Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dethklok
Old 28 Mar 2008, 19:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Dethklok

Well, I always liked the show Metalocalypse, but after getting the first Dethklok-album "The Dethalbum" I am stunned.

Seriously, I am hooked. The music is nice and heavy, the lyrics are great fun but not over the top silly.

If you know the show but not the album: Many songs that were played during the episodes made it onto the album, in full versions.
Others are completely new but keep the show´s feeling.

I especially like the diversitiy on this album. Besides the fast, aggressive Death-metal-esque songs like "Awaken" and "Face Fisted" we have slower, heavy metal tracks as well, like "The Lost Vikings" or "Better Metal Snake". "Dethharmonics" even features an orchestra!

I highly recommend the "Dethalbum" to anyone who is into metal. At least give it a try.

My personal favorite would be "Hatredcopter". Hard and fast with hilarious lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clOaqRM6EDM

Let me hear your thoughts on the "Dethalbum" in particular and Dethklok in general.

Greetz, Trogdor

[WHFB] Dwarfs
9 victorious slaughters/ 7wins/ 5 draws/ 7 losses

[WH40k] Tau
17victorious slaughters/ 10wins/ 2draw/ 1 loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2008, 21:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Dethklok

The Dethklok album is hands-down the best metal I've heard. The show might be hysterical, but the musicians are incredible. I don't even normally listen to metal and even I have it on autorepeat for days.

I like the "Vengeance" song, but the one they sing to the fish is mind-numbingly good. If you've seen the episode where they record it in the Marinaras Trench ("so it's DEEP ENOUGH!"), my response was similar to that of the spy-producer who hears it and screeches in joy as his eyes start to bleed and his hair whooshes back.
Old 29 Mar 2008, 05:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

The Dethalbum is amazing, as is Dethklok in general. My favorite song off the entire album is Murmaider. It's just the perfect song to rock out to on the way to work and easy to headbang to. My second favorite would be either Awaken or Go in to the Water. I didn't like Go in to the Water before I saw the episode with it in it and then I truly was able to understand the epic-ness of it.

I, personally, thought that the first half of the album was the best, though. From Murmaider to Birthday Dethday were solid, with the exception of Better Metal Snake (which I guess I've never understood...) and then they just go downhill from there. But still that first half of the album was awesome enough to make it completely epic, even if the second half was just silence.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2008, 05:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
I, personally, thought that the first half of the album was the best, though. From Murmaider to Birthday Dethday were solid, with the exception of Better Metal Snake (which I guess I've never understood...) and then they just go downhill from there.
"Blood Ocean"? "Duncan Hills Coffee Intro"? - okay, maybe that last one is dependent on you liking the episode it was in.
Old 29 Mar 2008, 05:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behdini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
I, personally, thought that the first half of the album was the best, though. From Murmaider to Birthday Dethday were solid, with the exception of Better Metal Snake (which I guess I've never understood...) and then they just go downhill from there.
"Blood Ocean"? "Duncan Hills Coffee Intro"? - okay, maybe that last one is dependent on you liking the episode it was in.
Ah, you've got the fancy edition, I see. You are one lucky ducky.

I just bought the normal, run-of-the-mill Dethalbum and it ends on Dethharmonic. Actually, I guess it's followed by the theme song, but that doesn't really count...

Envious,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2008, 22:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's a nice album, I like listening to it from time to time. I think that some riffs are great. And please, don't forget that the drums have been recorded by Gene Hoglan :P
Old 29 Mar 2008, 23:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It is the highest charting death metal album ever. Says it all.

Well, and its frontman is Brendan Small, who is, like, I dunno - god? He's my Emperor. Home Movies is just about the most consistently funny show I've ever seen.
Old 29 Mar 2008, 23:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Popularity doesn't mean quality :
Old 30 Mar 2008, 04:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
I thought KILL by Cannibal Corpse was still #1

All i got to say is.....

"UNDERWATER FRIENDS!!!!"

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2008, 05:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I love that show lol.
Looks like Im gonna have to go out and buy the album.