Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Lost and the Damned Codex???
Old 12 Dec 2010, 17:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default The Lost and the Damned Codex???

I heard from a member of GW staff quite a while back, that a Codex for a Lost and the Damned was being worked on. Well months have passed and no word as of yet. So it seems he was mistaken or just filling me with false hope!
I remember the awesome rules and army list from the special codex for the big world campaign of the 13th Black Crusade. I can't remember the propper title right now.
Anyway, I would love to see a full codex representing the other followers of chaos. Afterall it's not just marines that feel the taint of chaos! We read books all the time about how whole worlds fall to chaos, and whole regiments of imperial guard can turn traitor. But we still don't have a codex for them. I know you can use the imperial guard codex to play a traitor guard army. And mutants and plague zombies all appear in the Apocalypse rulebook. But it's just not good enough. I loved the ideas in the black crusade codex (I think that's what it was called, please correct me if i'm wrong!) like the way you could have a Chaos Space marine leading a unit of traitors.
I had great fun building all manner of mutants for my Black Legion Apocalypse army. I got hold of various boxes of infantry (Catachan Jungle fighters, Beastmen, Orcs, Goblins, Zombies, and the old Chaos mutation sprue) Threw all the bits in a box and then just let my imagination run wild! What I ended up with was a hideous, gibbering horde of savage mutants that complemented the army perfectly. I'd recommend this to any chaos player.
Anyway, is there any truth to this possible Lost and the Damned Codex???