Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Old ones - who are they?
Old 17 Dec 2010, 13:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thumbs up The Old ones - who are they?

All I know about the old ones:

They were a god-like species of alien that ruled the galaxy and had technlogy that would make the tau tech look like bady toys, and they look a little bit like the fat guys on thrones the lizardmen have. anyway...they liked to go round the galaxy creating life and there enemys were the necroyr. They went to war with the necroyr because the necroyr have really short life-spans and were kinda miffed about that.

But the old ones won the war, hands down. some of the necroyr survived and teamed up with some star gods called...the C'tan. The C'tan have no bodies and so the necroyr made them metal bodies, and the C'tan really liked them and promised to help them destroy the old ones. So the necroyr and their new buddies the C'tan went to war with the old ones.

This war wasn't such a walk in the park for the old ones, and so, to help them they created the Eldar and Rorks to fight for them. (Rorks are the possiable ancestors of Orks) and the war began. Evantually the old ones won, so the necroyr and the C'tan were banished to the darkest edges of the galaxy. But the war had been long and bitter and the Old one's empire was a wreck. The Eldar and the rorks reballed against there former masters and built an empire on the ruins of the old one's empire.

The Old one's diappeared, could have fled or destroyed were never seen again. But...in the most darkest and forgotten areas of the galaxy the necroyr were defeated and turn to there beloved gods for a answer. The necroyr wanted eternal life...and they got it...The C'tan tricked the necroyr into metal skeletons and they would never feel pain, pity, joy, love, happiness, sadness or any other emotions again. They became the necrons, the mighty armies of the C'tan whose only purpose is to serve the will of there gods.

Anyway the rorks turned stupid and became the orks, while the Eldar's empire fell to pieces before there eyes, and they like there masters, nearly died out. The Eldar now live is huge space ships called craftworlds and dream of the empire they once had, there empire died because of the chaos gods. Now they live in the warp with hordes of deamons and armies of minions in the galaxy to do there bidding. As time lingered on empires rose and fell but in the end it was the humans they got hold of the galaxy but that's another story...

I recently put this on a thread but then I thought "why I don't I put this on my own thread!" so I did, enjoy

Last edited by Greatshaper2; 18 Dec 2010 at 08:33. Reason: Spelling
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:10   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The "Rorks" were actually the Krorks.

And the eldar and them didnt rebel, the Old Ones were wiped out with barely a handful of survivors who vanished, thus leaving the 2 species to fend for themselves. Without the guidance of the Old Ones, or BrainBoyz as the Orks remember them, they simply devolved into the warlike society that they were made to be.
HappyTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2011, 13:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, my history of warhammer 40k is a little rusty around that part. but I'm sure that the Eldar did start a revolt in some way or another.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 18:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

My god, hows the fluff mauling going?

The old ones didn't go to war with the necrontyr. The Necrontyr went to war with the old ones (There is a difference, learn it). The Necrontyr were unhappy as the necrontyr had short lifespans and were jealous. The old ones weren't enemies with them and didn't do anything wrong to them. The Necrontyr were just annoyed.

Also the old ones never won the war. The old ones were simply too powerful and barricaded the Necrontyr in their Empire and merely shrugged off any attacks. In frustration the Necrontyr searched for a weapon... The C'tan. The Deceiver tricked the Necrontyr into the metal bodies while the Void Dragon enhanced all their technology. They then began attacking with the new army, this time with devstating results and the table was turned. The Necrons beat the Old ones and the old ones retreated into fortresses sieged by the necrons. The Necrons were unable to get in but the enslaver plague could. The enslavers killed the old ones. However in desparation the Ones created all manner of Warp connected races while the C'Tan did the same only with unconnected races but they never really evolved (except Tau, which is a theory). The Necrons realising they had no one left to eat went into stasis waking up to a tough all you can eat buffet.

The Eldar didn't fall because of the chaos gods they fell because they indulged themselves too much and spawned Slaanesh. Only Slaanesh affected them in the fall. Eldar also have planets not just Craftworld. Please don't tell me the hordes of deamons was in reference to the eldar.

The orks were created by a similar races which became the grots or snotlings as they were smart due to a special plant they ate but they were weak so engineered orks to protect them but the orks rebeled and destroyed said plant.

*Limited edition metal thunderhawk sock*

Unholy
Old 08 Jan 2011, 20:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
My god, hows the fluff mauling going?

The old ones didn't go to war with the necrontyr. The Necrontyr went to war with the old ones (There is a difference, learn it). The Necrontyr were unhappy as the necrontyr had short lifespans and were jealous. The old ones weren't enemies with them and didn't do anything wrong to them. The Necrontyr were just annoyed.

Also the old ones never won the war. The old ones were simply too powerful and barricaded the Necrontyr in their Empire and merely shrugged off any attacks. In frustration the Necrontyr searched for a weapon... The C'tan. The Deceiver tricked the Necrontyr into the metal bodies while the Void Dragon enhanced all their technology. They then began attacking with the new army, this time with devstating results and the table was turned. The Necrons beat the Old ones and the old ones retreated into fortresses sieged by the necrons. The Necrons were unable to get in but the enslaver plague could. The enslavers killed the old ones. However in desparation the Ones created all manner of Warp connected races while the C'Tan did the same only with unconnected races but they never really evolved (except Tau, which is a theory). The Necrons realising they had no one left to eat went into stasis waking up to a tough all you can eat buffet.

The Eldar didn't fall because of the chaos gods they fell because they indulged themselves too much and spawned Slaanesh. Only Slaanesh affected them in the fall. Eldar also have planets not just Craftworld. Please don't tell me the hordes of deamons was in reference to the eldar.

The orks were created by a similar races which became the grots or snotlings as they were smart due to a special plant they ate but they were weak so engineered orks to protect them but the orks rebeled and destroyed said plant.

*Limited edition metal thunderhawk sock*

Unholy
calm down, I only have to read the first bit to know your getting stressed...I made a few mistakes, so what?
Old 15 Jan 2011, 16:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Wow that was kinda wierd
Old 15 Jan 2011, 16:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

you need to RELAX because your getting all angry at me cos my history isn't exact and you thing "he got it wrong!! he must be annoyed in anyway possiable for no reason!!!" which i think is kinda wierd.
Old 16 Jan 2011, 16:36   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Wow! Everyone calm the fug down!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 04:22   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I may be alittle wrong but I do believe I read somewhere that it is hinted that the Lizardmen of Fantasy might be ancestors of the Old Ones or were made in the image as such. Or they could look like the statues the Lizardmen worship.

Also not too sure what was up here (seems some post got deleted) but in Unholy Harbinger's defense you did get the vast majority of the history wrong, even I'm alittle amazed at how much you seem to have forgotten or didnt know about.
ldarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2011, 10:13   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

They liked to go round the galaxy creating life and there enemys were the necroyr. They went to war with the necroyr because the necroyr have really short life-spans and were kinda miffed about that.
TheMaskman is offline   Reply With Quote