Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

requisitions
Old 07 Jun 2008, 07:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default requisitions

Thought i would start a topic on what we all got that was new. i order alot from century media online to get my fix of metal bands. my current installment-

New album-
.black tide-light from above
classic thrash metal inspired work from some very young and talented musicians from florida.

.children of bodom-blood drunk
more excellent melodic deathmetal from the northlands

Back catalog purchase-
.primal fear-primal fear
missed the first 2 albums from this judas priest inspired german metal act. so i am working on the back catalog.
Old 07 Jun 2008, 08:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: requisitions

Bah?

I never liked black tide, they aren't really that good in my opinion, and there music is quite slow for thrash... Then again so are allot of the new wave of thrash bands *shudders*. They seem to me at least, to be something a bit less poser esc then avenged sevenfold.

Never really liked Children of Bodom, Alexi's vocals sounded to much like a man jumping up and down, and the guitars were just random sweeps in the middle of lots of triplets. I did like follow the reaper though.

I really like primal fear, although I do wish he stayed in Gama Ray, he is doing some cool things. Lots of shiny American Power Metal riffs thrown in there.

My latest Albums have been...

Overkill's Taking Over, the production makes everything sound the same saddlly... Overkill is awesome but by god, this needs a remaster...

Overkill's Feel the Fire, miles a head of the other, I just love overkill so so much.

I got Helloween's Keeper of the 7 keys 1, the production was way better then walls of Jericho. The songs were less happy then part 2, it was still the gold of Helloween though!

I also got Diamond Head's Lightning to the nations, a random reprint of it, pure gold. I had a few of the songs from my brief experience with illegal downloading in the day, and I was happy to learn that the other songs were just as good.

I also got this tape called Dirty Business by a new Label, Face Fate Records. Lots of Good Death Metal, it reminds me of the old Florida stuff, which is all new to me actually... It was super Generic and awesome. All the songs were good though, not all songs had those type writery drums though. I really love super trigged bass drums in death metal but. :/

And well ya... I got all of these in the last few months, but they were all sent home so it was one big batch.

brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2008, 10:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Good to hear. overkill is a great often overlooked band(i could say the same for saxon), along with my CD order i also got a complementary demo cd(they always send one)
I'm only about 5 songs in but "zimmers hole" tickled my ear quite well.

I also get them in batches mostly because my local store don't carry the good stuff so i have to order online. which means i do a bunch each time.

Quote:
They seem to me at least, to be something a bit less poser esc then avenged sevenfold.
I don't even consider avenged to be metal, just radio friendly rock, the guitarist/vocalist in black tide i have alot of kudo's for. he is in his teens but has a really good slew of influences in great metal bands from around the world.

More to come in about a week.
Old 07 Jun 2008, 12:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I never buy CDs in Italy, they just cost too much here, really too much! I buy CDs only in Poland, during summer. Never tried buying them online...