Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Welcome to our Music Forum! (Announcements)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Welcome to our Music Forum! (Announcements)

Hey guys!!!

First of all, I just want to say how excited I am. This is only made possible through TauOnline saying "yes", so a big round of applause (yay! yay!). I'm so glad that we have such a great community of members as well so that we have enough demand for my first passion in life. It is my hope that here we'll all be able to learn about each other's music tastes, discuss pros and cons of music, as well as talk about the culture that surrounds it and us because of our involvement.

Don't forget to read the stickies, and, without further ado - get posting!

Rock on! :rockon: (or however else you strange people like to dance )

- The artist formerly known as Phage

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 12 Jun 2006, 04:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default With regards to the competition on my name....

Congratulations go to The Guv (for guessing it first), Spirit of The All-father for elaborating, as well as Black Behemoth and Generalissimo Stankov for PM'ing me the answer! (I threw up the challenge for people to guess the popular/musical culture reference in my new chnage of name - each one of those guys got +1 karma!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Prince (born Prince Rogers Nelson on June 7, 1958), known as (see the unpronouncable symbol here) (or, The Artist Formerly Known As Prince) from 1993 to 2000, is a popular and influential American musician. His music has spanned myriad styles including funk, pop, rock, R&B, soul, and hip-hop, and he is widely regarded as a musical genius and the definition of the “Minneapolis sound.”
Essentially, once Prince changed his name to an unpronouncable symbol (in 1993), everyone was all like; "Well what the hell do we call him now?" So, they began to call him The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. He changed his name back in 2000, so yes, he is now simply known as Prince once more. I'll be doing an article later (when I have time basically) as to why Prince, even if you didn't like him, was such an influential artist.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 06 Sep 2006, 02:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default We rock

We're a fully fledged board! I'd like to thank the governemnt, the press, the communists and the oompa loompas.

...but most especially you guys for making the board a success! Nice one everyone!!

Old 06 Sep 2006, 02:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: With regards to the competition on my name....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known As Phage
I'll be doing an article later (when I have time basically) as to why Prince, even if you didn't like him, was such an influential artist.
I look forward to this. What I like most about him is that such a weedy little guy that would get himself bashed half to death in most places grew into such a respected and rich musician. Just goes to show what some people can do with a little bit of dedication, luck and talent. I wasn't always Paladin Bash either

And huzzah to us all for getting our own board

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 06 Sep 2006, 07:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Welcome to our Music Forum! (Announcements)

Oh yeah, we were all wrong about Prince! I found out in my Copright & Legal course, as part of my Technical Diploma of Music, that Prince changed his name to get out of a contract that had him signed for 5 albums on a label he didn't like, nor wished to be associated with anymore. When he changed his name, the contracts no longer applied to him!

...you can keep the karma though.

Closed Thread