Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Favourite vocalists, drummers, keyboards and bass...
Old 08 Jun 2006, 11:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Favourite vocalists, drummers, keyboards and bass...

Hello everyone.

Here on The Enclave we have the "Favourite guitarist" thread, so I thought that we should discuss about other instrument's players and vocalists too.

Male vocalists: Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), Simen "Vortex" Hestnęs (Arcturus, Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar), Chuck Schuldiner (Death), Freddie Mercury (Queen), Varg Vikernes (Burzum), David Gahan (Depeche Mode), Robert John Arthur Halford (Judas Priest)...
Female vocalists: Tarja Turunen (Nightwish), Sarah Jezebel Deva (Cradle Of Filth, Covenant, Therion, Mortiis, and other bands), Angela Nathalie Gossow (Arch Enemy)...
Drummers: George Kollias (Nile, Nightfall), Zbigniew Robert Prominski "Inferno" (Behemoth, Azarath, Witchmaster), Kjetil Vidar Haraldstad "Frost" (Satyricon, 1349, and other bands), Jan Axel von Blomberg "Hellhammer" (Mayhem, Arcturus, Kovenant, and other bands), Nicholas Howard Barker (ex-Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, and other bands), Kuba Kogut (ex-Sceptic, Atrophia Red Sun), Richard Christy (Death, and others)...
Keyboards: Oyvind Johan Mustaparta "Mustis" (Dimmu Borgir), Janne Warman (Children Of Bodom)...
Bass: Clifford Lee Burton (Metallica), Scott Clendenin (Death, and others), Tomasz Wrņblewski "Orion" (Behemoth)...

There are obviusly other great vocalists,drummers, keyboard and bass players,I can't know or remember all of them, maybe I'll add someone later. What are your favourites?
Old 08 Jun 2006, 11:46   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Re: Favourite vocalists, drummers, keyboards and bass...

Singers: I love the guy from Kamelot, not sure of his name. Also like the afformentioned Mister Bruce Dickenson and my a couple of my mates from local bands, who I think have very unique and bloody good voices.

Bassists: Mike B The Flea, the dude from Iron Maiden, and I quite like the fella who plays the bassline for Reel Big Fish: Story Of My Life.

Drummers: Chad Smith (cuz he once played a 308 piece kit), anyone who has ever drummed for Dragonforce, the guy from ManOwar for wreckong a ton of kits, and dave grohl...not so much as a drummer, but as a personality he is like, top notch.

Keyboardists? Vadim. The first and last word, man

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Kangaroo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2006, 15:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vocalists: Layne Stayley and Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains), John Kosco (Dropbox), Brett Scallions (Fuel), Shaun Morgan (Seether), Dave Mustaine (Megadeth), Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Piolits/Velvet Revolver), Warrel Dane (Nevermore/Sanctuary), Maynard James Keenan (Tool/A Perfect Circle), Brent Smith (Shinedown), J. Loren (Hurt) and Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees)

Bassists: Dave Murray (Iron Maiden), Mike Inez and Mike Starr (Alice in Chains at different times), Zakk Wylde (Does all the bass lines of the Black label Society records)

Drummer: Jaska Raatikainen (Children of Bodom), Jimmy DeGrasso (Megadeth, has an amazing kit)

Keyboardist: Janne Warman (Children Of Bodom)

as you can see, I am very vocalist oriented as I do not drum, play keyboard or bass, but I sing and play guitar. I can however, detect talent when it is present.

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2006, 20:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vocalists: Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin), Freddie Mercury (Queen), Alice Cooper (Alice Cooper :P), Roger Daltry (The Who), Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Thom Yorke (Radiohead), Tom Petty (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), Axl Rose (Guns N Roses), Phil Lynott (This Lizzy)

Bassists: The flea (RHCP), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin), John Entwhistle (The Who), Duff (Guns N Roses)

Drummer: John Bonham (Led Zeppelin), The greatest drummer of all time Kieth Moon (The Who), Roger Taylor (Queen)

Keyboardist: John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin), Rick Wright (Pink Floyd)
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Tim the Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2006, 00:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vocalists:Jimmy from MSI, Maynard from Tool/Perfect Circle

Bassist:Gotta be Les Claypool from Primus.

Drummer:Haven't really ever had a favorite.

Keyboardist:The one that was with NIN during the late 90's
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2006, 01:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vocalists: Drew Speziale, Kathy Coppola (Circle Takes The Square) they're a duet, they complement eachother perfectly..
Guitarist: Thomas Erak (Thirty Year War, Fall Of Troy)
Bassist: Mike Watt (Minutemen)
Keyboardist: Andrew McMahon (Jacks Mannequin, Something Corporate)
Drummer: Blake Richardson (Between The Buried and Me, Glass Casket)
Misfitspunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2006, 01:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmmm....

Vocalists: Neil Young, Ted Nugent, James Hetfield, Ronnie van Zant [#1!]{Lynyrd Skynyrd}

Drummers: Artemis Pyle [Lynyrd Skynyrd]

Keyboardists: Eddie Van Halen. None better.

Bass: YTimK [Rage Against The Machine] has an excellent intro in Bombtrack, and I love the jazzy, funky, yet harcore beats he can throw down. Definately number one.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2006, 04:56   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Vocalists: Bruce Dickinson, Robert Plant, Sahaj (Ra)

Drummers: John Bonham, Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Rick Allen (Def Leppard)

Keyboards: John Paul Jones.

Bass: Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck & Solo) Fething awesome. There's no one else like him.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2006, 11:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Update
bassist: John Francis Pastorius III, as known as Jaco Pastorius
Old 09 Jun 2006, 13:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the All-father
Bass: Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck & Solo) Fething awesome. There's no one else like him.
^AWESOME

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote