Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Avenged Sevenfold?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Apr 2008, 21:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Avenged Sevenfold?

Any A7X fans here?

I know alot of folks have labeled them as "sell outs" because they don't scream anymore, but I like more than just screamo music so it's all good to me.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 23:48   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Avenged Sevenfold?

They get a hearty "Meh" from me.

Not my thing, really.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 00:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

And why is that?

Don't like the instrumentals? Don't like the singer? Don't like the messages of the songs?

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 00:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
They get a hearty "Meh" from me.

Not my thing, really.
Yeah, they get the same response from me. I'm just not into the whole metalcore/screamo scene.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 16 Apr 2008, 00:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

They're Republitards. I'm not making a slur against Republicans in general, but there's no other term for people who go on the record saying stuff this stupid:

Quote:
[Democrats] are "a bunch of -- idiots where everyone looks at Michael Moore and does what he says."
Sauce.

Vocals are more annoying than a Noise Marine squad doing a sound check, too.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 01:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Haha, you would love their song "Critical Acclaim" then.

Myself, I'm politically unaffiliated, but I am very patriotic and I find listening to some A7X very encouraging after sitting through my sociology class for an hour listening to my professor rant about how America is the great Satan and is made up of imperialist warmongers. But, A7X isn't really a political band, this kind of stuff stays under the surface, and is only a reaction to all the anti-Americanism that many bands put out. Somebody has to counterbalance the pure crap that bands like Greenday and Rise Against spew out on a daily basis.

Old 16 Apr 2008, 07:12   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I personally find them really boring and rather repetitive. They just seem like yet another Metallica / Megadeth Clone.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 11:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I find that odd coming from a Nightwish fan. All their albums before Annette sounded exactly the same... :P

That being said A7X is faaaar from repetitive. For example, on their fourth CD, the first two tracks, Critical Acclaim and Almost Easy follow their traditional heavy metal style, while the closing track is more akin to Southern rock/country, with the addition of Ms.Shanna Crooks helping out on the Vocals. Personally, I love songs with both a male and female singer.

And the song "A Little Piece of Heaven" is more of an orchestra piece than a rock song.

Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallessian
Somebody has to counterbalance the pure Klkn that bands like Greenday and Rise Against spew out on a daily basis.
Oh wow...

First of all, if you make a thread asking for my opinion about a band you like, try not to be a douchebag and flame a band that I like. I don't think Rise Against spews out "pure shit"...at least, nothing worse than Avenged Sevenfold spews out. I like Green Day too, but nothing they've put out lately, just old stuff...

But yeah, I'm not gonna object to anyone who simply doesn't like a band, everyone's different and I can't even explain why I listen to some of the stuff that I listen to, but I'd just try to avoid possibly offensive statements like "so-and-so are shit", etc. :-\

Anyway, I went to the link Novae posted:

Quote:
In fact, "Blinded In Chains" is about the philosophical war between Republicans and Democrats. The former are excessively closed-minded, says Shadows, 24, and the latter are "a bunch of -- idiots where everyone looks at Michael Moore and does what he says." If from that statement you can't glean the band's politics, consider that AVENGED SEVENFOLD sells American-flag T-shirts proclaiming, "Love It Or Die".
At least they acknowledged the fact that Republicans are "excessively closed-minded" as well, instead of blindly ripping on Democrats.

As to the t-shirt, "love it or die", I dunno...a little hostile, isn't it? And do I really have a choice?

In either case though, I may be a little embittered, but deep down I do love America. I've never hated my country, and I doubt those "idiot Democrats" and bands like Rise Against do, but there's a lot I'm not proud of. Personally I'm not anti-war (not even Iraq), but I'm definately not pro-war, either, and as for Bush and his administration...I think it's just getting old more than anything, even the Republicans don't like him anymore and I think in general we're all a bit tired of the bitching. In either case I hardly think liking/disliking the president has anything to do with whether or not you love America.

Anyway, about "ranting because it's the cool thing to do", come on Mr. Shadows...you're a popular name working for a popular label just like all of them, in reality you're hoping those same 16-year-olds who can't vote will buy your albums instead because you're being different, and as we all know, different is "cool", it's why every other person you went to school with had one of those "I laugh because you're all the same" shirts you can get at any store in the mall. :

Bottom line is, A7X are trying to sell records, same as every other mainstream band. Being "Republican and proud", regardless of whether it's true or not, is apparently their new gimmick. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the anti-Bush, anti-war attitude has been very prevalent in the music industry lately.

As for the music...it's alright. I own a couple albums myself, though I haven't heard anything from the newest one. I kinda liked his voice for some reason, but like Novae said, it gets a bit annoying after a while. I still like "The Beast and the Harlot" and I don't remember why I ever got tired of the album that preceeded that one...

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 14:49   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
I find that odd coming from a Nightwish fan. All their albums before Annette sounded exactly the same...
Fancy explaining?
Closed Thread