Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]
Old 22 Oct 2009, 01:56   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager
Default Re: FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]

Zack held back from the group, looking out across the devastated but oddly beautiful landscape. He then turned to look at the weapons on display. Mostly smaller guns, and a wide array of sharp and blunt instruments. He took a 10mm pistol, knowing that if he had to use it, there was a good chance he might not hit anything. He also found the weight somewhat reassuring, as he knew he would know be able to defend himself if it came down to it. He also took a nice long knife from the armoury.

His father had said that a knife was more than just a weapon, it was an incredibly useful tool, for everything from cutting a trip-wire to turning a stubborn screw to even digging stuff up. Granted it wasn't great at a lot of the stuff it could be used for, but it could be used for a lot of things.

Scooping up a first aid kit with all the requisite medical supplies, along with a backpack that contained a week's worth of food and water, Zack stepped out the door of Vault 120, ready to begin what could be the greatest adventure of his life.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 04:46   #12 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

Job pulled his grandfather's trenchcoat up to shield himself from the wind. He'd been told about this particular quirk of the outside world, but he still wasn't ready for it. He looked around the barren landscape... he wasn't sure what it was his grandfather had always been going on about. Growing up, he'd always imagined this fabled wind blowing through the mythical trees, running through the legendary grass as the magical sun smiled down upon him.

It seemed he wasn't going to live out his childhood dreams after all...

Job snapped out of his own mindspace and remembered that it was incredibly dangerous out here. He waltzed over to the armoury, glanced over the melee weapons, emptied the contents of his designated survival kit into the pockets of his trenchcoat and snapped up one of the few SMGs. He knew none of the group had much experience with firearms beyond BB guns, and figured that a shower of bullets would be more likely to take out threats than single shots.

The melee weapons all looked rather sub-par compared to his own devised killing tool; a sharp knife gaffed to the end of a broom handle. This makeshift spear was good for not only long-range stabbing, but also as a walking stick, something Job figured he'd need considering the vast amounts of trekking required in these wastelands. He just hoped his comrades were hardy enough to survive the inevitable hikes.

"Nightlight's right. We should stick together, at least on the wastes. As for our destination, I think the quiet little Runcorn would be a lot less dangerous."
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 10:10   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Before he left, Damien 'Rendrag' Gardner glanced over the melee gear layed out on the table. He figuered the stuff was free so why not take something.

He grabbed a worn looking pair of brass knuckles and slipped them on. The were a good fit and still allowed his fingers basically free movment.

The vault door opened with a sickening machined creak. Bright natural light flooded the exit area, Rendrag winced.

Someone said they should stick together... he didn;t need to be told twice, although if Sara went off without the group he'd follow her.

The fresh air made him gag for a second, he wasn't used to it. He could feel the thicker air and the dust ran down his throat. He took a swig of his water and took the first step out into the real world.

The first thing he noticed was his pipboy flash with a radio signal. He chimed in only to hear garbled, electro-interferance affected voices, he quickly turned it back off.

Then he looked up, to the right, a shattered and broken cobble of buildings, uninhabited. To his left, a road, ruined and pock marked. The distance favored a ruined bridge and what looked like a makeshift fence of some height...

The outside world was full of things he had only ever seen in history class... well full full of things that broken versions of what he had seen.

"This looks nice" Rendrag said with sarcasm.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:57   #14 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

The wind shifts, blowing westward. The sun pokes briefly through the heavy cloud, low in the sky. It's unclear how many hours of daylight remain.

From either side of the bridge, whisps of smoke rise up. From some of the ruins, the fumes are thick and black, like burning rubber. Vague noises, too faint to hear, are carried on the wind. There is life out there.

To the west, an encampment is just visible on the horizon. A chain-link fence once stood around it, though only the odd pole remains. Even from your vantage point, it's too distant to make out anything more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 12:01   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

"That encampment over there looks like a good place to get started. Looks like there's life out here after all."
Old 22 Oct 2009, 17:56   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Patrick was getting tired of standing around, and Job's suggestion sounded like the most intelligent thing he'd heard yet that day. Even though he didn't much care for the idea of going to that Runcorn, Patrick figured he should probably have at least one person with him before heading as far as possible from here.
"Might as well, I'm getting kinda tired of this hill anyways."

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:29   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm going to check out that encampment over there before it gets dark."
*walks towards the encampment, but with caution*

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:14   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

"Anubis, you idiot. Where do you think you're--Oh, **** it. Let's go, but we should be careful. There's no security to keep order out here, remember."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 20:38   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Yeah, I know. But we have to start sometime! I feel like I've been cooked up in a hole for far too long. No one else been feeling... claustrophobic? I mean, I know that hole saved our skins, but I've heard so many stories about the outside world. I wanna SEE it. Yeah we should probably stick together, but we could do with finding some better supplies before it gets dark, and that encampment looks the perfect place to start..."

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2009, 21:02   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

"Alright, guys and gals, let's get going!"

Job whisked his new SMG under his trenchcoat and started on the trek to the encampment.