Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Indestructible, the new Disturbed CD.
Old 01 Jun 2008, 23:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Indestructible, the new Disturbed CD.

I have been graced by the Emperor by being able to listen to this AWESOME new album by Disturbed. The tracks on this CD are absolutely amazing, the best Disturbed has come up with so far. I'll go through, track-by-track, explaining why I like them.

1. Indestructible: This is definitely a Space Marine song. It's about war, and the chorus is probably one of the best I have ever heard. This is no doubt going to be many people's favorite songs. There is simply no "down-time", it's all fast paced action and 'ead bangin. Did I mention the chorus?

2. Inside the Fire: Most Disturbed fans already know all about this song, and probably have heard it several dozen times. It's a pretty good song, with a solid meaning, but I don't think that it's the best song on the CD. As it's already the most heard song, I won't go into much more detail. Though, it really does get you emotional, since the song is about suicide.

3. Deceiver: No, not the Ctan, the song. Not a favorite, but it does sound pretty good. It's pretty fast, and the chorus is good, but it just lacks the epic feeling of Indestructible or the next song on the album. Overall, an ok song.

4. The Night: Now we're talking! This was my most highly anticipated song since the trailer was released a long time ago. I was not disappointed when I heard this amazing tune. The chorus is flawless, with some ace verses. There's just something about the 2nd half of the chorus, "Power beyond containing/Are you going to remain a slave/For the rest of your life/Give into the night" that just inspires me to do epic things, like playing Epic Armageddon. Puns aside, this is without doubt my favorite song on the album.

5. Perfect Insanity: The 2nd most listened to song on the album, I can't say that this is a personal favorite, although I absolutely love the ending. Like Inside the Fire, I'll assume that most fans have already heard this song, and have their own opinions on it. Pretty good song though.

6. Haunted: I believe that this song will end up like Sons of Plunder from 10k Fists, a song that you'll either love it or you'll hate it. It starts of kinda slow, but then picks up into being pretty fast. I like this song, lots of heavy drums. There's a part that reminds me of Liberate and Voices, with some whispering that's barely audible. Overall, pretty good.

7. Enough: I don't really like this song too much, but I may not have listened to it enough yet. Pun was not intended. The reason why I don't like it is the chorus, it just doesn't sound Disturbed. Too sing-song. Meh, some people will like it.

8. The Curse: Again, the chorus is superb, with a great overall feel. I was reminded of Sons of Plunder, probably by David's voice, it's in a similar pattern to Sons. In my opinion, this is the 3rd best song on the album, coming in after The Night and Indestructible. "Why does this s*it keep happening to me?"

9. Torn: A slow song, but not in a bad way. The feel of the song is that of severe agony, whether physical or emotional, I have discerned yet. Probably my 4th favorite song. A great guitar solo as well.

10. Criminal: There's a part at the beginning that reminded me of Intoxication, it was probably meant to, as the two songs have a similar feel. Criminal is a pretty good song, not the best, but not bad either, many people will find this song pretty inspiring as they rage though GTA 4.

11. Divide: This is one kicker of a song. It begins with a blast of music that nearly blew up my speakers. As of this point, I'm growing tired of explaining why these songs are awesome, so I'll just give this one 4 Stars out of 5, for being very musical, and having great lyrics.

12. Facade: A good ending track, it's got good lyrics, a good sound to it, and will definitely have a good following of fans. There really isn't any bad points to this song at all.

Overall, I rate this new album as a must have. Please, do yourselves a favor, go out and buy this awesome collection of the best music ever made. (Arguable, I know, but Disturbed is my favorite band, and I think that they are amazing.)
General_Dakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2008, 23:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: Indestructible, the new Disturbed CD.

From what I've heard this is to be the hardest of Disturbed's stuff yet, is that true? And Im guessing this one is politically themed too?

Also apparently you can listen to the whole thing on their website, though for some reason Im having trouble with it.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2008, 00:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Well I'm gonna give some of the tracks on the site a listen...if nothing else I will say this: the cover art is badass, all three versions, but in particular I like the second.

I kinda lost interest in Disturbed after the second album, and 10k Fists didn't do much to restore confidence in them. But if this album is supposed to be their "heaviest", and I haven't exactly hated what I've heard so far from this one song I'm listening to right now, I might change my mind.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2008, 00:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

From what I have heard on the radio, this CD is not their heaviest. Some of their older songs are much heavier, these ones have more of a generic hard rock feel to them. Still good stuff, but their older stuff was better IMHO.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 00:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

Haha, personally i had been waiting for this album for quite a few months. When i finally went out to get it, the lady behind the counter wasn't going to sell it to me because it was M, despite the fact it's legal to sell M rated content to minors...

I think she thought i was 12 :-\

But about the song, great album and though not the hardest stuff, i would say it is "Aggressified"

chrissi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 23:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Dante18907

I love this album. I wouldnt say its their heaviest stuff by a long shot, that belongs to The Sickness. But it is still great.
I give this album 6/5 stars. The extra one is cos of the solos! Oh the solos!

Dante
Old 17 Jun 2008, 23:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

I'm a huge fan of Disturbeds, but I give this album a 5/10. I bought it at midnight when it came out, hopped in the car and listened and said meh to every song but In the Fire. I didn't dislike any song, they all just seemed average, run of the mill or whatever.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 11:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Love it. Ever since i heard their copy of "Land of confusion" i have loved disturbed!!
Old 18 Jun 2008, 11:18   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Really need to get this album....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 21:50   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I'm still waiting for mine to get here.....
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote