Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]
Old 21 Oct 2009, 14:43   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]

The Vault Doors slid open, revealing the long-deserted corridor beyond. Nobody had used the entryway in years; there'd been little point. At the far end was the cog-shaped bulkhead leading to the outside world. Waiting to one side were security staff, friends, family and, of course, Overseer Ramsey.
"I wish you all luck!" he said brightly. "Of course, I wouldn't dream of sending you out in just your Jumpsuits! You'll each be provided with some equipment to help you on your journey..."

With that, the armoury was displayed. Mostly 10mm pistols, police batons and the occasional SMG. A week's supply of clean food, pure water was also set aside for each of them, as well as a basic medical kit; 2 stimpaks for pain relief and to speed up healing, a dose of Rad-Away in case of radiation sickness, and a roll of bandages. In truth, it was more than some had expected.

Players all have a Vault-Tec Jumpsuit issued to them. They may also pick one ranged and one melee weapon from the following:
10mm Pistol (fully loaded, two reloads), 10mm SMG (fully loaded, one reload), BB gun (fully loaded, five reloads - it is assumed you brought this from home!).
Axe, Baseball Bat, Brass Knuckles, Hammer, Improvised (again, something you brought along with you), Knife, Police Baton.

Players have also been granted 200 in various notes and coins to help them in the Wasteland.

With their gear provided, the Vault Door was opened. It growled back and rolled away, revealing a long-abandoned service elevator and a stairwell winding upwards. Led by Mr. Andrews, one of the sprightlier elders of the Vault, you begin your ascent. The elevator is out of the question; one look shows it hasn't worked in years.

At the top, more doors await. The computer terminal bleeps idly to itself, suggesting power. A few keystrokes opens the outer doors, and for the first time in your lives you withness the outside world.
The view from the hilltop is less than inspiring. The landscape is dull and barren. Andrews takes a deep, appreciative breath and sighs heartily.
"Smell that fresh air! Just like I remember!"
His wrinkled hand points eastward. "We're at a place called 'Hale Bank'. Over there is my home town of Runcorn! Came into the Vault when I was seven, y'see. You'll spot it by the three bridges."
There were a few confused moments as all present tried to find them. There was an arch of rusted metal that, if you were desperate, you might call half a bridge off in the distance. There were certainly not three.
"Well, there was a war an' all..." Andrews took a moment to compose himself, clearly upset by seeing the world he once knew obliterated. "Anyway, it looks like the Runcorn-Widnes Bridge survived, mostly. We're on the Widnes side, by the way." His tone suggested that this was of minor importance, and that there wouldn't be anything of interest beyond the Vault this side of the river. "If you follow the Mersey toward the cost, that's that way..." he waved westward. "you'll find Liverpool. Or, where Liverpool was. There was a town called... Saint Helens I think. That was..." another vague wave of the hand. This was was probably northward. "I think there was a 'Warrington' nearby as well. Maybe a Blackpool... or was that by Nottingham..."
After a few moments, it was clear the old man had exhausted his understanding of local geography. Slightly embarassed, he slunk back through the door, which one of the guards had held open for him.
"Just be careful, young 'uns. You don't know what you'll find out there... but for god's sake don't forget what you're looking for!"

With that, the bunker door closed, leaving the explorers stood atop the man-made hill protecting Vault 120.

The Pipboy 3000's internal memo system blips to remind you all that new information is available in your Notes section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 18:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Re: FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]

Tom observed the array of tools with a mixture of surprise and mild disappointment. Surprise at the variety of tools he was offered; disappointment that they hadn't included an assault rifle for any of them. Who knows what--or who--they might run into out there.

With some resignation, he grabbed one of the carbines and a knife, and headed outside. He took one last look back at the Overseer before crossing the threshold of the Vault door. Part of him hoped he'd never see the grinning idiot again.

The wasteland was breathtaking in spite of its dullness of colour. The scale of it alone brought tears to his eyes. No ceiling! No walls! There was some primal part of his brain that was panicking now. That'd take some getting used to.

A cold wind blew past him as Andrews left, and he shivered. Thankful for his grandfather's jacket , he zipped it up and stuck his hands in his pockets before looking wistfully up at the sky and uttering his first words since he'd stubbed his toe after breakfast that morning; "Bloody weather."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 18:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Patrick scooped up one of the few Sub-Machine Guns and a Police Baton, which looked like the most functional of the melee weapons gathered.
He marched past the Overseer and his family, resisting the urge to let off a spray of shots just to scare them. Patrick buckled and zipped up his old leather jacket that his father had brought into the Pit while walking over to where Tom stood. As he reached Tom, Patrick slung the SMG over his shoulder and absentmindedly tapped the baton against his hand.
"I don't know about you, but I'm looking to get as far away from this place as possible. That Liverpool place sounds like it's a ways off, interested in checking it out?"

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The mysterious figure known only as 'Anubis' whistled as the doors opened and the wasteland outside came into view. His urges for freedom of the vault finally met, he strolled out with a certainly of intent to explore these new surroundings.
The weather was bad, but for some reason, he liked it this way.
"Feeling fresh today"
The irony made him smile inwardly. He gripped his pistol, checked it a few times to make sure it was functional still, loaded it and with the safety on, put it into the holster. Wrapping the baton he had grabbed he turned as Patrick spoke.
"I heard Liverpool was a cesspit, full of scum and villains. But then, I always was one for a good party. I'm game for a wander, sod all to do here that hasn't been done a thousand times already. You never know, we might actually find something interesting."

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 19:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Rendrag already had with him his Fathers hunting knife, an 11" razor sharp blade. So he didn't bother with any of the melee weapons. But a Pistol looked nice. He picked one up along with it's reloads and shoved it through his belt.

Unlike the others so far it seemed that he was pretty unsure whether to leave or not. The Vault was all any of them knew.

But alas, it was his 'distiny'.

Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Gorden walked out of the armoury after choosing his Pistol, the baseball bat came from his father who talked about it before he came into the vault. The overcast weather was nice and cooled his face as he walked out of the vaults doors, " I think we should first try to go to Runcorn as it might have supplies and better equipment for us to try to repair the vault with. So who is with me?" Gorden asked as he looked at the group he was with.

The cold wind hit his face as he turned to the land that had survived the war.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Tom appeared to speak into his pipboy rather than look at Gorden directly, "Seems to be across the bridge, if I've read this map right," he smacked the pipboy and looked up, "We should wait up for Sara, though."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:40   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Sara slipped her wrench between her belt and jumpsuit whilst eyeing the newly aquired pistol. She sighed in dismay at the dust that had grown over the years, someone made an attempt to clean it but she new that those actions were superficial. She stared at the natural world around her, the fresh air playing across her face, the sight of a nuclear war created desert. One thought crossed her mind...

"Woah..."
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 23:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nightlight snagged a police baton on his way out, skipping over the pistols and SMGs in favor of his Red-Ryder Imitation BB gun. At least he felt confident that he could hit something with that, and it sure made a mess of various tiny vermin in the vault.

He squinted against the harsh light of the outside when he stepped out, holding his hand up to shield his eyes. Great, he thought, figures it'd be too damn bright out here.

He scowled at Mr. Andrews, but gave him a nod of his head and waved goodbye as Andrews ducked back through the vault door.

Swallowing his apprehension, Nightlight walked up to stand next to the others. When Gorden and Anubis bring up Liverpool and Runcorn as possible destinations, Nightlight pops up in a quiet voice, "Which one's closer? Maybe ... maybe we should stick together and go to the closest place?"
Old 22 Oct 2009, 00:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Either is good for me to be honest. I just feel like stretching my legs after being stuck in that joint. I've always wanted to see outside and now we're out, there is a lot to see!
I agree with you, we should stick together, we don't know what could be out here, radiation could have caused some nasty mutations for anything that survived, IF anything survived that is..."

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote