assaults in order to prevent the living from communicating any knowledge they gained from the encounter. It is unclear which C'tan the Weeper is a servant of.

If the Weeper is actually deployed to destroy the enemy (unusual) it does so through attrition. As soon as its phased out troops have been repaired it returns to the fray with a fresh assault, wearing down the living through relentless battle. The only force to have survived this manner of assault was a mighty Waargh, whose warboss destroyed the Weeper itself after cutting through the enemies.

Stats:
The Weeper is a standard Necron Lord with a phase shifter, gaze of flame and a scarab.

Special rules: Option 1, elaborate
Games are played consecutively, as long as the living are victorious and the Weeper is not destroyed. Each living unit which was rendered non-scoring in the previous game must pass a WBB roll to participate in the next game. (This represents the tide of Necrons wearing away at the living) If the series of games end because the Weeper has been destroyed its a victory for the living. If the series ends because the living have been defeated it is a Necron victory.

Special rules: Option 2, simple
1. The Weeper's warrior units have the "Without Number" rules as per low-cost gaunts.
2. The Phase Out special rule is disabled as per a Sustained Assault.
3. If the Weeper is destroyed the army immediatley suffers Phase Out.
4. Game length endless: Game continues until necrons Phase Out or the living have no scoring units remaining.
Old 07 Mar 2007, 03:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Bah, I don't care if he dies. I've got hundreds more from where he came! If you need more "heroes," lemme know.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 22:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I am a little confused as to what this is in regards to. Could someone throw out a link?

I do have a few ideas kicking around in my head. I will try to take a little time to elaborate on them so they can be posted, if you still need characters.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 16:35   #9 (permalink)
JL
Kroot Warrior

How about a Pariah Lord, would it make sence fluff wise? Or maybe a Flayer Lord?
JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2007, 20:34   #10 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
How about a Pariah Lord, would it make sence fluff wise? Or maybe a Flayer Lord?
Ya, a Flayer Lord would be really cool