Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

TauOnline World 2 [Factions]
Old 15 Feb 2010, 10:20   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: TauOnline World 2 [Factions]

See later post
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 08:00   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Achi/Matar Combine
The Achi and Matar Hive clusters were once neighbouring hives, and often friendly rivals. Then, as surrounding Hives, Mercenaries, even Genestealer cults started arising, and threatening, the security of both Hives, Achi and Matar joined forces, shook hands, and defended their homes, lives, and maybe attacked a few as well. The combination worked surprisingly well. Achi's Aeronautic focus, along with their militant population, combined well with the industrious and populous Matar. Now, with very little standing in the way of Anarchy, neither wants to kneel to another being, in fact, the Achi/Matar Combine are ready to push out.

[hr]Starting Points: 30[hr]

Population
4: At most 750 million citizens.

Hives
4: At most 15 hives.

Hive Infrastructure
4: At most 50 million citizens per hive.

Wasteland Infrastructure
0: Your troops can only be deployed at their rough terrain speed through the wastes.

Hive Industry
3: 20d '' 2000t

Wasteland Industry
0: 0.5 work-days per hive worker per week.

Economy
3: 3yr '' +0% '' +75% ''

Standing Military Limit
3: 20% '' 80% ''

Army Focus
2: '' 20% '' 10kt '' 30kt ''

Aerospace Focus
2: You have 250 craft.

Naval Focus
2: Your total fleet masses at most 200kt.

Army Tech
3: Lascannons, autocannons, krak weapons.

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 14:58   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

I'm seeing a worrying lack of investment in navies and wasteland infrastructure. Building new hives is not a simple undertaking, and your populations will grow over the course of the game. Of course, you can upgrade things like that as you go along, but bear in mind that it won't be cheap.

Also, Novae rules the seas (which won't be an insignificant strategic resource, by the way) unopposed. :P

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 15:08   #14 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I can still use my Defense Lasers as a pseudo Anti-Ship weapon right? Of course, I'm a peaceful kind of guy. I wouldn't be aggressive without good reason.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 15:12   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion
I can still use my Defense Lasers as a pseudo Anti-Ship weapon right? Of course, I'm a peaceful kind of guy. I wouldn't be aggressive without good reason.
Unless they're bombarding you with cruise missiles from over the horizon.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 16 Feb 2010, 15:49   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Ryan Thunder
I'm seeing a worrying lack of investment in navies and wasteland infrastructure. Building new hives is not a simple undertaking, and your populations will grow over the course of the game. Of course, you can upgrade things like that as you go along, but bear in mind that it won't be cheap.
Good point - I'm taking one point out of my air force in favor of one point into wasteland industry. Also, building new Hives should take millenia, if memory serves @.@.

Quote:
Also, Novae rules the seas (which won't be an insignificant strategic resource, by the way) unopposed. :P
I was hoping no one would notice :P.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd think you'd need a good reason to have a surface-to-space weapon traverse low enough to target shipping, but if you made allowances for that then yes, I suppose you could. I'd think that building heavy gun batteries would be infinitely more economical, though.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 19:11   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
I was hoping no one would notice :P.
Yes, well, 'tis my job to notice. :P

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd think you'd need a good reason to have a surface-to-space weapon traverse low enough to target shipping, but if you made allowances for that then yes, I suppose you could. I'd think that building heavy gun batteries would be infinitely more economical, though.
Haven't they done that sort of thing in the fluff before?

Old 16 Feb 2010, 21:32   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

To be honest i would like to see a map before i make decisions on my faction. I dont know how nescessary a navy would be for me. For example whether or not i am landlocked or not. As such i am going to withdraw my faction choice until i have more info on. 1. How great movement distances will be 2. How defensible my geographical position is and how large a navy army and airforce i will need. 3. How my economy choices will affect my income and more importantly my annual buying power. However i still reserve the fortress invictus idea.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 22:17   #19 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

He has a good point. I would hate to have invested points into a navy and wind up on top of a mountain range...
Old 17 Feb 2010, 00:52   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun
He has a good point. I would hate to have invested points into a navy and wind up on top of a mountain range...
Okay, I'll fool around in Wilbur a bit and get back to you either tonight or tomorrow.