Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dark Tranquility
Closed Thread
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Dark Tranquility

What's the go with this band? They're playing at work soon and if I'm going to be manning their crash barrier all night, I'd like to know exactly what I'm in for and if they're badarse or not?

Atreyu, Lamb of God and KSE are coming up soon at work as well...but I know all about them. Dark Tranquility I haven't heard before but I gather they're a metal band from the flier :P

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton
Default Re: Dark Tranquility

Argh! Dark Tranquility is a Swedish metal band.
They are reknown here in Scandinavia, and are worth cheering for.
I envy you your job. :P I want to be there too. They rock!
Lamb of God is also good. Anti-christian metal with cds named Burn the Priest and
Agents of Satan.
Don't know much of those others though.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Dark Tranquillity are on of the forerunners of what is now called Göteburg Metal (Gothenburg Metal) or Melodic Death Metal along with their "twin" In Flames and At The Gates.

An excellent band.......but to be honest their live qualitys tend to vary. I saw them three times so far. one time they were really awsome, one time rather good, and the third time they really suc...oh well, so swearing......

tough all their albums are really excellent, not every song is working on stage.......

but if you haven´t seen them i´d reccomend you to go
And the old one stood there grinning
"Poor fool, who never had seen that a warrior shall fight against warrior
You'll never win if you're only looking ahead and never inwards"
Suddenly the old one was gone
And the wind carried away the boat
Old 16 Aug 2006, 14:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak Fool
but if you haven´t seen them i´d reccomend you to go
I'll be paid to handle stage-crashers and help people out of the mosh pit (weedy people sneak forward and, when moshing breaks out, can't squeeze out of the barrier and so need to be lifted up). Not one person made it past me during the Opeth gig I last worked at...and I can honestly say that working there was the greatest experience of my career.

It's not often people like their security at clubs...but I know all the metallers of my club and they're always front of the pit with me rocking out and catching crashers (you have to time catching a crowd-surfer right, or just struggle with them for a bit of a laugh as you try to push them back in). It's all in good fun...and while most guards and bouncers hate working metal gigs, but they are by far the most fun I've EVER had working. If there were only concerts to work at, I'd do only that. Certain major events draft extra security for them, so if you're a mosher anyway (like me :P), then chances are you'd be great at working at a big gig...might not get to be on crash barrier (I've done it 4 years to get there), but you'll certainly enjoy it and, if you work at the club regularly, still get people coming up to you and talking about it and future gigs for ages.

Dark Tranquility though sounds badarse...In Flames is not bad...and At the Gates is badarse. Lamb of God I'm not that fussed about...they're my little sister's big band of the moment...and I take every chance I can to rub in that I'm working at their concert...so I guess I'll be stealing some picks and sticks as ever and giving them to her. I can't help ganking merch

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Closed Thread