Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Um... halp?
Old 04 Oct 2007, 20:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to GueVesaUnit
Default Um... halp?

Yeah. Basically, I need your help. I want to play an instrument. But, I have no idea which one. I have a couple of nominees, though:

-Piano/keyboard
-Violin
-Some kind of flute

So, basically most are a on-the-fly, hey-that'd-be-cool kind of thing, but I'm seriously thinking about the flute and/or piano, mostly because of some songs I heard that sounded really cool. So, you have any ideas? Please, throw me a bone here!

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
If we were all normal, we wouldn't be talking on this forum every single bloody day, instead of breathing in some fresh air once in a while. Anyone remember what the sun looks like? I think it was a sphere...
[quote=Ineluki]
Weirdo? Please, you're as normal as I am. ...wait, what?
GueVesaUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2007, 20:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Um... halp?

Sylvia plays piano. It's a great instrument, and it takes a lot of time and effort, but the payoff is wonderful.
She plays for a few years, and in my opinion, she does it well.

Violins are pretty cool too, though.

'Bernard, do you think I should wash my beard?'
- 'Yes Manny, I think you should wash your beard, and shave it off, staple it to a frisbee, and fling it over a rainbow.'

Me : Pulp Fiction? Please, this amount of blood, can best be compared with 'showdown at the house of blue leaves' in Kill Bill 1.
T-002 : Sweet Charles Dickens, that much? It was a man, you know, not a 15-gallon barrel of blood...
Ineluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2007, 20:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hey, Sylvia's your girlfriend, isn't she? I knew it...

No, but really, I'd start the piano just for being able to play the songs from Kingdom Hearts. Just for that.

Anyway, keep it coming, people!

Quote:
If we were all normal, we wouldn't be talking on this forum every single bloody day, instead of breathing in some fresh air once in a while. Anyone remember what the sun looks like? I think it was a sphere...
[quote=Ineluki]
Old 04 Oct 2007, 20:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd say piano. It's an instrument that's not easy to learn, compared to many others, but it's also probably the most fundamental instrument there is. If you can master the piano then there's no instrument you can't play, and it'll make playing those others ones that much easier.
Old 04 Oct 2007, 21:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

yeah and people are more impressed with piano, nt many people have violins in the corner of there living room lol

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2007, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

i played the piano for 9 years, and then i quit. why? because i was forced into it. if you like the instrument, yes, its great, but dont start playing it thinking that you might practice once a week. where i went they had us practicing 6-7 days. its a time consuming instrument that takes a great deal of skill and patience, but a i said, if you really do like it, go for it. ;D

its more than just "oh isn't that <insert name> kid good at the piano"
it doesnt happen overnight.

chrissi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2007, 17:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissi3
i played the piano for 9 years, and then i quit. why? because i was forced into it. if you like the instrument, yes, its great, but dont start playing it thinking that you might practice once a week. where i went they had us practicing 6-7 days. its a time consuming instrument that takes a great deal of skill and patience, but a i said, if you really do like it, go for it. ;D

its more than just "oh isn't that <insert name> kid good at the piano"
it doesnt happen overnight.

Of course, you'd have to practise every day, or at the very least more then four times a week. But it sure is a pity when you're forced to play, you'll naturally want to practise less.

And, oddly enough, it happened overnight with me. I learnt some very small simple things in a day. 'the entertainer' for example. But yeah, that's basic, kiddy stuff, so to speak...

'Bernard, do you think I should wash my beard?'
- 'Yes Manny, I think you should wash your beard, and shave it off, staple it to a frisbee, and fling it over a rainbow.'

Me : Pulp Fiction? Please, this amount of blood, can best be compared with 'showdown at the house of blue leaves' in Kill Bill 1.
T-002 : Sweet Charles Dickens, that much? It was a man, you know, not a 15-gallon barrel of blood...
Ineluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 15:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus

why not go for something unusual, like a Theremin
Old 08 Oct 2007, 15:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

...like a what?

Actually, the piano is rather uncommon around my parts. I think I'm gonna go with that. Anyway, thanks for your time, guys!

Quote:
[quote=Ineluki]
Old 08 Oct 2007, 20:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin