Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FALLOUT - Game Thread [Camelot Region]
Old 30 Oct 2009, 02:23   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default FALLOUT - Game Thread [Camelot Region]

Day 2:

The trucks bumped and bounced along the highway. The lead vehicle, which Damien rode in, was fitted with a ramming blade to allow it to literally shove off the road anything that blocked its path. The other vehicles followed behind. It was slow going, though after hours of winding slowly through the broken roads the convoy picked up speed, reaching sixty or more in places.

Any attempt at conversation received verbal abuse from Ducky, who clearly didn't want Damien there. Eventually, the trucks pulled off the road and, after a short trip across what felt like untreated fields, they pulled up into a car park.
"Dismount!" Ducky barked. "You, boy! Captain Pretty will want to see you!"

Damien, after a long period of standing in a corridor, was introduced to 'Captain Pretty'. He wasn't. Most of his face was a mix of scars and burns. He had one working eye, and it stared at Damien in the manner of someone who had neither time nor patience for anything.
"Ducky filled me in. So, you're the one taking the piss out of C-Company, eh? I'd stand up, but I seem to have misplaced my legs."
He beckoned Damien to come behind the desk. There were no legs, but there was a selection of drinks.
"Help yourself." He said. "Name's Smith, if it's worth crap. I'm guessing you've just spent many happy hours in the company of Ducky, charismatic bastard that he is. He seems to think you're a soldier... so... I order you to take your drink, sit down, and listen to a cripple bitch about his job."

Damien did sit down. Smith reached over, with a hand sporting a missing finger, and selected a piece of paperwork seemingly at random.
"Let's go through the proceedure. I'm not as stupid as I am ugly, so I already figure you're not Saint Churchill reborn. You just tell me what you want... what you really want, and I'll scribble on this piece of paper something that will, I hope, help us both. So... Damien, wasn't it? What inspired you to take the piss out of my former unit and tag along for the ride?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 02:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: FALLOUT - Game Thread [Camelot Region]

Damien scooped up two drinks, slamming one down and the sitting the other on the desk like anyone would have the first drink.

"Well then Captain, i'll answer 1 at a time.

"C company missed me sleeping in a flight of stairs, they then missed me tailing them for several clicks"
He hoped clicks was the right word, he'd heard it before in referance to distance.
"They then failed to spot me a mere 20 or so meters away, in ear shot no less. I heard Princess order his men to find a vehicle, I found one first"

He stopped for a sip.

"So that led me to believe that the men I was tailing wern't exactly, good at their jobs.

"Secondly, captain, I'm after work, or possibly to join your crew here. I have an apptitude for sneaking around and I can pick locks too. I have my own agenda but it's not really a strict schedual, I need cash and I need gear, and in return you get what you need out of me."

He glared around at Ducky.

"I'd also prefer to not deal with him if possible".

Damien lifted his bottle, in a toast sort of motion to the captain.

"Cheers"

Old 30 Oct 2009, 03:11   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Smith chuckled, giving Ducky his own glance.
"That'll be all, Corporal."
He waited for the man to leave before returning to his paperwork.
"Now then... let's see what I can do. As to joining 'my crew', I could take that a few ways. The first is you want a deskjob, in which case be my god-damn guest. I doubt you do though. Second is that you want a position in our hallowed halls. Well, the Top Brass say these days we need Tribals to make up the numbers. Time was we wouldn't, but what with the troubles we've had we need anyone who can hold a gun the right way round."
"Now, cash and gear... well, cash I have sod-all of, but gear we have in bucketloads. Obviously the Bappie keep the best bits, but for Grunts we have a good stockpile of weapons and armour. You do stuff for us, we pay you in gear. I've got plenty of jobs that need doing, and need doing by someone who will bring his precious equipment back intact. Here; it's a list of gear I can get you access to. It's mostly taken from Raiders and Tribals, but I'll see about getting you something better later on. Only way I can clear you Grunt-gear is by signing you up, but I don't think you really want that, do you?"

Gear available from the Armoury thus far:
1 "Grunt" uniform with DPM pattern camo.
1 suit of Raider Scarbrand Armour - Average quality.
1 suit of Raider Slayer Armour - Poor quality (heavily damaged by weapons fire).
1 "Three-Two" pistol - Poor quality.
2 Hunting Rifles - Average quality.
14 .32 calibre rounds.

"It's mostly crap, but I can get you better later on. Most of what I give you to do will be simple. Your first will be the standing order of all members of the Army - the recovery of supplies and equipment to further our Mission. In short, you find anything worth squat, give it to us and we'll give you a bag of bullets in return, or whatever. I've got other jobs here as well. Read them over."

He passed over pieces of paper, filled with hand-written instructions and quickly-drawn maps. Smith had scribbled his own annotations in places.

>> Locate Road Gang "Road Warriors". Beleived [Sp] heavily armed and mad as all bastardy. May have been involved in gunning down BAPI A-4. [If they have BAPI gear] Kill them. [and bring it back.]

>> Contact lost with Grunt E-7, E-8, E-10. Liverpool region. Find their corpses, and bring back their guns and armour. Survivors are an optional extra. [N.B. Grunt Morale improved by bringing their people home alive.]

>> Tribals reported in East / Southeast region behaving oddly [for Tribals]. Find out what they are doing.

>> Locals at Sandbank [WTH?] report sighting BAPI. No units in area [WTF is Sandbank!?]. Local aides [WHAT AIDES!?] report negative.
>[Find Sgt.Mjr. Clondike. Beat the shit out of him until he tells you where Sandbank is.]

"Don't answer all at once. There's no rush. You can go and requisition some gear, get a uniform, get food or whatever. Although, if you'd get right on that last one I would be very happy. Anything else you need to know? If not, send Ducky in when you leave."

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 30 Oct 2009, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Damien looked at the scrawling, and sniggered at the last mission.

"Thats all, Cheers Captain"
He gulped the rest of his drink.

On his way out he gave Ducky a crude look.
"Captain pretty wants your ugly arse in there, sir"

Damien headed down to the armory to see what they'd give him.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 11:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

After the radio call Damien kept heading for the armory, a few rather attractive females were scattered throughout the BAPI. Oh how he'd love to stop and chat, but no time.

He came to the armory, A big caged of section with a really grumpy looking dude behind the counter.
Old 01 Nov 2009, 20:27   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Armourer stepped out from behind his desk, though there was still a metal cage between him and Damien. It allowed the Vault Dweller to take note of his right leg, which was wooden, and his right hand, which was a hook. The man gave Damien a long stare; it seemed that disapproving looks were popular amongst the remnants British Army.
"You have papers?" The man said in a tired voice, pointing with his hook to a little grill in the door.

Quote:
Old 02 Nov 2009, 02:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Damien handed him the wad of random indentity looking papers Pretty had given him.

Hopefully they were the right ones.

"So what happened to you?"
He asked rather bluntly, never having seen such injuries before.
Old 02 Nov 2009, 10:25   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

"Elllesmere Port." the man answered gruffly. "So, Smith's taken you on, eh? Alright. Tell me what you want off that list. Can't promise much else to an outsider; command would get hissy if we started giving away the BAAR-7 stock."
He handed the papers back. A young woman with a shaved head, only a year otr two younger than Damien, emerged from the isles of gear carrying ammunition crates. The armourer scowled at her and pointed back the way she came.

Quote:
Old 02 Nov 2009, 19:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Damien took a pencil from the desk a Underlined the gear he wanted.

1 "Grunt" uniform with DPM pattern camo.

1 suit of Raider Scarbrand Armour - Average quality.

1 suit of Raider Slayer Armour - Poor quality (heavily damaged by weapons fire).

1 "Three-Two" pistol - Poor quality.

2 Hunting Rifles - Average quality. 1 of

14 .32 calibre rounds.

He handed the slip back, Given the Girl a good look over as he did.
Old 02 Nov 2009, 22:27   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Armourer nodded, sending the girl off to find the gear. Whilst they waited, he handed over a clip-board of grubby paper that, to the keen eye, was a chitty printed over old newspaper.
"Fill out your name, age and sign. Don't worry about the rest - you're not a regular from what Smith's notes say."
Damien noted a radio frequency had been scribbled on the corner. The Armoured caught his eye and mouthed keep that quiet.
"So, what suicide mission have you decided on?" The man said a little more loudly than he strictly needed to. "Personally, I'd love a chance to go back to Rugby. Lost a good friend in Rugby. Worse, lost the suit of Twenty-Nine he was wearing when the Radscorpion totalled the truck. I know all these lads rave about Thirty-Three, but by Her Highness I'd give my other leg to get that suit of Twenty-Nine back in working order."

He watched Damien fill out the form, and after convincing himself the lad had taken proper note of the radio frequency, reached for the clipboard with his claw. The way he tore the corner of the page off looked almost accidental.
"Ah bugger. I do that far too often. Still, not like anyone'll need that bit. Aha! Here she is, the apple of my not like that! Damn it, girl, how often have I told you how to carry a weapon! I know it ain't loaded, but nobody else does! Give it here! Go and get the bloody uniform and the bloody armour before I smack you into next tuesday!"
Eventually, the chosen supplies were passed over. Damien was given the location of the wash tents where he could change and 'freshen up'.

Quote: