Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Necron list (1750)
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Necron list (1750)

Hey guys I got myself a tournament coming up and will be facing pretty much every race. So i put together this list tell me what you think...

Necron Army List 1750
Necron lord 205 points
• destroyer body
• gaze of flame
• phylactery
• phase shifter
• war scythe
• disruption field
Necron lord 200 points
• resurrection orb
• veil of darkness

8 immortals 224 points

14 warrior’s 252 points
14 warrior’s 252 points

7 scarab swarms 112 points
• disruption fields x7

3 Destroyer’s 150 points

1 tomb spider 55 points
1 heavy destroyer 65 points
1 monolith 235 points
1750 points

criticism and complimetns welcome...

[img width=650 height=508]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Almostairsoft1/theredharvest.png[/img]

cj dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 12:05   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Necron list (1750)

Ok let's see here...

Quote:
Necron lord 205 points
• destroyer body
• gaze of flame
• phylactery
• phase shifter
• war scythe
• disruption field
this guy needs a resurrection orb, they are very useful and you have alot of things you can drop. For example if your taking a warscythe (which is a good tank kill) you don't need a disruption field. Phylactery can be a waste of points but also alot of fun depending how it goes so it's up to you. gaze of flame is good but it works best when supporting a squad.

Quote:
Necron lord 200 points
• resurrection orb
• veil of darkness
This is fine, I assume he'll be porting the troops around to avoid combat

Quote:
7 scarab swarms 112 points
• disruption fields x7
Personally with the new glancing table it's pretty pointless to make anti tank scarabs, you can use the 28pts (from dropping the fields) and reinforce some other units.

Quote:
3 Destroyer’s 150 points
These are probably the best guys in the 'dex, I suggest taking more (a squad of five would really kick some A )

Quote:
1 tomb spider 55 points
If your taking this guy, there isn't much need to take so many scarabs as the tomb spider poops them out pretty quickly.

Quote:
1 heavy destroyer 65 points
This is like having one lascannon in your entire space marine army, if it misses your pretty screwd until next turn. Also it can only potentially kill one target a turn (factor in misses, glances, and crappy rolls on damage chart). I suggest taking one more.

Quote:
1 monolith 235 points
These things are tough but don't do alot of damage, an eenmy can easily ignore this thing and go for the phase out. It' useful though so it's up to you.

Finally you should mention what role each unit is going to fill out (like who the two lords are chillin with, where is the spider chilling, who is the monolith focusing on for teleportation, etc) So that we can better critique this list.

Hope that helps
wererat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 12:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

One of the main strengths of the Necron army is We'll be back. This works well, as squads which are shot down can then join other squads. For this reason, it really pays off to take units in the Necron codex in pairs.

One of the main weaknesses of the Necron army is it's inability to deal with armour. I have found Scarabs to be rather successful in crippling tanks, especially in the company of a warscythe Destroyer Lord. The Lord has far too much wargear which is unnecessary. Disruption field is pointless for firsts. Also, drop either the gaze of flame, or the phylactery and add in lighting field. Makes his scarabs pets much more of a threat against infantry. Res orbs are not needed on him.

I would also drop both warrior squads to 10 models. The main way warriors are killed these days is being run down in combat. Having four extra models in each squad wont make any difference. The extra points can be spent to add two more heavy destroyers.

Tomb Spiders are great, but only in pairs to they really work. I feel what would work better for the set up you have, is to drop the spider and use the points to split the Immortals into two 5 or six man units. This way they can get the best bang for the buck from We'll be back.

I've tried running solo spiders and I was surprised how quickly they get killed off. In pairs though they are quite fantastic and are a great anti-assault unit (due to high toughness, strength, and being monstrous creatures.) Thus it is very difficult for me to tell you not too take one. But unless your willing to make room for a second I cannot see it being worth while. They work a lot better with Destroyers anyway due to their mobility, and you have only one squad.

To me theses changes with add more usability and resilience to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererat

Quote:
1 tomb spider 55 points
If your taking this guy, there isn't much need to take so many scarabs as the tomb spider poops them out pretty quickly.
Except the fact the scarabs join his unit, thus having more then one base makes the spider T3 for majority toughness. Also that the spiders cannot leave the squad, you can only make one a turn and they don't have the fantastic Disruption fields.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 00:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

when i run me a tombspyder my oppponents never shoot them, (always go for the big blue things in the sky (monolith))
And my scarabs have killed many a landraider...anyway the necrons will be back, i use it as a failsafe so i play like a marine player with this list thanks for the replies

[img width=650 height=508]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Almostairsoft1/theredharvest.png[/img]

cj dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 07:58   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think you could use your points with more efficiency and focus. The destroyer lord has extraneous wargear, and it's kind of awkward to run solo models (the spyder the the heavy destroyer).

For the DLord I get the feeling you kitted him out to act similarly to one I've used before: a tank hunter/small unit killer. For these roles you could (and should) drop the disruption field, probably drop the phylactery, and if you want to try and sweep enemy units you should add the chronometron (if this is your goal then keeping the gaze of flame can be useful, otherwise you could probably get rid of it). If you want to run him with your scarabs then the lightning field would be good (as Grindgobble mentioned), but then you might want to drop the disruption fields from the scarabs since they'd be focused on infantry and not tanks.

The above edit and dropping your warrior squads down to 10 should get you more points to spend on things like a second spyder and/or more destroyers (of either variety). You also have single squads of both destroyers and immortals, which makes them less durable for purposes of WBB. I'd recommend grabbing a second squad of at least one of them.
Zeeblee is offline   Reply With Quote