Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blink 182
Old 15 Jun 2007, 03:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Blink 182

dude when I was younger like in the late 90's I loved this band, they were huge, then I got into classic rock and never looked back. Blink 182 is sweet. The late 90's stuff is awesome, I never thought I'd listen to them again. I found the CD's lying around. I popped it in and I was like, sweet. Then I looked at all the new stuff that they produced and it just wasn't the same. They changed...alot. They used to not give a #@$% about anything and that is when they were the best. They were like the traditional punk but with a whole lot of new stuff. Now they changed to the new ways, they were different from anything else before.

"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it."
-Sun Tzu
ZOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor
Default Re: Blink 182

I'm gonna attempt to not get myself banned while still giving people a good idea of my feelings on them.

I find it appalling how much people seem to love them. All they did was take punk, destroy anything meaningful connected to it, and add an equal mix of balless teen angst and toilet humour. They're attempts at politics and social commentary were either tired retreads of "zomg! teh c0nf0rmist r quashing my freedumb!" or
disposable anti-bush ballads(Or was that sum41? or maybe [insert any pop punk band here?] Sav'Y'xauk if I know). :P
[size=3pt]read the bold smarty pants[/size]
Yes, someones probably gonna call me a stupid fanboy who should loosen up and stop taking things so seriously or any other number of things, or someones gonna say "but Raptorjesus, thats the whole point, they;re supposed to be stupid, annoying, and puerile." Which I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't make millions of dollars off being retards and spawning thousands of Travis Barker fanboys who think he's the best drummer ever. Yes, you can call me close minded or elitist, or get it into your head that I only like one band and I'm a stupid Neanderthal caught up in the tides of anti-fashion yadda yadda yadda. Quite frankly, I don't care.
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
TheEmperorsJanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I'd tell you what I think about Blink182 if I didn't already get smited on the music boards.

But for purposes of weight of number, I agree with RaptorJesus, possibly more strongly.

And no just Blink182, all politically oriented Rock is BS.

U2? Greenday? System of a Down? Rage against the Machines!?

The so called oh so edgy political commentary offered by Rock is just so tame and superficial. Trying to blow complex issues down to a single line repeated 20 times so that your average teenager can think he's relevant.

this is politically oriented rock lyrics:

"Killing in the name of!
Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses
Huh!

Killing in the name of!
Killing in the name of

And now you do what they told ya
But now you do what they told ya
Well now you do what they told ya..."

And it just keeps ON GOING ON LIKE THAT Well, I know I won't need to read any Noam Chomsky after that enlightening ballad. Thank you Zack de la Rocha, now I know full well the hard life and oppression you must have suffered growing up in the suburbs of Irvine California.

The only politically oriented rock band I like are The Decemberists, and that's more because I just like their music

Because song lyrics are so restricted and vague, it's actually pretty hard for any song to be really political without appearing ignorant.

The closest lyrics I can find that is actually politically influenced or oriented are actually hip hop lyrics:

"You see, most of Latinos are here because of the great inflation that was caused by American companies in Latin America. Aside from that, many are seeking a life away from the puppet democracies that were funded by the United States; places like El Salvador, Guatemala, Peru, Columbia, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Republica Dominicana, and not just Spanish-speaking countries either, but Haiti and Jamaica as well.

As different as we have been taught to look at each other by colonial society, we are in the same struggle and until we realize that, we'll be fighting for scraps from the table of a system that has kept us subservient instead of being self-determined. And that's why we have no control over when the embargo will stop in Cuba, or when the bombs will stop dropping in Vieques."
---- excerpts from Poverty of Philosophy

"Weapon contracts and corrupted American dreams
Media censorship, blocking out the video screens
A continent of oil kingdoms, bought for a bargain
Democracy is just a word, when the people are starvin'
The average citizen, made to be, blind to the reason
A desert full of genocide, where the bodies are freezin'
And the world doesn't believe that you fightin' for freedom
Cause you ****ed the Middle East, and gave birth to a demon
It's open season with the CIA, bugging my crib
Trapped in a ghetto region like a Palestinian kid
Where nobody gives a **** whether you die or you live"
---- excerpts from The 4th Branch

"Prisoners of war in their own damn country,
What for?
Time passed in the prison town,
He wondered if he'd live it down if and when they were free,
The only way out was joinin' the army,
And supposedly, some men went out for the army - signed on,
And ended up flyin' to Japan with a bomb,
That 15 kiloton blast put an end to the war pretty fast,
Two cities were blown to bits; the end of the war came quick,
Ken got out, big hopes of a normal life with his kids and his wife,
But, when they got back to their home,
And what they saw made them feel so alone,
These people had trashed every room,
Smashed in the windows and bashed in the doors,
Written on the walls and the floor,
"Japs not welcome anymore."
And Kenji dropped both of his bags at his sides and just stood outside,
He looked at his wife without words to say,
She looked back at him, wiping the tears away,
And said "Someday we'll be okay, someday,"
Now the names have been changed, but the story's true,
My family was locked up back in '42,
My family was there where it was dark and damp,
And they called it an internment camp"
---excerpts from Kenji.

(Yeah I know, meaningful hip hop lyrics? get out! :)

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:14   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

As my religion is Heavy Metal, it is my right to say they are a bunch of ****ing losers.

I believe it was Raptorjesus who said that any band with a number in its name does this to show their collective IQ. Well, unless there are ten members of the band, that theory is overly generous.

Blink 182's music is bland, generic, and utterly crap. In short, it is exactly what you expect from a bunch of ball-less little retards who sold out that tiny grain of talent they had the moment someone offered them a fiver. They should be bound upon the breaking wheel, and strung high as a lesson to all that "dance" along to their "music". Oh, and no pussy little mercy strike either; the howles of pain and mysery they make as they slowly die of exposure, birds consuming their still-living flesh, bound by their shattered limbs high atop a poll, will sound far better than any shitty song they ever wrote.

Seriously, the world would be so much better if they removed every genre except Classical and the real Metal genres. For one thing, these poser freaks would never be allowed to touch an instrument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 09:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't like them... they have nothing in their music... I find that it's just "moneymaking-mtv-stupid-pop" :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Seriously, the world would be so much better if they removed every genre except Classical and the real Metal genres. For one thing, these poser freaks would never be allowed to touch an instrument.
You're exaggerating here... I'm a huge metal fan, I love classical music, but I think that there is a lot of good non-metal and non-classical music in the world
Old 15 Jun 2007, 09:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Wargamer exaggerating?

Well colour me shocked

Old 15 Jun 2007, 09:57   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Dude, the only reason I allow Classical is the cultural value. I seriously would like to see all non-Metal Genres (and this includes Nu-Metal, and other poser groups) to be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

When any band tries to be serious and takes a dip into the shit pool known as "politics", it has a nasty result fairly similar to the real life effect of diving into a shit pool: all your friends end up getting sprayed with your cannonball, and you end up stinking when you come out of the water, too. Everyone ends up getting pissed off and someone inevitably ends up getting their ass kicked...it's just not fun.

I try to avoid political rock like the plague now, I don't even listen to RAtM and SoaD anymore, and Green Day and other bands have been similarly ruined for me because of it. And I might as well never buy another punk album again. This pretty much limits me to materialistic rap and hip hop, or "emo"...ugh.

And personally Wargamer, I'd hate to think how ****ing boring the world would be if the only "music" you could listen to was:

"RAAAHHH RAAAHHH RAAAAGHHHH! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
deep, gutteral "rooooooooooohhhhhhhh"
(annoying screeching and shrieking noises that might be coming from instruments)
RAAAAAAAAAGH!
(guitar solo? can't tell because of the POINTLESS NOISE)"

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
"RAAAHHH RAAAHHH RAAAAGHHHH! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
deep, gutteral "rooooooooooohhhhhhhh"
(annoying screeching and shrieking noises that might be coming from instruments)
RAAAAAAAAAGH!
(guitar solo? can't tell because of the POINTLESS NOISE)"

I was waiting for somebody else to say that so I didn't have to.

Meanwhile, let's check out the latest word tally from the Dragonforce album.

http://www.cracked.com/img/articles/bands/chart.jpg

Quote:
Even with all the references to battles of steel and the burning of fire and flames, it's still pretty impressive that DragonForce was able to use the word "pain" an incredible 26 times in only eight songs (and that doesn't even count how many times it's repeated in the chorus). After listening to the lead singer's voice and watching their videos, it's most surprising that the word "pussy" doesn't appear once. That word was apparently not included with the Dungeons and Dragons magnetic poetry set the band used to write their lyrics.

-Fixed your tabs.
Wargamer

Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Ha ha, I actually like Dragonforce at that. ;D

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote