Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your 3 favorite(and least favorite)rockstars(not bands)
Old 10 Mar 2007, 19:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor
Default Your 3 favorite(and least favorite)rockstars(not bands)

I know i have a reputation for starting threads about slagging off bands, so I decided to make a balanced thread. Post your three favorite rock stars and then your three least favorite rock stars with explanations of why you chose them, pictures are optional.

My Three Favorites

Jim Morrison

Great singer, Great Songwriter, Debauched hippie, and personification of rock n roll itself, only two people have ever come anywhere close to his level of excellence, and they are..

Iggy Pop

Rolling in glass, Running on top of the crowd, jamming a microphone down his pants, rubbing himself in steak and peanut butter, taking every drug imaginable, and still going strong after 30 years, this man is just plain amazing.

and

Glenn Danzig

His hair has been ripped off almost as much as Jim morrisons, but none of the so-called "Edgy" rockers of today can ever hope to become anything more than a pale imitation of his singing, songwriting, and performing style. Compare "Spinal Remains" To "Miss Murder" and tell me those limp wristed Fa'ta'kn'era from AFI are better than him.

My 3 Least Favorites

Kurt Colbain

Suicide is pathetic and wasteful, and being a stoner doesn't make you a rock star. The only difference between grunge and emo is a 5% increase in ball size(although, this is probably due to the fact that grunge bands don't wear those ultra-tight nut crushing jeans).

Elvis

Rebel my D'yi, he joins the army, offers to help catch commies, and supports Richard Nixon, what kind of rebellion is that? Rock'N'Roll was already popular before him anyway, he was just a pretty face for Tiger beat to put on the cover.

Billy Joe

YOU. ARE. NOT. A. PUNK!!!
You never were a punk, you never will be a punk, and you aren't a badass rockstar. You, my friend, are a walking advertisement for whatever new energy drink or skateboard brand is sponsoring your arena tours. Making fun of the president in the 21st century is not the same as going after the queen in the 70's, sorry guys, but your lame attempts at edginess have fallen flat.

I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
TheEmperorsJanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2007, 20:52   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Your 3 favorite(and least favorite)rockstars

oohhh....

Mines a tad obvious...

FAVOURITES:

Tarja Turunen: I love this womans voice. I love it to bits. It's just like... wow! Theres a huge variety of sound, from kinslayer to slayer the dreamer, wish i had an angel and nemo. Ive faled to find a female singer that i like to listen to as much as her. Christina scabbia (lacuna coil) comes close, but she lacks consistancy. People have suggested amy lee. I ended up swallowing my own vomit. Unfortunatley i only like her as part of nightwish, her solo stuff isn't too grand. (am i sounding like a broken record yet? ;D )

Bruce Dickenson: Like tarja, but with a load of ooomff behind him. Again it's the variety that i like - you can have the older faster bruce from the eighties, or the more modern and probably heavier brucey of the second coming of the beast. Whilst i may be slightly swayed by tarjas looks, she goes against it because of a large "you-need-me-in-this-band!" ego. That basically means that bruce is all about the voice. Oh and stage presence. That also helps. oh and hes British.

third? probably harris as if i remember correctly he's responsib;e for some of maidens best lyrics. hes also a pretty decent bassist. or failing that neil peart, just because he rocks!

DISLIKES:

Bon jovi. Name me one other person that has screwed with the image of rock music as much as this guy. He's just simply turned rock music and the image of the 1980s heavy metal bands and turned it into a fluffy, poncy pop manufactured pile of gloop.

Amy lee: if i ever hear another emo mention this woman again, and how gothic and talented she is - im going to find a good length of rope and the nearest bridge. She is basically doing what nu'metal did to heavy metal, to bands such as nightwish and lacuna coil: making it a generic factory lined farce.

Fred dunst: I don't really think i need to say anything do I?

Oh and i'd like to put Tarja's husband up on ht list. He's her manager, so he counts. He changed her. All of the members of nightwish agreed. Changed her from the nice lass that was part of the band. To someone with a disjointed ego and the belief that the rest of nightwisg where just there for her.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2007, 01:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Your 3 favorite(and least favorite)rockstars(not bands)

Favorites: Jerry Cantrell, Sweet guitarist who can sing. From my state.

Dimebag Darrell, need I say anything? Also from Baja Oklahoma.

Zakk Wylde, Awesome man, played under Ozzie

Dislikes: Fred Durst, I don't like you.

Phil Anselmo, You're a dick. I blame the band's breakup on you.

Tyson Whatever, Despite being from my town, I hate your ass.
You should've stuck to bass, because you sure as hell can't sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2007, 08:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Ronnie James DIo, Ozzy wanted Black Saboth to open for him. Dio said no since Sabath made Ozzy. His voice is pure metal.

Randy Roads, He made Queit riot, His rifts kick Ass.

That guy, the Guitarist from Alcatrazz whose name is impossible to spell,l He mage thrash metal.

Well I don't like:

Marlin Manson, He became a saintanist so he could sell more cd's,nice.

Axel Rose, He has been making an Album for 15 years. At least just stop taking money from those stupid enought to produce it.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 08:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

YES! Another Dio fan...

Ronnie James Dio. I own "Holy Diver", and it is one of the most solidly awesome albums I own. The lyrics are amazing, and his voice raises them to godliness. Heres a link to "Don't talk to strangers". Yes, he's still rocking WELL unlike Ozzy... who seems to have lost it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwX8yF8k0ls

Cliff Burton. Its a strange thing. I love all Metallica while he's alive, and after he dies... it sucks. Maybe I havn't looked hard enough, and I'm going to go after the Black album.

Rob Halford. My god. This guy is Judas Priest. He is Metal. BREAKING THE LAW! GRINDER! UNITED WE STAND! Somehow he made that last song work... and no one else could possibly do that.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2007, 23:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Favorites:

Trent Reznor
Come on, in the studio, he records every instrument. He essentially is Nine Inch Nails when they're not on tour, and when they are on tour, he sings and plays a little bit of everything, choosing a live band of friends and colleagues (read: other famous musicians) to fill in the rest of the parts. He's a musical genuis, plus he has a hand in everything related to his band, from music videos to lighting design for his live shows.

David Draiman
Frontman for Disturbed, David Draiman can switch off between the voice of an angel and the growling of a demon. Plus he's got those awesome hooked piercings on his face. He's basically the coolest bald guy ever.

James Hetfield
Frontman for Metallica, James gets oodles of my respect because he went to rehab. As un-rockstar-like as this may be, I give him props for doing everything he needed to, including leaving Metallica for a year, to save his family.

Honorable mention goes to Layne Staley; may he rest in peace.

Least favorites:

Lars Ulrich
Drummer for Metallica, and definately the least talented of the bunch. Come on, Lars, you have a huge drum set! Why do you only use the snare and a single cymbal for fills?!?!? Besides which, he has little man syndrome: He's short and ugly, but he has the attitude of a giant. It doesn't suit him. And someone should tell him that black boxers, boots, and black socks are not fashionable in any sense of the word, no matter how hot you get playing your two drums.

Kurt Cobain
Come on. He can't sing, his lyrics are ridiculous, and his guitar lines are intensely weak. They're all the same! "Rape Me" is the exact same riff as "Smells Like Teen Spirit" only backwards. Exactly the same. And no one else seems to notice this! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here! In essence, my feelings about Kurt (and Nirvana) can be summed up quite simply:
Kurt Cobain is my hero, because he killed Kurt Cobain, who killed music.

[b]Billy Corgan[b]
Frontman for The Smashing Pumpkins... This man's voice makes me want to find something beautiful and completely destroy it. Seriously, it's like someone raping my ear with a power drill. (I'm probably going to take a lot of flak for this one, but so be it.)
SmellTheAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 04:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Favorites:

Ralph Walter PattersonIII: really awsome drummer of Aftershocker (plus hes my brother)

Dave Marchand: one of the best guitar players in california! (plus hes my brother's friend)

Josh Rau: the guts of Aftershocker. you know someone has talent when you fit a saxophone and an accordian into a rock band and make it work. thats right, an accordian.

least favorites:

Cladio Sanchez: Lead singer of Coheed and Cambria. He sucks. Emo as hell, and it souds like he has no balls. a man's voice shouldn't be able to go that high. also, I have a nagging suspicion that his hairs gonna eat me! :shifty:

I have a very hard time picturing Aun'va rocking out to "Our God Is An Awesome God".
-Raptor Jesus

Ninja Fish Robots, Flesh-Eating Space Chickens, AND Supersonic Cockroaches??? W00t!!! (^ ^)
-Damian

I like me

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature spread the word!

if you think you've had too much to drink, you're obviously to coherent to have had too much to drink When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!
rattythepuppet is offline   Reply With Quote