10 Necron warrior’s 180 points
10 Necron warrior’s 180 points
10 Immortals 280 points
10 Immortals 280 points
10 Immortals 280 points
Monolith 235 points
Monolith 235 points

300 style funnel the blood angels > > >

[img width=650 height=508]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Almostairsoft1/theredharvest.png[/img]

cj dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 12:50   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Cheeeeeeese list

Cool idea, though I wonder if you have enough models to pull it off, it's pretty easy to slaughter warriors these days (what with the leadership thing) and you only have 20. Would be cool to see how the list does though
wererat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 13:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

A guy at m store has a similar list, but he runs a destroyer lord (dropping a couple of the immortals to make room for the points).

It's not bad, but very static and has incredible difficulty taking out vehicles and transports. I beat the list with my Grey Knights, as he could not kill my landraider and I was able to double charge his immortals with my terminators.

He went against Blood Angels in our last store Tournament in the final round, but he couldn't kill Mephistion (which killed the monoliths) and couldn't destroy the storm raven or any of the land raiders put against it. The list suffers a lot without any dedicated anti-tank, or AP2 weapons.

Works well against unmechanized armies though. The only trouble is the rarity of them these days. He kept the Warriors behind the immortals, so the Immortals would be the ones who would catch charges.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 01:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

the guy wasn't rolling enough 6's

[img width=650 height=508]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Almostairsoft1/theredharvest.png[/img]

cj dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 09:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

One major problem I see coming up is if an enemy deep strikes or outflanks (unless you deploy in a corner). Another major problem would be a template heavy IG army. I'm not sure it would have the mobility or range to effectively compete with that.

I can't say much for Blood Angels, I haven't read the 'dex and I haven't played them yet (might soon though).
Zeeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 17:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm afraid this list was only cheesy back in 4th edition. It is no longer what I would consider a cheese list. =p
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2011, 12:17   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I know this is threadomancy, but I have found that just one monolith can survive an entire game (my dice rolls are very lucky), but the main weakness is the lack of a cc retinue for the lord- granted, he's more of a support lord than a cc lord, but considering that, you should probably give him lightning field over chono, or a veil of darkness. Another thing to consider (as of now) is the use of pariahs. This may die down after a few months, but grey knights hitting the shelves recently means that psyker heavy armies are going to pop up everywhere. Thirdly, my luck with static armies like this have been rather mixed. I would throw in a spyder or two to make sure you keep your warriors up, and their handy exploit of cover rules(due to scarab spawning) make them some of the most resilient 2 wound models imo. Anyhoo, thats my 2 cents.
-TA
Taranox_Ashwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2011, 14:17   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have found that running immortals works only at lower point games like 1000 when you won't get as many tanks and things and against less experienced players, but once more mech is involved the immortals are way too many points plus I don't have 30 immortals. I converted some warriors so I have 18 immortals, but 10 immortals were never enough in 1 squad granted I always VDed around the board with the so they could be gunned down, but that's the problem the limit of 10 leaves them gun down-able and they are such a huge points draw compared to warriors 20 warriors is several times harder to gun down for several reasons including leadership tests, even with leadership 10 because you have so few its easy to make them take leadership.

You need a VD to get around the board, its so good but sadly the best way to play 5th is with destroyers, which are much better than immortals.

By the number of monoliths and immortals I'm guessing this is around 2000 pts at least, but as already mentioned any army that goes mech will tear this army to shreads because its not mobile at all. Because of the number of infantry squads you have you really need the Veil of Darkness and 3 monoliths. I don't know why you think this is cheesy.

Tomb spyders would be helpful as well its so much fun to get oversized squads because of the tomb syder lol now that is cheezy to get them to gun down one of your squads of immortals and then half res that squad and join the squad VDing around so you can have oversized squads haha

Last edited by Stanleyguy101; 14 Apr 2011 at 16:09.
Stanleyguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote