Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Old 18 Nov 2007, 03:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I am a big Beatles fan, pretty much always have been. Used to listen to Sgt. Peppers' a lot, then lost the CD, got into heavier rock, etc... I found my CD recently and popped it in...

Wow.

I must say... I've heard fantastic reviews of this album before, and as a smaller and less mature kid I figured yeah it was good but not that good. I stand corrected.

Exhibit A: listen to "Getting Better All the Time". Now tell me you're not happier. Exactly, that song is like soma (Brave New World Reference)... its musical happiness... drugs in the form of chords.

One thing I've noticed after listening to a lot of other stuff, is that modern lyrics make sense. Listen to a lot of newer songs, and the sentences... they make sense if you just wrote them down. Not so on many of these songs. "And it Doesn't Matter if I'm wrong I'm Right". On paper, it makes no sense... but in the song... it makes perfect sense. I think that's something that a lot of bands should consider moving towards... make music more musical, and not just sentences set to instruments.

Anyways, I'm going to be playing this album in a loop for several hours... Your thoughts on Sgt. Pepper's (arguably the best album ever made)?
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2007, 03:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor
Default Re: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I prefer The White Album.
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
TheEmperorsJanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2007, 04:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

That's my second favorite, personally- both are excellent.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2007, 04:21   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Its kind of a toss-up for me. Both are good in their own drug-induced way.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote