Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Zeitgeist
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to NileChild
Default Zeitgeist

So it's less than 1 month before the release of the first Smashing Pumpkins album in over 6 years, and I know I'm freaking excited being a pumpkinhead and all, growing up on that stuff. Anyone else excited about this junk? They already have two fo the songs for download on Itunes- "Tarantuala" which is a really great song in my opinion it kinda mixes a lot of the stuff from Siamease Dream and the darker side of Machina. And "Doomsday Clock" is also a mix of similar stuff, a little darker and not as good as Tarantuala but still great cause it's the pumpkins. I really wish their fall tour was coming closer to my town, I really do.

Now if you have never heard of the Smashing Pumpkins before, tsk tsk for shame, go out and get at all fo these in this order, or at least one:
1.Mellon Collie and the infinite sadness
2.Siamease Dream
3.Gish
4.Machina
5.Adore

Hooray for the return of the best Alternative rock band ever.

NileChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2007, 19:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Zeitgeist

Wow no love for the Smashing Pumpkins from 40k players, how sad, just... how sad....

Old 09 Jul 2007, 14:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

It is a tad upbeat than what you'd expect from the Smashing Pumpkins, but it still has the same feel as their other albums. Also, I think it's ridiculous that there's 4 different versions in the US alone. (not sure how many in the UK, I know there's at least 2 in Australia.) Only the Pumpkins could get away with a stunt like that. I have Come On, That's The Way, Starz, Bleeding the Orchid, Doomsday Clock, and Tarantula on my iPod. I really like Tarantula and Come On.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
compubrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 23:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

4 versions? say what? I haven't been able to go out and get it yet because of lack of funds and time, but when my next paycheck comes you bet I'm grabbing that thing. So it will definitely be refreshing to here a whole new album of pumpkins songs since it has been a while since I downloaded machina 2 for free.

Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Starz actually isn't all that great of a song. I replaced it with 7 Shades of Black.

There's the iTunes version, the Target version, the Wal*Mart version, and the regular version.

The first three all have a track unique to their version. So if you want them all, you have to buy 3 albums...

Old 18 Jul 2007, 23:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ah forget extra songs, I'll be happy with the regular one. And you're right the Pumpkins are the only ones who can pull off 4 different versions of an album.

Old 19 Jul 2007, 00:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

From what I hear Stellar on the iTunes version is pretty good. Of course, DRM can be a hassle when backing up your songs that didn't start out on a disk.