Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

TauOnline World 2 [Story]
Old 22 Feb 2010, 15:25   #11 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: TauOnline World 2 [Story]

Keys were punched and the door opened. A man walked into the darkness and every step he took inside the room, lights came to be. As the room brightened, one can see an elaborate room made completely out of marble and works of fine art lined the room. The man's achievement is etched in every inch of the room. A clear thump can be heard with each step the man takes and each thump activated a myriad of screens. As he approaches a finely craved marble desk, mechandrites reach out to the man and took his suitcase as well as help him out of his blazer.

"Recaf, Mr. Zenni?" a soft, feminine voice said.
"Yes, Alice. A cup. Sugar and cream please." said Zenni.
"What do you to eat like for breakfast, Mr. Zenni?
"I'm feeling quite famished. A big Steak with loads of gravy and a side dish of cheddar cheese mashed potatoes."
"Excellent choice, Mr. Zenni. It will be done within half an hour."
"Good girl. Now then, anything important I should know about or it's business as usual?"
"The Guild Mechanica is planning to build a Rail Line from their cities to the Arkadians."
"Interesting. Hope they build it underground otherwise it will be a tempting target for wasteland raiders. Anymore?"
"Your Intelligence Officer has forwarded his report. You will find it in your Cognitator."
"Good. And how's our diplomats and their our progress on those Non-Aggression Treaties?"
"Our diplomats has just arrived at their respective destination. However, our diplomat intended for the Chosen of Dor is speaking to the Dor's diplomat here."
"Excellent. Hopefully, we avoid the fighting and come out prosperous in the end."

OOC: Diplomats has been send out to every major faction to sign a Non-Aggresion Treaty.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:20   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

The diplomat stood nervously in the waiting room in which he had been contained. Supposedly he was to speak with a representative of the the Adil Corporation. His name was Lukas Stroth, and although he was wearing the clean, well-pressed attire of a Tyrannis upper-hive dweller, he had the dark skin and hard-set eyes of an underhive drone.

He had been informed that the prospect of a non-aggression pact was high, so while Lukas' hopes were high, he knew from dealing with corporates like the Adil, it was never a good idea to be so trusting. However, Dor had put much faith in his abilities. Quietly he waited for the other representative to make himself known...

[hr]

Elsewhere, back at the war room, Uhur-ukh(General) Scathis had just finished his report on the readying of the Chosen Legions. twelve million militia had been drawn up and were well underway in the training process from malnourished scavenging scum to powerful, well-trained elite fighters.

Already six legions of 10,000 had been raised, as well as several thousand warmachines of Warmaster Dor's personal design had been brought up in an incredibly small amount of time.

"As you can see here, the northern clusters have been completely quelled of insurrection. Severus, Indominae, and Matthias Hives are now under our control, and the 4th Legion has begun the process of repairing and reactivating the manufactorum district." the general showed on the ethereal chart where the southern walls of the hives had been blasted open, and a small resistance group had responded and been wiped out without much loss on their side.

"So that leaves us with eight total hive-cities in our control master. The secondary hive cluster Garreth, Nos Stratus, and Obvlivion, as well as our sister hive Tyrannis Secundus directly south have all been activated and are working at increased efficiency. Our new slaves have shown an admirable ability to work when the alternative is a journey into the bowels of the warp itself." A few men gathered in the room chuckled. Dor smiled, turning to a surprisingly un-tattooed or scarred woman standing to the side. She was wearing a dark green flight suit and was holding a standard imperial flight-helmet to her side. She could almost be a normal pilot of the Imperial Navy, if not for the startlingly cruel gaze that lashed forth from her eyes at anyone present. Dor was unperturbed.

"My lovely lady, how goes work on my personal project?" He asked, voice immediately commanding the attention of those around him. The female smiled wickedly, walking up and plugging a small datachip into the side of the holovid. The image of Matthias Hive was replaced by a strange and wickedly angular aircraft. From scale next to an imperial marauder bomber, it appeared massive.

"The old Admech forges in Tyrannis Secundus have been fully converted to produce the Desploilers, however there have been some complications finding an armature apparatus capable of holding up the fuselage. Several of the structures have to be completely torn apart and rebuilt internally it seems." She frowned, removing the datachip and stepping back. Dor sighed, leaning in to get a closer look at the image of the aircraft that remained on the screen.

"This will just not do, Lady Benera, this simply will not do. We have a few of those old local scramjet craft operational, correct? Good. Start patrol flights with those scout craft immediately. We have just set claim to our borders, and I want to make sure that our neighbors can see that loud and clear..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:06   #13 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

"Hail, Diplomat Lukas Stroth of the Chosen of Dor! I am Diplomat Baka Hurni of the Adil Hive Corporation. I see you want to agree to my corporation's Non-Aggression Treaty. That is most fortunate. Now, if you will sign here, here and here as well as here and here, it will be settled. Long story short; your administration and its hives as well as your people will not move aggressively against us in any way; militarily, economically, politically or otherwise. You cannot forced us nor even ask us to assist you in any invasion and any connections will be denied unless the enemy didn't sign the Non-Aggresion Treaty with the Adil Hive Corporation but it's up to our Board of Directors as well as our most honored CEO whether or not, is it worth assisting you in such endeavors." the Adil diplomat said in quick succession and thrusting a pile of documents towards the Dor diplomat to sign.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:10   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

After much deliberation, the diplomat signed the document, Assuming the terms were to be followed mutually. With that, the diplomat bowed.

"Thank you for this. Today, we chose not to tear eachother apart in pointless conflict. Tomorrow, who knows? Certainly we must work on initiating trade once we have re-established our economy in the name of the Emperor. Until then, be with Him, brothers..." And the diplomat left, returning on foot to the Tyrannis Hives.
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 22 Feb 2010, 19:35   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El

The immense courtyard was framed by the impossibly high walls of the No.2 Bastion. So large was the open area that to the other side was barely visible, appearing as a hazy mist on the horizon. Despite it's size, the courtyard was filled. Thousands of troops marched to and fro, tanks belched fumes into the air as they manured into position. Over the din of engines and screamed orders, the Regimental bands struck up tunes, adding to a complete cacophony of noise that echoed outside Sykes office window. The Castellan of the Fortess and commander of the Protectorate watched with satisfaction as the troops from 10 Brigade formed up and loaded onto the transports. It would take them just 5 hours to reach to front line so excellent was the Protectorates logistics. The 10th Brigade was just one of the many Brigades the Protectorate had mobilized in the past year.

Sykes turned away from the window and towards the many reports spread across his desk. The protectorate intelligence services had provided information that suggested a agreement between the Arkadian and the Aegengrad clusters had been made. Intelligence reports suggested a possible two pronged assault into the Protectorate's territory in effort to regain the lost Hives. As overstretched as they were the Protectorate would face a hard battle if they were to fight both clusters at once.

Before him a tangle of cables and metal descended from the ceiling to suspend three vid screens before his desk. The first showed General Gunther, commander of the Aegengrad front around Ugon Hive, A stout heavy set man with livid scars that marred his face. The second showed a thin, gaunt man, also wearing the uniform of a Protectorate General, the left eye had been replaced with a glowing red bionic implant. General Marks commanded the Arkadian Front, around Molocar and Dustyr Hives. he third screen showed a dark skinned man in Jet black clothes with red lining. His attire and grim features set him out as a protectorate commissar and commander of the Protectorate Intelligence, Commissar Jugen.

"How goes the preparations Gunther?"

"My lord Castellan, my forces are fully prepared for any attacks across the border. However I press still for a pre-emptive strike, I don't like sitting back and allowing the enemy to mobilise-" Sykes cut him off with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"Gunther, we are overstretched as it is, we cannot afford to draw the troops from the Arkadian front to support another offensive. The Arkadians are on the move and we need to be ready to face them." Jugen nodded in agreement, and Gunther sat back in his chair grumbling. At this point General Marks stepped in.

"I agree My lord Catellan, the Arkadian front cannot spare a man, We have strong concentration in the south around the old Arkadian hives, however I fear for the safety of the north. Ignisum Hive is woefully under prepared for attack."

"My sources suggest that the threat to Ignisum Hive is minimal General, it is unnecessary to post much needed troops away from the front-line where they might be useful" Commissar Jugen cut in. Mark's eyes flickered with annoyance.

"Commissar Jugen, you can say what you like, sitting behind the lines in your chair, but I am here on the front and I can see the weaknesses as clear as-" Sykes cut Marks off with another wave and motioned for the General to back down.

"General Marks is correct. Currently I have the 10th Brigade on hand here in Invictus, I shall re-direct them to Ignisum Hive to increase it's defence, on it's own it is a small force, but they will serve well to delay the enemy should the Arkadians push North. It will take them less than a day to get there." General Marks nodded in appreciation, while Commissar Jugen grimaced.

"If that is all gentlemen I will end this meeting. return to your posts." Gunther and Marks saluted and their screens flashed blank as they signed off. Commissar Jugen's screen remained open however.

"My lord Castellan, if I may speak to you of the Adil Corporations envoy?" Sykes nodded as he strode back to his seat.

"The Adil Corporation is, by my reports large but militarily weak, it's economy however is quite strong. They have come to us with offers of a non-agression pact." Sykes snorted.

"Hiding behind diplomacy, in this quagmire?"

Jugen continued "My lord, I advise that we do however accept their offer, They are one of the most technologically advanced factions and we may be able to trade for their weaponry. As it is, our men do need better armour, as they equipment we have currently is too standard." Their terms are thus My lord,

our administration and its hives as well as your people will not move aggressively against us in any way; militarily, economically, politically or otherwise. You cannot forced us nor even ask us to assist you in any invasion and any connections will be denied unless the enemy didn't sign the Non-Aggresion Treaty with the Adil Hive Corporation but it's up to our Board of Directors as well as our most honored CEO whether or not, is it worth assisting you in such endeavors.

Sykes sat back in his chair and pondered for a moment, stroking his unshaven chin.

"Very Well, have our envoys, sign this pact with the Adil Hive, it makes one less enemy for the meantime."

The Invictum Protectorate signs the NAP with the Adil Hive Corporation

[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:46   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

"A non-aggression pact? Who else have they approached?" Othalion skimmed over the data only in passing; all such treaties said roundly the same thing; regardless, Phalikos and his legion of cogitors, sages, and servitors had already poured through it in minute detail for loopholes or mistrustful wording.

"Fact, verified 83% accurate: Every major Hive cluster in which we have intelligence assets has received a similar document." The reply was entirely emotionless." This was entirely the choice of the speaker, as [fragment; finish later >.>]
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2010, 04:19   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Jeriko Carson, Marshal of the 1st Arkadain looked over the missive in his hands and snorted with disgust. A non-aggression pact, from a corporate player on Ceranine. How utterly predictable. And Cowardly. Anything not won with force was hardly worth winning at all. When you took an area by force you truly showed the inhabitants the error of siding with the wrong people.

"This is all they sent?" Jeriko's voice was low and threatening.

"Y-yes, Marshal, that was all."

"They sent you, did they not?"

"Sir?"

"Cowards. All of you. Utter cowards."

The envoy hardly had time to see the arm of the comissar standing behind Jeriko rise, bolt pistol in hand. There was a single, loud crack, and the envoy's head exploded. Jeriko wiped a splash of blood and brain matter off his cheek before throwing the cloth in the trash, as if cowardice were somehow a communicable disease.

[hr]

Nathaniel Grimm smiled. Soon Dastayr would once again belong to its rightful owners. Soon. A feral grin crossed his lips as the '94 carrying him set down outside of Defiance. All they needed now was the signal from the Aegentine forces to the south.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2010, 06:10   #18 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Andrew sat at the head of the large table in the Senate Maxima, hands clasped together in front of him and his elbows propped against the cold metal table. The lights of the Senate Maxima where turned off and many holographic displays rose from the smooth metallic table, as well as the floating, ghostlike noospheric objects that where visible only to adepts of the Mechanicus and hovered before Andrew and the other ten Magi Supreme, five of which sat on his left and right.
"In other news, we have received a message from the Adil Hive Corporation about a ' Non-Aggresion Treaty'." said Magi Mathiew.
Instantly the holographic displays changed to detail the Adil Hive Corporation, while the message in question was displayed before each Magi in their personal Noosphere. Andrew read the message in the space of an eye blink.
"How very bold of them..." said Keel Dunam, head of the Archiving branches. Andrew smiled inwardly. In the Mechanicus, knowledge is very real power, and while Archives might not be the most exiting position Keel Dunam was a frighteningly intelligent man, but he lacked initiative.
"And its just so...vague...I mean, who is to decide what 'aggressively' is exactly? But at the same time, its unfairly restricting to anyone who did sign it, while leaving all those who did not sign it without any restrictions at all. We cant expect any aid out of the Adil Hive Corporation even if we agree to this." Said Mathiew
Andrew took a deep breath, thinking.
"I do not wish to anger the Adil Hive Corporation. However, we cannot accept this treaty in its current form. I purpose we politely decline to sign the treaty in its current form. All in favor?
A unanimous ascent was given via the central hololithic display.
"Speaking of war." began Mathiew. "It has come to our attention that the Order of the Flaming Roses and the Ceranine Planetary Defense Force have been fighting for control of the Hyerine PDF Module, which as I'm sure you know, controls the satellite array for all of Ceranine. The Module has been damaged in the fighting, and the results of this can be quite sever indeed, but it could also provide us with an opportunity of sorts..."
The rest of what Mathiew had to say was given via private messages, circumventing the data logs of the Senate.
'My, my Mathiew, you are the cunning one." said Andrew. "All in favor of Mathiew's plan?"
All but two of the Magi assented to the plan.
"Motion passed"
Once more, Mathiew began. Finally, the war between the Invictum Protectorate and the forces of the Arkadian Mercenary Khanate and the Aegengrad Hive Cluster is still raging. I feel we must continue the rest of our discussion off record..."

[hr]

<[exloaded from] Guild Mechina [message distribution to] Order of the Flaming Roses [encryption level-Maxima] [begins]
Valorous Sisterhood, may the Emperor forever hold you in his grace as he hold you now, and smile upon all our undertakings! We of the Guild Mechina cannot thank your righteous Order enough for cleansing our planet of taint, and welcome the cleansing fires of absolution with open arms and a clean conscience. However, it appears that in the noble fight to cleanse our planet, the Hyerine PDF Module which controls the various satellite arrays of Ceranine has been crippled. This has severe implications for the hives and people of Ceranine. Our humble Guild offers our services to repair the Hyerine PDF Module and provide your blessed order with tactical feeds from the satellites. This effort will however, require a tempering ceasefire with the Ceranine Planetary Defense Force in the area of the Module, so as not to further harm the machinery. Let me assure you, hampering your holy work in smiting the wicked is something we shall never endeavor to do, and while the ceasefire is regrettable, the resulting tactical advantage your great forces shall enjoy will be enormous.
May the Emperor protect you, always.
[ends]>

<[exloaded from] Guild Mechina [message distribution to] Ceranine Planetary Defense Force [encryption level-Maxima] [begins]
Righteous fist of the Emperor! May your valorous defense of Ceranine be forever remembered and celebrated for as long as the stars themselves endure. Your purge of all threats to our way of life is a most commendable action, to be lauded and praised. However, it appears that in the noble fight to protect our planet, the Hyerine PDF Module which controls the various satellite arrays of Ceranine has been crippled. This has sever implications for the hives and people of Ceranine. Our humble Guild offers our services to repair the Hyerine PDF Module and provide your powerful forces with tactical feeds from the satellites. This effort will however, require a temporary ceasefire with the Order of the Flaming Roses in the area of the Module, so as not to further harm the machinery. Let me assure you, hampering your holy work of defending our people is something we shall never endeavor to do, and while the ceasefire is regrettable, the resulting tactical advantage your great forces shall enjoy will be enormous.
May the Emperor protect you, always.
[ends]>

<[exloaded from] Guild Mechina [message distribution to] Adil Hive Corporation [begins]
Great lords, though peace with our brothers of Ceranine is always foremost in our minds and actions, regrettably we cannot sign this Non Aggression Treaty in its current form, for it leaves us far to vulnerable to those less honorable forces which would conspire against the comradeship of humanity. However, we are open to the possibility of agreeing to a more viable Treaty if one is placed before us.
May the Omnissiah bless and keep you, always.
[ends]>
Old 23 Feb 2010, 06:24   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Imperialist Diplomat was taking far too long in his introduction. The Skipper signaled to the magistrate to table this meeting, and show the diplomat to some of the more pleasurable quarters of the hive, courtesy of the defunct House Arakinor. This was rather unimportant, and he doubted that any viable community could just pop up as mysteriously and take control as quickly as this leader of his had... he was rather suspicious, but would humor the diplomat for a little longer, maybe. In the mean time, there was other business to review.

The Adil hive Corp. proposed a Non-Agression Pact. Seeing as they were going to be integrated as part of the rail line, it was agreed that such a pact was beneficial. OOC: NAP w/ Adil Hive Corp. Accepted.

A signing statement was added at the end: Both Parties must abide by the terms of this pact, otherwise the party that followed the procedures and protocols approved herein will be released from this Pact and all such dealings made invalid.

Also was a report on the Rail lines: Construction has already begun at the eastern terminus of Hive Coratia. There was to be a railhead to the port areas of the Hive so that there would be an already-exitsting redundant route in case of internal problems, and also to facilitate any overland trade throught the wastes.

Then, there was a more... secretive... request, but that was handled quickly, cleanly... and profitably.

For the mean time, the military forces would continue regulation drills and such.

With a sigh both satisfied and apprehensive, Johanass and the Magistrate agreed it was time to let the diplomat back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2010, 06:41   #20 (permalink)
Shas'El

The diplomat sent to the Morphican Cluster introduced himself as Satr Ellias, a former underhive dweller of Tyrannis Secundus. He explained to the representatives the genestealer incursion and the following imperial purge had left the majority of hives once under House Tyrannis all but dead. He revealed to them the tale of the one they call Dor, who lead a great many lowly underhive scum to salvation, and rode out the storm. He told them of how he now has begun calling countless wastelanders and hive-dwelling survivors in the surrounding region to his newly-established flag. They were the Chosen of Dor. The diplomat asked the Morphican representatives to officially recognize the Chosen as an official government, and if so, to begin further trade-talks in the name of progress in the Emperor's name.

[hr]

Elsewhere, a similar diplomat reached the Arkadian hives, as well as the Combine, and told a similar tale, requesting the same recognition and option for further peace/trade talks.
Quote: