Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FALLOUT - Game Thread [Runcorn Region]
Old 28 Oct 2009, 12:16   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default FALLOUT - Game Thread [Runcorn Region]

Day 2:

Colt's directions took the group along the river. He advised not going any further north than they absolutely had to, on account of 'Rads and Raiders, and no telling which is worse.'

Eventually, Colt forced a detour through half-collapsed fences that gave way to ruined buildings. They had to climb an embankment part of the way, emerging on a wide, badly-broken stretch of road. Just to the south was the Bridge, whilst whatever lay north was hidden by a further rise in the ground, scorched trees and the remains of a raised road segment.

"Right, listen close!" Colt hissed. "North of here is Raider country. The Vings hold most of it. You do not mess with them! They say you can become rich plundering this town, but I never met a man who tried and lived to tell the tale. We can cross the Bridge here, but I guarantee they'll fleece the lot of you. If you don't like that, you'll have to find another way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 03:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: FALLOUT - Game Thread [Runcorn Region]

"How many guarding the bridge?"

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 04:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

"Hey, if these bridge people are willing to snipe at people swimming across, I'd like to put a few bullets in 'em. I'm gonna go scout this out."

Job strapped his spear to his back, along with Colt's shotgun, and walked towards the bridge, trying to gain a better understanding of the people he was up against.
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 06:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

"Yeah, I'd like to know how many there are and what kinda gear they've got if nothing else about 'em. I think Nightlight ran over here to scout the bridge earlier, and with Job scouting too we should get some kind of info about what's over there. Hey, Colt, when we left we were told about a city called Liverpool that used to be west of here, do you know what's left of it?"

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 07:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Zack wandered around behind the group. He still didn't know what to make of the people he was with, and had always been something of a loner. While the others moved closer to the bridge he searched the area they traveled through, lagging behind the group, but never letting them out of sight. As he searched through the junk around the place he began to wonder what had become of Damien. Last he could remember was the guy running off into the sunset.

He tried contacting Damien with his pip-boy's radio.

"Damien? You there? This is Zack, just wondering if you're still alive."

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 12:00   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

The party scouts came back reporting four men in ramshackle gear, toting a variety of weapons. At least one had some form of rifle, the others favouring pistols or crude melee weapons. A crude barricade had been set up along the far end of the bridge, with a gate in the centre the guards could open to allow vehicles to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 12:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Gorden moved with the group as he heard there were a few people guarding the bridge, " Guys I think we could take them as we seem far better equiped to take them on, but first I think we should talk to them them and come to an agreement." Gorden explained to the group.

He still had the music he was listening to in his head repeating over and over as it slowley drove into his mind. Gorden started humming as he checked his pip-boy radio for Damian " Hey are you there buddy?" he enquired.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 12:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

[[Keep it here for ease]]

"You there... "
"Damien..."

Damiens pipboy let out soft crackles, thankfully no one was around to hear it. He ducked into a corner and replied.

"I'm fine, don't contact me for a while, i'll raise you"
Old 30 Oct 2009, 13:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

"Thank God you're alive, you dumb frick! We thought you were a goner! We should let you know that we're not meeting back at that camp, as a group of wild cannibals ravage it by night. We're headed to Runcorn if you wanna meet us later. Also, you might want to pop the rings off of your food cans... it seems they're the accepted currency out here."

His mind settled, Job turned his full attention back to his fellow Vault Dwellers.

"Gorden, I'm sure people have tried to attack these guys before. They look like they've got a pretty good set-up. Still, I'm not even gonna consider negotiating with them if these stories about them sniping people going by boat are true. They've got no damn right to force people into tolls, and they certainly have no right to kill people!"

Job thought about a few strategies...

"We could find some way to conceal our weapons and take them by surprise while talking... or we could just charge at 'em, guns blazing. Any other ideas?"
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2009, 15:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Getting back to the group Zack heard the beginnings of a plan to assault the men holding the bridge. Four men, poor gear, only one rifle, the rest with pistols or melee weapons. Thinking about just what be the accepted norm out in this wasteland, Zack began to form a plan.

"Okay, everyone we've seen so far is carrying a gun, right? What if this is normal out, even expected? We could just walk up, weapons in plain sight, but relaxed, and attempt to talk to them."

He waited for a while.

"Of course, I could be wrong, it could only be the powerful ones out here that get to carry the weapons, in which case we should probably open with payment. Actually, that could be a plan. We pay them, and they'll probably relax a little when they let us pass. Then we can kill them if we decide it's necessary. We'll get our rings back too, if it comes to that."

Another pause.

"Again, if we have to fight, we should probably take out the guy with the rifle first, because he'd be the most dangerous to us, then anyone with another ranged weapon, then the guys with improvised weapons. If we have enough of the element of surprise it might even work…"

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote