|27 Sep 2007, 18:17||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2007
2.5K 'Ard boys round 1 winning army
I played the following in the first round of the 'Ardboyz tournament.
2 Heavy Destroyers
1 Heavy Destroyer
1 Heavy Destroyer
I had great success with this list, and I think its a very strong design, an outgrowth of the Optimum Crons template, focused towards beating Nidzilla and Skimmer lists.
Notable is the lack of monoliths and Veil/Orb lords, this list will fail utterly unless you plan for the static nature of the firebase. With no teleportation it is extremely unforgiving of mistakes. If the enemy gets around your Deceiver and engages your 50 walkers in close combat it can get ugly.
This list essentially has only 4 strategic elements, and a shadow fifth.
The first element to consider is the Deceiver.
1. Redployment (rarely worth it to get cute, the army is a brick with 2 circles, don't leave formation)
2. Anti-assault (stand between the enemy and your guys, if they manage to get around him you get a countercharge)
3. Fear Beam (choose pinning or routing based on the situation)
4. Assault (walk up to a firebase and step on it.)
The next element is the Destroyer Circus
1. Long range firepower. Never move these guys into the <30 inch range unless you are heading out to contest an objective. Don't let the enemy use short range weapons on them.
2. Contest objectives with turbo boost. This is the only time its permissable to split up.
The next element is the Heavy Destroyer Circus
1. AP 2 firepower. These are your carnifex takeout troops. Shoot down the flying tyrant etc.
2. Scoring units, sploit up and contest objectives with your turbo boost.
Last is the infantry brick.
1. Never fear to exchange mid range fire with the enemy. You will prevail in any 24" firefight.
2. Don't move forward if you don't have to. 24" is just fine. Only move up if you need to contest things. Leave the guys behind the cover for the Destroyers/Deceiver to sweep out. Don't get your brick in assault.
The Warriors are the shadow segment, able to seperate out from the Immortals and contest other things, forming a 21 wound reserve that can be thrown in if you get assaulted, or stand on an objective if you need the Immortals to stay mobile.
My games were:
2. Dark Eldar wych cult
3. Mech Eldar
and at no time (except in the second game, the mission let the wyches get a round 1 rush on my gun line) was I in danger of losing. This is a strong list, treat it right and you'll be competitive against any enemy, and dominant against weaker lists.
Friends don't let friends Jump Shoot Jump.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tau 2500 list for Ard Boys second round||jbethune||Tau Army Lists||7||16 Jul 2009 22:54|
|Round 2 'Ardboyz winning list, 2.5K Chaos Daemons||40kenthusiast||Chaos Army Lists||7||27 Oct 2008 12:00|
|'Ard boys tournament round 2||40kenthusiast||General 40K||0||14 Oct 2007 19:22|
|Award-Winning 2000 Point Space Marine army for sale (lots of pics)||Doctor Thunder||Marketplace - Buy Sell Trade||0||10 Jan 2007 19:19|
|GREATEST WINNING STREAKS!! (what's a winning streak??)||StarGod||General 40K||3||02 May 2005 14:05|