Ok 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Terrible 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04 Jan 2008, 22:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Aunva Drklite
Default The Agony Scene-Your thoughts?

Right okey dokey wargamers, been a while since last did one of these. First off how is everyone? Good new years? Good crimbo?

Right down to buisiness what does everyone recon to the band The Agony scene. I'll reserve my comments till other people view theirs

So as always no flaming or bating.

My kit at the moment
Aunva Drklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 00:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: The Agony Scene-Your thoughts?

I've never heard of them, but from what I've gather from listening to a couple songs on YouTube, I don't really like them. Instrumentally speaking, they sound good. But one the vocals come in, ick. I enjoy being able to understand the lyrics of songs and I'm pretty sure I've heard people sing in languages I know not a word in and I still understood more than this bands singing.

I did especially like the beginning of Prey, though. Old Scratch started very coolly, too. I also liked the solo in the middle of Will to Bleed.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 04:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Their quite good I guess.
Death Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 16:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't like metalcore too much :P
Old 05 Jan 2008, 20:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valar
I don't like metalcore too much :P
Ahhhh i love it :P

They did a very good cover of Paint it black

My kit at the moment
Old 05 Jan 2008, 20:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Oh my GOD...I listened to Prey for a little bit, but I closed the damn window when he started singing. It wasn't fantastic, sounded almost exactly like every other hardcore, metalcore, whatever the hell you want to call it, song that I've listened to in the past...the only thing unique about these guys is that singer's TERRIBLE voice. It's not just annoyingly screamy, it's like they stepped on a cat over and over and recorded it. No thanks.

I also disagree with the YouTube comments. "This song is Y'xa'uuk brutal"? My D'yi...why is it brutal, because they do the stereotypical pounding drums thing, headbanged a lot, and shook the camera up and down? There's more to a song than noise and inaudible screaming.

EDIT: Also, "these guys aren't emo, emo is gay", etc...yeah they are. They all look like it, dress like it, it's in the name even...and the lead singer sounds like a girl. Everything fits, except you can't really tell what he's singing about since his voice cant be understood by a normal human being.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 20:29   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I personally hate the growl-screaming crap. I can't understand a damn thing.

This is coming from a person who listens to Dimmu Borgir and Amon Amarth, I can actually understand what they're saying though. Not so much in this case.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 20:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Oh my GOD...I listened to Prey for a little bit, but I closed the damn window when he started singing. It wasn't fantastic, sounded almost exactly like every other hardcore, metalcore, whatever the hell you want to call it, song that I've listened to in the past...the only thing unique about these guys is that singer's TERRIBLE voice. It's not just annoyingly screamy, it's like they stepped on a cat over and over and recorded it. No thanks.

I also disagree with the YouTube comments. "This song is Y'xa'uuk brutal"? My D'yi...why is it brutal, because they do the stereotypical pounding drums thing, headbanged a lot, and shook the camera up and down? There's more to a song than noise and inaudible screaming.

EDIT: Also, "these guys aren't emo, emo is gay", etc...yeah they are. They all look like it, dress like it, it's in the name even...and the lead singer sounds like a girl. Everything fits, except you can't really tell what he's singing about since his voice cant be understood by a normal human being.
calm down dude, thats borderline flaming.

I agree that the arnt 'brutal' but thats for each person to decide isnt it?

My kit at the moment
Old 05 Jan 2008, 20:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

What, flaming the band? And I am calm, lol...really, to suggest that I typed all that with RAGE INSIDE is hilarious. ;D

Seriously though, I don't see the big deal. People can choose to be offended, but I've had to listen to all the same stuff about every band I've ever liked before.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 21:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
What, flaming the band? And I am calm, lol...really, to suggest that I typed all that with RAGE INSIDE is hilarious. ;D

Seriously though, I don't see the big deal. People can choose to be offended, but I've had to listen to all the same stuff about every band I've ever liked before.
Oh i dont mind it its expression of opinion, but other users might not feel the same.

My kit at the moment