Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Klaxons
Old 29 Nov 2007, 19:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Klaxons

No not the counters in Kill-team!

Klaxons are a very interesting indie-progish sort of band from England. I heard of them a while ago when we got their CD in the studio. I had a few requests and soon some of the pseudo weirdness grew on me.

I can only describe then as a sort of progressive rock band with a great deal of electronic influence. A few of their songs are almost dance tracks, and quite a few of their tracks have been remixed. Their first full length album (I think) is called Myths Of The Near Future. An EP they have called Xan Valleys also include two remixes. Gravitys Van She Remix is very Daft Punk for you fans out there.

Highlight songs on the album include Atlantis to Interzone, Golden Skans, Gravity's Rainbow, and It's Not Over Yet. It's definitely worth a listen to, especially if you're open to some weird rock with poppy riffs here and there.

By the way, I saw them live in Boston in a tiny club with The Mystery Jets who where also awesome. Both bands put on a great show. The show was actually endearing... Klaxons where blown away by how much love they got. At one point they had to keep a breakdown going just because the cheering became too loud. The Mystery Jets sold me as well. I had to pick up their album afterwards.

Anyways check 'em out:www.klaxons.net
I have a feeling these guys are going to get some mainstream attention... so love them while they're still underground so you can brag about it later...
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Klaxons

Underground? MTV wouldn't shut up about the bloomin Klaxons when they released their album. :-\

Anyways, as to the bend... meh. I can't really pinpoint anything particularly bad about their music, I just don't think it's my cup of tea.

That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Tim the Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 04:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
Underground? MTV wouldn't shut up about the bloomin Klaxons when they released their album. :-\
Where are you from from? I haven't seen anything on MTV about them... then again I hardly watch the channel. I couldn't play them if they weren't underground. If nothing else I suppose you could consider them 'up and coming'.

They're not for everyone and were definitely an acquired taste for me.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 14:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I listened to their music for a while and I really liked its not over yet but after a couple of weeks I just got bored of them...
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote