Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Team Tournament
Old 25 Feb 2010, 16:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Team Tournament

My LGS will be holding a team tournament next month, each player fields a 1,000 army, so 2,000 total per-team. The rules are simple, played like any other game just with a teammate. Also, your army's special rules and wargear do not benefit your teammate's army. Basically, it's two armies on the same side. Oh and your partner is picked randomly.

Anyway, since nobody at the shop plays Necrons except me, and nobody there has seen my Necrons and most don't know I even own them, I figured I'd have some fun and show up with them. I forgot how quickly you can get to 1,000 points with Necrons, so it's not the most exciting list but it should be a solid force. The fun will be playing the Necrons with a teammate.

My Necron force isn't huge. Other than what's in my list below I have 1 Heavy Destroyer, 1 Tomb Spyder, 9 Scarabs and 3 more Warriors that are all painted. I do have 10 Warriors not assembled but I won't have time to get them together and painted in time, got too much commission work to get completed.

HQ
Lord staff of light, resurrection orb and veil of darkness

Elite
Immortals x 8 gauss blasters and disruption fields (I had points left over)

Troops
Warriors x 10 gauss flayers

Fast Attack
Destroyers x 4 gauss cannons

My plan is to basically be the one who holds the flank and any near objectives with the Warriors. Immortals will do what they do well and advance up laying down cover fire for my teammate. Destroyers will also do what they do well and harass the enemy with their 36? range. I gave my Lord veil of Darkness in case I either need to quickly redeploy my Warriors or if my Warriors are fine then he can join the Immortals for some deep striking goodness. That's the idea anyway.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 21:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: Team Tournament

Drop the Veil. And, as wierd as it will sound, take Solar Pulse. Then, lodge yourself in a ruin, or some form of cover with an objective, and just hold your ground. Destroyers have a long range and can shoot things far away, and Immortals are more of a mid-range, while your warriors are close range. Also, if you field the tomb spyder, and if you get another lord, you can split yourslef up and, in case of multiple objectives, lodge yourself on both of them to the best of your ability. You don't have to worry about things like genestealers, because they don't have frags, and you ARE stll a marine (a slow one, but still a marine). Maybe...

Lord, Staff of Light, Rezorb
Lord, Staff of Light, Rezorb

10 Warriors
10 Warriors

4 Destroyers

That leaves you 55 points, so if you want to add another Tomb Spyder, or take the Solar Pulse (again, it's useful against long ranged armies. Imperial Guard are a big one) but thats up to you.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 13:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Team Tournament

The only problem is my lack of a 2nd Lord. I do have a Spyder, so I could split up but not having that 2nd Lord for the orb hampers that a bit. I'm not 100% sold on using veil in the list, been considering dropping it.

Hmm. I could either remove 2 Immortals or 1 Destroyer and fit in a Spyder. It would give me the option to split off, wish I had the 2nd Lord though. I could send the Lord I do have with the Warrior unit that splits the furthest from main force to help them out and leave the Spyder with the Warrior unit that's the most supported.

EDIT: So I've managed a few team games to prepare and am considering the following list. The problem I've found is the list I posted is heavily reliant on getting a teammate who can cover my weakness of assault. Plus, I've just found it hard to create a real synergy with my teammate. My idea is something like:

HQ
Lord resurrection orb, phase shifter, phylactery, chronometron and warscythe

Troops
Warriors x 12 gauss flayers

Fast Attack
Destroyers x 4 gauss cannons
Scarabs x 9 w/disruption fields

Heavy Support
Tomb Spyder

I figure it will give me some speed with Scarabs and something able to help with assault, or speed bump someone wanting to assault me. Tomb Spyder gives me the option to break off the Warriors a bit and lend in assault if needed, though I know he's not amazing at assault. The Lord's wargear is to hopefully be able to take being assaulted and live through it and do some damage. Wondering if I should, in this idea of mine, keep the Destroyers or trade them up for 7 Immortals? Doing so would lose me range and mobility but gain me a few more "Necrons" for phase out and seems a bit more resilient than 4 Destroyers.