Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]
Old 29 Oct 2009, 11:16   #101 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog
Default Re: FALLOUT - Game Thread [Vault 120 Region]

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyCool
"Runcorn sounds like as good a place as any to start looking, are we ready to go?"
"No we're not, we don't have any way to get past these bridgekeeping people."
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 16:59   #102 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

"Right I have waited enough and I am going to go and check around the camp now to look for rings to try and pay to get across the river and get to Runcorn." Gorden shouted.

As he walked around the camp, Gorden could see the damage the cannibals had done to the camp, thinking Gorden looked at his pip-boy and searched for any signals untill he got one. It played unusual music that he kind off liked when he got used to the repetitive rythem.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 17:13   #103 (permalink)
Shas'El

Anubis turned to Colt and noted in his eyes the look at seeing this band being torn asunder. Though he had felt like he wanted to go it alone, he realised now that outside the vault was a lot more dangerous than he had first thought. He would have to be careful, and he did not want rash decisions being responsible for him getting into a situation where his life would be in grave danger.
"How long would it take us to get to Leatown Colt? Are their any tolls on the way there like there are for Runcorn?"
"How about we discuss this properly guys. We need to make a decision quickly, we may need all the traveling time we can get. I say we leave these cannibals, see if we can get some serious firepower and some help then come back and deal with them."

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 19:11   #104 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Colt shrugged. "If we have no trouble... several hours."

[hr]

Damien continued heading north until he hit civilisation. A series of surburban ruins lay ahead, with no sign of life. It had been a long night's trek; he'd need to find somewhere to sleep soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:34   #105 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Leatown sounds safer and a better bet for us to get some idea of life out here. I don't particularly want to rush to my death. We need to find some better equipment by the looks of it... anyone else thinking along these lines?"

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:36   #106 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Damien listened intently for anything. He yawned. And that was about all.

He moved over to stair case, broken and battered and climbed under it. Pulling his Rad suit out to use as a blanket he curled up on the hard concrete.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:49   #107 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
"How long would it take us to get to Leatown Colt? Are their any tolls on the way there like there are for Runcorn?"
"Leatown is in Runcorn! Colt, tell me some more about these rings, dammit!"
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 21:37   #108 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Colt stared blankly at the question.
"Rings are... rings. Never seen a ring, kid? Here, gimmie one of those!"
He gestured to one of the sealed tins of preserved fruit the Vault Dwellers had had for breakfast. With a pop he ripped the ring-pull off the lid, and held it up.
"See? Rings." It vanished into his pocket. "Won't get far without Rings. I knew some guy who tried to barter goods off me once with bottlecaps. No idea what he was thinking. Still, maybe your money will get you somewhere... across the bridge, perhaps. If all else fails, you've got guns."

[hr]

Before continuing with Damien's adventure, I would like to remind everyone that I have a series of pre-scripted events; certain things happen on certain days and in certain places. As such, it is entirely possible for characters to quite literally get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Damien, thanks to the Dice Gods, has got to be
the luckiest son of a bitch alive. :P

Damien awoke to the sound of footsteps. A gloomy dawn had come, and brought with it some company.

He slid from his resting place, aching from the lack of a proper bed, and caught sight of a soldier. He flung himself back into cover, heart pounding. In the split-second Damien had caught sight of the man, he'd made out the distinct sillouette of a weapon. Memories of the camp came back - automatic weapons, 7mm cases. He wasn't the gun-nut Tom was, but he could put two and two together.

The soldier was coming closer. Every sound was amplified a thousand-fold in Damien's mind, as if his impending death had given him superhuman senses. He became aware of a strange chittering sound somewhere above him on the stairs, and heard the harsh clack of a round being chambered. Bullets roared against the stars, and frantic yelling began from all around him.
"Weapons live, weapons live!"
"Guns up! Who's got contact!"
"At ease!" the firer yelled back. "Bloody Rad-Roach!"
"Dumb shit!" came a reply from the other side of the building. "You signal before going live, you thick bastard!"

Two men rounded the corner, heading toward the trigger-happy trooper. Damien saw them go past. One wore a close-fitting uniform of DPM camo pattern. The other had an olive-drab armoured battlesuit. The insignia "BAPI-33" was visible on the shoulder. The armour made a faint whirring sound as he moved.
"Prince found what we came for." This was a fourth man. "We're heading back home in fifteen. Straight home this time."
"Any chance he found a helm?" said the armoured man.
"Bad luck, Bappie. You'll have to make do with a grunt-helm a little while longer."
As the men moved away, Damien caught one last, fleeting line; "Heard B-Company had some fun yesterday..."

After what seemed like a year, Damien began to breathe again. If nothing else, he'd found out what a 'Bappie' was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 22:09   #109 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

[[OOC: well thats a releife :P]]

His mind raced.

Bapi's!

Rad roachs?

Companies?

He knew from History class what a company was. Why were these men feared so much?

The man had said they would head straight home this time. Damien wondered what home meant in this desolate environment.

Damien followed them at a distance. Catching glimpses of them in the terrain as they travelled 'home'.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 22:41   #110 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nightlight nodded at Colt's words. "Right then, we've all got some 'rings'. Let's head up to Runcorn see if we can get across." he said, "I'm going to scout ahead up toward Runcorn and see if I can catch up to Gorden, if he hasn't left already. I'll radio back to you guys if I run into any trouble so you can avoid it when you head that way. I'll wait for you at the bridge. If you guys decide you are going somewhere else, I'd appreciate it if you let me know."

He turns to leave and then stops and looks back, "If ... if I don't make it back. Could I ask you guys to do me a favor? You know Bobby Cardwell, back in the Vault? The smartass who fell and broke his leg the week before we were sent out? Could one of you break his other leg for me? And be sure to tell him I always thought he was a real asshole."

With that Nightlight heads towards the bridge. He radios Gorden on his pipboy, "Gorden? This is Nightlight, I'm heading up towards Runcorn to do some scouting ahead of the group. Just wanted you to know so you wouldn't shoot me by accident."

Treading quietly, Nightlight slips out of the camp towards Runcorn.