Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some possible entries for a Hrud Codex idea I'm playing with
Old 22 Sep 2009, 20:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Some possible entries for a Hrud Codex idea I'm playing with

Hrud Codex Ideas

Hrud Slave

The Hrud often capture other Hrud in civil wars and hold them in a bondage we humans would call Slavery, however, it is customary to set them free if they manage to survive in battle long enough or if they serve well in other matters. This type of slavery is very important to the Hrud, and the rules are strictly enforced, as anyone can become a slave if they are captured in a raid, or if they decide to sell themselves to pay off a debt. These slaves are generally weak, poorly armored, and ill-disciplined, in battle, but they are highly motivated to fight for their freedom.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
2 3 2 2 1 4 1 5 -

Spacial Rules: Perfect Stealth, Slave’s Promise
Wargear: Close combat weapon

Hrud Shadowrunner

The Shadowrunners are Hrud that patrol and lurk the vast undercrofts and tunnels of their subterranean empires. They are tasked with protecting migrating Hrud and alerting settlements of the presence of other races. They are the basic troops of any military operation of a Hrud warlord, and they are armed with deceptively powerful Junk Rifles and a vast array of knives, swords, and claws.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 4 3 3 1 5 1 7 6+

Special Rules: Perfect Stealth,

Wargear: Junk Rifle, Knife

Hrud Assassin

The Hrud Assassin is the master class of soldiery. They are hardened veterans, they already spent years as Shadowrunners, and they know the tunnels of their empire so well that they could navigate them with both eyes closed. However, they can see in the dark quite handily, and are crack shots with their long rage rifles. In many hive-worlds, stories told to scare disobedient children often feature evil Hrud lurking in the sewers, and that they can sneak up on you unseen, and if they get their poisoned knives in you, you are as good as dead. These stories are meant to scare of course, but they hold an element of truth, as the Hrud Assassin are stealthy, fast, and deadly

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
4 4 3 3 2 6 2 8 5+

Special Rules: Perfect Stealth, Fleet of foot, Deep Strike.
Wargear:,
Hrud Sharpshooter Rifle
Poisoned Daggers
Weapons:

Junk Rifle: Range: 18” S: 4 AP: 5 Assault 2
Hrud Sniper Rifle: Range: 36” S: 5 AP: 3 Heavy 1
Poisoned Daggers: These sharp daggers give +1 Attack on the charge, so an Assassin will have +2 attacks on the charge. These daggers also count as poisoned weapons.

So... Thoughts?
Amishmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Some possible entries for a Hrud Codex idea I'm playing with

only thought I had is that if they are all so stealthy, why don't they just get away from their masters? Plenty of opportunity for a stealth troop to just sneak off and never look back.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2009, 03:31   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

True but I imagine that its also pretty tough to run away from someone with the same abilities as you... and a Gun.
Amishmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2009, 03:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

most dangerous game
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:26   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I would say the Junk Rifles are just Storm Bolters but with a 18" range instead of 24" so it would be kinda nice if it was lowered a bit.....
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Another Hrud Codex.

Well, the Hrud have been known to use plasma technology too. I know GW doesn't want to merge the 40k and the Fantasy world any more than they already have, and are still trying to split away, but they could at least release something in White Dwarf... or something.

Have you taken a look around at what other people have made?

P.S. Please use the stat line template for the stats or take the time to line them up.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 15:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

There's two ways you can go- the 'Skaven 40K' style which is basically trying to convert Fantasy Skaven into the 40K universe and rules (the former not so successfuly, as there's no mention of Warp Stones in 40K fluff). Or there's the Hrud, which are related to Skaven but are less 'Horned Rat' and more 'Light Infantry Doctrine'.

The typical Hrud armoury is quite Steampunk in style and nature. Their weapons are powerful but unwieldy musket-like creations (Gets Hot and/or Heavy), with other squads favouring Close Combat with their superior initiative (yet having weak bodies/armour) rather than risk being bogged-down with their unwieldy muskets. They sometimes (it varies with each codex) have a very low Leadership value which gets stronger with each 5 models in the unit.

Going with the 'Light Infantry Doctrine' thing, the Hrud that aren't fighting with tooth and claw will be religiously hugging cover whilst they aim their muskets (or 'fusils&#39.

One codex (the one in that link at the top of my post IIRC) had a nice tunnelling tank which could deepstrike Ravener-style.