Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pariahs and leadership
Closed Thread
Old 19 Jun 2006, 03:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Pariahs and leadership

Now I think everyone knows that pariahs effect leadership, and if they don't they soon will.

OK, one question is all I have and it is about pariahs and space marines.

Say you have some pariahs within 12" of a biker squad (doesn't really matter, a squad). The space marine player has a commander out in play and he is tearing through some... scarabs. OK, so the biker squad in question gets assaulted by flayed ones.

So, does the squad, who is still within 12" of pariahs, test leadership on a 7, or an they use the commanders leadership of 10? Because he is not within 12" of the pariahs and he has that special rule. Or does it not matter, because the aura of the pariahs has such an impact on the bikers that the words of their commander is blotted out by their deep sense of dread?
"When a necron gets hit with a weapon more than double its toughness it is hit so hard that it goes into "negative damage" and does less damage than it actually would if it hit him with less force!" Quote from azimaith on Warseer, contemplating how much GW will Nerf the WBB rules.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 04:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Pariahs and leadership

They would use the commanders leadership for their tests instead of their own. The pariahs ability sets the bikers leadership to 7 yes, but they get to use his leadership for their test anyway, per his special rule, so their leadership being 7 dosen't matter.
Old 02 Jul 2006, 01:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I am sorry for the thread necromancy, this was last posted in 21 days ago I believe. One very quick question, would it work the other way as well? If the Pariahs were within 12" of the commander would everybody effected by the rule test at Ld 7? What if there are 2 commanders? If the Pariahs aren't there but there are two commanders what then? One commander at Ld9 and on at Ld 10, what happens then? Thnx, I will let this thread die with my deepest necromany-related appologies.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 02 Jul 2006, 03:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh I don't mind thread necro as long as you have something usefull to add or ask. Just putting one sentence posts it what we don't really want.

As for your question, using his leadership for tests is simply a option, not a requirement. So everyone would not have to test at Ld 7, you would simply choose not to use his leadership for their tests.

If there are 2 commanders you get to choose which one's leadership you want to use. Pretty cut and dry really

Like I typed above, if you have something usefull to add, or an honest question I don't mind a little necro.
Old 02 Jul 2006, 19:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Alright, thanks. In reality it is pretty cut and dry but it took me far more time to figure out than it should have. Thanks for your help.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 02 Jul 2006, 21:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

No problem man, and with that the thread is locked
Closed Thread