Warhammer 40K Forum

soldja boy "crank dat" rules
Old 13 Oct 2007, 21:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default soldja boy "crank dat" rules

I love this song. and ive mastered the dance ;D
Also that new 50 cent song is awsome and so is "stonger" by cayne west
Ilove RAP!

You know our world is screwed, the sun is exploding, the ozon layer melting, a huge meteor on its way to kill us, and we just want to blow ourselves up............yup I think were ****ed.........
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 00:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: soldja boy "crank dat" rules

then you my friend are in the minority, im afriad that not many people here enjoy the rap. Most people here enjoy metal and its sub-genres.

but in repsonse to your post the the only part of that dance i can do is the arm thrust and slide sideways :P
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 02:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Cheers to that, Tylarius. This song is sickening to me... I go for a walk and someone drives by, blasting it. I'm ready to go home in gym, and I'm quietly contemplating the day while I run, and this song goes on at mind-boggling volume. I can guarantee that you are in the minority.. xD

Kudos to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Rolling Stones, and all the rest of those awesome but countless bands out there. Minus rappers.... :P

Why are you even reading this?
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 02:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Honestly, I find it really funny to find things like this in the Music Forums, because you guys complain about hip-hop and rap and things like that, yet I find heavy metal is pretty bad as well. I really don't know which of the two I dislike more - rappers singing about bling and hoes or "manly" men growling into a microphone about unicorns. Sorry guys, I just don't see the point of either.

I really don't mean to be bashing anybody, these are my personal opinions and I understand if you guys like this music, I just don't like it at all myself.

I have no problem with you liking rap, Sting. I admit, sometimes I find Soldja Boy on the radio in the weight room just a tad catchy but I'm warning you you're not gonna get much support here :P
Old 14 Oct 2007, 05:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=14495460 8)
Old 14 Oct 2007, 06:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
I really don't know which of the two I dislike more - rappers singing about bling and hoes or "manly" men growling into a microphone about unicorns.
I can't say I've heard that metal band. Do they have a website? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Hive Tyrant Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 16:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

I love the song, but I can't do the dance. I don't have the patience to learn it.

Even if you don't like it, you have to appreciate the complexity of the dance compaired to other modern dances (Grinding, Moshing, Slow Dancing).

Stronger is a great song. It's really catchy.

On the other hand, I really don't like that "Ayo Technology" 50 cent. It hurts my ears.

As for you who hate rap, why are you in this thread?

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
compubrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 18:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Meh, the Pooh doesn't hold a candle to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FzlTzpt20I

That being said, the dislike for Hip-Hop on this site is really quite silly. And for that matter the musical elitism on this site is outright ridiculous as well. Especially since it's coming from a great deal of kids with little exposure to multiple genres.

I can say that I enjoy Hip-hop on the whole more then I like Metal. This is because Hip-Hop can be a fun listening experience and I don't need to be bombarded by pretentious, pig-headed, metalheads singing about the same nonsense that rap does. But because metal is 'real' and Hip-Hop is mainstream, there is some silly inflated sense of self worth.

Anyways, Soulja Boy, is not great. It's fun and women love dancing to these sort of songs, but as far as lyrics and music? There's not much there. I've liked to call 'Crank Dat' and songs with a similar mentality, BAP not Rap. At the end of the day they're just Beats And Phrases. That doesn't make it bad. Honestly after beating a tough level in a video game, after you catch that game winning pass, after the Sox win the series ( ), what are you going to do? Dance like a moron or just headbang?
Old 14 Oct 2007, 22:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like this song just because it is fun to listen to. Even if the lyrics are basicly pointless its just fun. I also enjoy rap in general (but usually only upbeat songs if they sound dead or something it stinks).

On the other hand I also enjoy rock and listen to it almost as much but if all they are doing is screaming its annoying.

They see him rolling,
They hating,
Patroling and trying to fix him with a dark lance,
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Fix him with a dark lance,
Try to fix him with a dark lance.

(rap)
Rolling up 'cos I'm a Space Marine,
Heavy armour so it ain't hard to be seen, I ride, ride and they see me lean, Soritas and a TV screen, Yeah the Canoness, she likes cola, Mixed in a stolen drone controller, But then I just try to hold her, One smack and great, I'm in a coma
shashui tarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 00:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exokan
Meh, the Pooh doesn't hold a candle to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FzlTzpt20I

That being said, the dislike for Hip-Hop on this site is really quite silly. And for that matter the musical elitism on this site is outright ridiculous as well. Especially since it's coming from a great deal of kids with little exposure to multiple genres.

I can say that I enjoy Hip-hop on the whole more then I like Metal. This is because Hip-Hop can be a fun listening experience and I don't need to be bombarded by pretentious, pig-headed, metalheads singing about the same nonsense that rap does. But because metal is 'real' and Hip-Hop is mainstream, there is some silly inflated sense of self worth.

Anyways, Soulja Boy, is not great. It's fun and women love dancing to these sort of songs, but as far as lyrics and music? There's not much there. I've liked to call 'Crank Dat' and songs with a similar mentality, BAP not Rap. At the end of the day they're just Beats And Phrases. That doesn't make it bad. Honestly after beating a tough level in a video game, after you catch that game winning pass, after the Sox win the series ( ), what are you going to do? Dance like a moron or just headbang?
AMEN! I agree with almost every single thing you have said here.