Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I got offerd to play a show at the whisky a go go!!!!!!!! My band... Seriouslly!
Old 22 May 2008, 03:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default I got offerd to play a show at the whisky a go go!!!!!!!! My band... Seriouslly!

So, with my band page... (linky in my Sig thingy) I got a message from this company who organize all these shows at the whisky. And I got offered to play with this band Darksun... They are apparently pretty big. So it's like ya! But the problem is, as of now it's a one man band, and whilst I have a crap load of songs written and some are pretty good, I don't actually know how to play them... The show is on the 11th. So I have time to learn them, but I won't be home till the 30th. So I have basically 11 days to prepare, get guys and rehearse...

so my plan is to play a cover or 2 ( The Trooper and Minor Threat probably...) and then a few of my own songs... Maybe another cover...

But I still need to get some guys. Does anyone know of anyone in the area south of Hollywood who could play on such short notice?

Also, any advice or anything? This would be my first show and such...
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2008, 03:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to pepin0329
Default Re: I got offerd to play a show at the whisky a go go!!!!!!!! My band... Serious

First off, congrats! For you first show to be at the Whiskey is huuuuuuuuuge beyond belief.

Second, advertise on myspace and facebook biiiiiiiig time. Make sure you add in that the songs are written and they need to learn them. Or, you could just loop all but the vocals and guitar(assuming thats what you play) and go up by yourself. Worst comes to worst, pass it on. I know you dont want to, but you'll get other shots, and now you have incentive to get a real band going.

Third, kudos for potentially doing a Minor Threat cover. You wouldnt happen to be SxE also, would you?
A Tau's best friend (with the exception of the codex).
pepin0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2008, 04:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: I got offerd to play a show at the whisky a go go!!!!!!!! My band... Serious

Yay! Actually though, they seem to only book shows at the whiskey and to contact them when ever ready... Thats pretty awesome.

And about straight edge... I would say I am... Although I'm not sure if that entitles other things besides being a cheapskate who likes control of himself... hahah
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote