10 Immortals

12 Warriors
12 Warriors
12 Warriors
12 Warriors

3 mono's

9 Scarab w/ disruption field
9 Scarab w/ disruption fields

The only thing that starts on the board is Immortals with 2 lords attached. Everything else drops in from reserve. (warriors out of liths) Makes the army meneuverable as well as hard to phase because some of the warrior units wont disembark until turns 3 or later. Drop the monos on objectives, let the Immortals fly around, scarabs tie up vehicles or walkers.

OR

HQ
Deciever
Lord - Veil of Darkness, Solar Pulse, Gaze of Flame, Warscythe

Troops
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
10 Warriors

Fast
5 Destroyers
5 Destroyers
9 Scarabs with Dis. fields

Heavy
1 Monolith
1 Monolith
3 H. Destroyers

Elite
5 Immortals

Same Concept with the warriors and monoliths.
Don't you know? Marines have the And They Shall Follow No Rules special rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Meh, shooting roman candles in the face of the SM's charging you IS pretty ballsy...
Ashtoruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2010, 04:40   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 2500 pt Hard Boyz lists... Need help Deciding

The main thing you'll want to watch out for in your game plan is that only warrior units in excess of the requisite two can enter monolith reserves. This just means that you'll have two units walking in from the table edge, which might not be so bad.

Also: why not start the scarabs and destroyers on the field? Especially if you get first turn I think it would be to your advantage to have them glancing/killing/tarpitting. That also would prevent your opponents from being able to focus fire on only one unit of immortals.

Oh, and I think I'm more of a fan of the second list because it possesses a bit more guaranteed mobile firepower and the nifty options provided to you by the Deceiver.
Zeeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2010, 07:27   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I agree, I like the second list more. It strikes me as being more proactive rather than reactionary. With the Destroyers and the Deceiver you will be able to play havoc with your opponents infantry. The first list seems like its entire goal is to try and deny your opponent shots, not remove him from the board. I can just say that you should try to make your opponent react to you, not the other way around.

That being said, you do need to have some form of defence other than just a good offense. I would change up the Lord to have a Res Orb to babysit your warriors in case of stray battle cannon shots. you can still have the Veil and be teleporting the Immortals around (which is what I assume you intend to do) but generally keep them close to the warriors. Then, if you need to make a last turn objective contestation ( or you really need to get a rear armor shot) teleport away and do your thing
Papa_Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 23:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeblee
The main thing you'll want to watch out for in your game plan is that only warrior units in excess of the requisite two can enter monolith reserves. This just means that you'll have two units walking in from the table edge, which might not be so bad.
The way its worded though I believe allows me to do all 4, I need to check with someone else thats a little bit more of a rules person than me but its says that any necron warrior units in excess of the 2 required may start in reserves. Then goes on to state how warriors in reserve can come in from monoliths instead. Which leads me to believe that with the way it is in 5th ed and anyone can start in reserves that the first few sentances are just redundancy.
Don't you know? Marines have the And They Shall Follow No Rules special rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Meh, shooting roman candles in the face of the SM's charging you IS pretty ballsy...
Ashtoruin is offline   Reply With Quote