Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'Ard Boyz preperation has begun! 2500 pts
Old 17 Apr 2010, 18:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to demitriusnassy
Default 'Ard Boyz preperation has begun! 2500 pts

Hello all! ;D I have decided to enter my 'crons into an 'Ard Boyz tournament next month and would like some prep time to get my list sorted. So, I was thinking about a list, still have a few models to convert/paint, but here's the basic list I was going to run with throughout the course of the games.

HQ
Deciever (duh)-to be painted
Lord-finished
Veil of Darkness
Gaze of Flame
Nightmare Shroud

Elites
5 Immortals-one left to paint

Troops
20 Warriors-finished
20 Warriors-finished
11 Warriors-needs painted

Fast Attack
6 Destroyers, two units of 3-two need painted
10 Scarab Bases-finished

Heavy Support
Monolith
Monolith
Tomb Spyder

The grand total for points comes out to 2498 pts. I'm a big fan of necron shuffle and the phalanx formation for my 'crons and this will be my first big tournament with them in a while. Comments and criticism welcomed from anyone that can assist me with the Red Harvest ;D

-demitriusnassy

"You dare stand against the might of the millenia and the number of the dead?"

"..." zap. "..."
demitriusnassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2010, 19:29   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 'Ard Boyz preperation has begun! 2500 pts

It looks like you enjoy big warrior squads, but since you have the numbers and the force organization space I might recommend splitting your two units of 20 into four units of 10. This way it'll be harder for opponents to focus fire on them, harder for all of them to get swept in CC at once, and easier for you to divide fire if you need to. But if you like big squads and they've worked well for you go ahead and stick with your 20s.

Other than that my main worry in your list is the survivability of your immortals since you only have one squad, but I don't know where you'd find the points for another outside of dropping a monolith. It looks like you're planning on doing the Flying Circus with them though, so this complaint could be a non-issue.

As I'm a fan of destroyers I might advocate dropping a squad (of 10) of warriors to get a few more to increase their firepower and survivability. Dropping a monolith could be another source of points for this idea, but I do like the sight of two monoliths on the board since it both looks cool and should help keep at least one of them alive (since opponents will have to deal with one at a time or divide fire).
Zeeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2010, 19:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to demitriusnassy
Default Re: 'Ard Boyz preperation has begun! 2500 pts

None of this is dedicated yet, I have over a month until 'ard boys so no problems there. I hadn't planned on using large squads unless I happened to be playing an army that would require them, since necron shuffle would be a superb weapon of choice for the extreme rapid fire of warriors. One thing I have done in the past is march my warriors up in front of my monolith by a good, I'd say, 10-18 inches and when they look like they'll be in trouble, port them out of combat then rapidfire into the newly exposed unit. I managed to wipe 2 tactical marine squads as well as a squad of assault marines with this tactic several times before.

Destroyers are an absolutelt amazing unit to field, I agree, but at the moment these are all I have. I would have a few more, if it wasn't for a horribly failed conversion for a destroyer lord.

I was thinking of adding some flayed ones into the list to advocate some (better than warrior) cc power and counter charge potential. My main tactics are relying on outlasting whatever opponent I come across in the three rounds of play with the durability of warriors. I kept the 11 warriors seperate also because I usually keep at least one squad in reserve for last minute objective grabbing.

"You dare stand against the might of the millenia and the number of the dead?"

"..." zap. "..."
demitriusnassy is offline   Reply With Quote