Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Trance/Techno Music
Closed Thread
Old 10 Sep 2006, 14:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Trance/Techno Music

I would like to take this opportunity to tell something about my favourite music. I mostly listen to Trance & Techno music. But I also favour other streams of music.

[hr]

Trance is a style of electronic dance music that developed in the 1990s. Trance music is generally characterized by a tempo of between 130 and 160 Beats per minute (bpm), featuring repeating melodic synthesizer phrases, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track. Sometimes vocals are also utilised. The style is arguably derived from a combination of largely techno and house. 'Trance' received its name from the repetitious morphing beats, and the throbbing melodies which would presumably put the listener into a trance-like state. As this music is almost always played in nightclubs at popular vacation spots and in inner cities, trance can be understood as a form of club music. By the mid-1990s, trance, specifically progressive trance, had emerged commercially as one of the dominant genres of dance music. Artists like Paul van Dyk (Germany), TiŽsto, Ferry Corsten, and Armin van Buuren (All from Holland) came to the forefront as premier producers and remixers, bringing with them the emotional, "epic" feel of the style. Many of these producers also DJ'd in clubs playing their own productions as well as those by other trance DJs.

[hr]

Techno is a form of electronic dance music that became prominent in Detroit, Michigan during the mid-1980s with influences from electro, New Wave, Funk and futuristic fiction themes that were prevalent and relative to modern culture during the end of the Cold War in industrial America at that time. Following the initial success of Detroit Techno as a musical culture and expanded and related subset of genres in the 1990s emerged globally. The term "techno", which derives from "technology", is often informally applied to all forms of electronic dance music. However, people should generally be more selective in their use of the term, being careful not to conflate it with related but distinct genres (i.e. house, trance), or with one of techno's many subgenres. The "originators", the "first wave" artists often credited with inventing techno, are as follows: Juan Atkins, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson. Other Techno DJís are: Sven Všth (Germany), Carl Cox (UK), Jeff Mills (US), Richie Hawtin (UK) and Michel de Hey(Holland)

[hr]

My favourite DJís are: Ferry Corsten, TiŽsto, Armin van Buuren, Michel de Hey and Paul van Dyk.

Ferry Corsten: is a Dutch trance producer, DJ and remixer, and was one of the pioneers in the genre. He was born December 4, 1973 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. He did a remix called: Ferry Corsten & Ramin Djawadi - Prison Break Theme (Ferry Corsten's Breakout Mix) (TV serie). Latest album is the L.E.F. album. He stands at the 5th place in the DJ top 100. Ferry is my favourite DJ and producer. His sound is the best there is.

TiŽsto: real name Tijs Verwest, from Breda, the Netherlands. TiŽsto is one of the world's leading trance DJs. Although he has used many aliases in the past, he is best known for his work as TiŽsto. Tijs will be permanently attached to his TiŽsto alias, an Italian twist of his childhood nickname, and this acclaimed remix that brought him into the strata of world-renowned DJs. Tijs was the first DJ to hold DJ Magazine's 'No. 1. DJ in the World' title for the three consecutive years, in 2002, 2003 and 2004. Tijs also played at the 2004 Summer Olympics opening ceremony in Athens Greece, witnessed by an estimated two to four billion viewers around the world, another first for any DJ of any style or time period. Latest singles are: He's a Pirate (Remix) and Dance4Life (feat. Maxi Jazz). Currently the number 2 DJ of the world.

Armin van Buuren: A world renowned trance music DJ and producer hailing from Leiden, the Netherlands. He has a very well known weekly radio show called a State of Trance. Armin is placed third in the DJ top 100.

Michel de Hey: A well know Techno DJ and producer also from Holland. He has his own weekly radio show called Hey-Tec. Placed 62 at the DJ top 100.

Paul van Dyk: DJ and producer Paul van Dyk from Germany is the # 1 DJ in the World.

(1000th post!)
Old 11 Sep 2006, 02:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Trance/Techno Music

Congratulations on your most excellent 1000th post! *Karma'd*

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 11 Sep 2006, 09:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the Congrats and my 10th Karma point.

It seems that I have 1+ Karma point per 100 posts, not bad, not bad at all.

[hr]

I also would like to take the opportunity to say that the voting is up to vote for the 2006 DJ top 100.

http://www.djmag.com/top100

Click on the button and fill in your 5 best DJ's and give them points.

My vote went as following to:

Ferry Corsten 5 points
Tiesto 4 points
Armin van Buuren 3 points
Michel de Hey 2 points
Paul van Dyk 1 point

Here are the results from 2005:
http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

(If this is some sort of advertising, then I'm sorry and please edit my post accordingly.)

Old 11 Sep 2006, 15:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

That's all good, I'm gonna say it's relevant topical material and let you pass get, get your $200 and not go to jail....

I can't remember mine, I put it in like a month ago....

I think it was Ferry at the top, plus some local DJ's...Stanton Warriors were in there...and Paul Mac...can't remember how I ranked it.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Closed Thread