Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

TauOnline World 2 [OOC]
Old 05 Mar 2010, 13:08   #101 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: TauOnline World 2 [OOC]

Hmm,

If Rav has better tech and more men. Then I made some pretty awful faction choices. I thought economy and production would be a bit more important, but I was wrong :P To be honest, If Rav has more men in one army than I have in my entire standing army then I am pretty damn ****ed. Without even thinking about the number of troops Novae has.

sorta related, How do reserve armies work? I mean can I actually use them? because at the moment I am only using 20% of the forces I could.

Also How exactly can you tell where people's armies are, and how big they are? I made my army up in minute detail so that you can easily tell how many men there are, what weapons they have etc. but I don't see anyone else doing that, or have i completely missed the point of the military making?
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 16:58   #102 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonga Khan
If Rav has better tech and more men. Then I made some pretty awful faction choices. I thought economy and production would be a bit more important, but I was wrong :P
It's more important in the long run. You can outproduce and outlast him in a long war.

Now, him and Novae combined, probably not. Your economy would allow you to outlast them if you can hold out long enough, but I expect that will be difficult.

Also, he may have higher tech, but it makes his stuff more expensive and can complicate his supply lines if he overuses it.

Quote:
To be honest, If Rav has more men in one army than I have in my entire standing army then I am pretty damn ****ed. Without even thinking about the number of troops Novae has.
He doesn't. He deployed a force of 2 million men to attack, which my my reckoning should be two army groups using the 'standard' force org.

Your armies are quite large, by the way.

Quote:
sorta related, How do reserve armies work? I mean can I actually use them? because at the moment I am only using 20% of the forces I could.
You have to mobilize your economy for war. They'll become available about a week afterwards.

Since you're already at war with two other factions I assume you would be at a war footing, but that's up to you.
Quote:
Also How exactly can you tell where people's armies are, and how big they are? I made my army up in minute detail so that you can easily tell how many men there are, what weapons they have etc. but I don't see anyone else doing that, or have i completely missed the point of the military making?
You have a point there, Rav and Novae should have told me where their stuff was coming from. You may have a chance to counter-attack Rav before he reaches the hive, in that case. Sorry about that.

Rav's not organizing the military himself, mind, so he just has a "standard" force org for his infantry that doesn't excel at anything in particular. No bonuses to his support capabilities for having unusually concentrated amounts of it, in other words.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 18:00   #103 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Just so everybody knows; Aun and I are dropping out.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 18:06   #104 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

Oh well, too bad I never got the chance to initiate my plans of corporate espionage. :C

Great, now I need a new victim! >_<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 18:36   #105 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Open question for the moderator - does this mean there's a pile of hive complexes ripe for the looting, or do they retroactively vanish?

Also - the army group that should be at Asephor by now was moving along the underground rail-links from the central clusters.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2010, 00:19   #106 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Open question for the moderator - does this mean there's a pile of hive complexes ripe for the looting, or do they retroactively vanish?
It means they're NPCs now. Unless somebody can come up with a good reason why they'd just suddenly collapse without warning, anyway. :P
Quote:
Also - the army group that should be at Asephor by now was moving along the underground rail-links from the central clusters.
Okay.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2010, 02:11   #107 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

I destroy them? :P

Or, failing that, my MASTAR PLANE causes them to destroy eachother in endless war!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2010, 02:21   #108 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Master Plane?

Can I have a Plane too? Still waiting on your response to my diplomat.

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2010, 03:40   #109 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
In which case I too will leave, Wanted to post this a few days ago, always had stuff due tomorrow. Weekend now, procrastination possible. So, good luck. Sorry I couldnt stick around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2010, 04:06   #110 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh, WTFS. Four people down?

Way to **** with everyone who put hours of effort into this.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote