Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rules for Tau allies
Old 07 Sep 2009, 13:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Rules for Tau allies

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone has rules for the Tau allies such as the Naga'La and Shea'Shi, and any others that aren't well known. I'll take house rules if necessary, as long as they are fair (ie. not overpowered).

Also looking for the Farsight Enclave and Gue'Vesa "codices" if anyone has them. They had links somewhere but I think those links are dead now.
CyberPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2009, 11:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Rules for Tau allies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPhoenix
Also looking for the Farsight Enclave and Gue'Vesa "codices" if anyone has them. They had links somewhere but I think those links are dead now.
On these 2, No one can help you, since they are GW copyright material. At best they can give you the reference in the book/White dwarf Magazine.

There never was any Gue'vesa codex, only rules fro Gue'vesa troops on GW website and those got removed in the switch from 4th to 5th edition since they are not legal anymore. Basically if yuo want to use Gue'vesa yuo have 2 or 3 option.

1) Build a parrallel IG army;
2) Use the 'Ally' rules to complete your Tau army with IG rules;
3) bring in a squad of Imperial guard troops (same size as Tau fire warriors) no special weapons for the same cost as a kroot hound. Sergeant and markerlight cost normal price.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2009, 11:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPhoenix
On these 2, No one can help you, since they are GW copyright material. At best they can give you the reference in the book/White dwarf Magazine.

There never was any Gue'vesa codex, only rules fro Gue'vesa troops on GW website and those got removed in the switch from 4th to 5th edition since they are not legal anymore. Basically if yuo want to use Gue'vesa yuo have 2 or 3 option.

1) Build a parrallel IG army;
2) Use the 'Ally' rules to complete your Tau army with IG rules;
3) bring in a squad of Imperial guard troops (same size as Tau fire warriors) no special weapons for the same cost as a kroot hound. Sergeant and markerlight cost normal price.
Wow. Complicated! Oh well, I'm sure something will turn up on Farsight.

Now what about the Naga'La and Shea'Shi?
Old 08 Sep 2009, 11:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

The name doesn't ring a bell, but I don't think there is any offical GW rules for them. So

as long as we are dealing with pure homebrewed rules all is ok.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2009, 11:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
The name doesn't ring a bell, but I don't think there is any offical GW rules for them. So

as long as we are dealing with pure homebrewed rules all is ok.
The Naga are lizard-like aliens, and the Shea'Shi are lion-like humanoid aliens. Both have had models done by the owner of the website Eastern Empire.

I came across "Codex: Exiled Cadre" just now. Not official GW stuff, but it looks good nonetheless. It will be very useful to me.

EDIT: According to Advanced Tau Tactica, both the Naga'La and Shea'Shi are "fan-made", and therefore unofficial. If this is so, then they are still useful as long as I can get rules for them.

Would be useless in an official tourney though.
Old 08 Sep 2009, 15:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Send a PM to Shas'el Tael over at ATT.

Shas'el Tael is Sebastian Stuart, the owner of Eastern Empire and the guy who got his Shea'shi Warriors featured in an Australian White Dwarf.

If he has any rules for them, he'll probably give them to you, but IIRC, the Naga'la and Shea'shi are simply proxies for Kroot and Fire Warrior squads.

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2009, 00:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
Send a PM to Shas'el Tael over at ATT.

Shas'el Tael is Sebastian Stuart, the owner of Eastern Empire and the guy who got his Shea'shi Warriors featured in an Australian White Dwarf.

If he has any rules for them, he'll probably give them to you, but IIRC, the Naga'la and Shea'shi are simply proxies for Kroot and Fire Warrior squads.
Thanks doombringer. PS I don't think of the Tau as communists lol.

EDIT: Just checked the Allies Matrix for official allies. The Tau don't have any actual allies as such, but the Eldar, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters can side with them if need be. Distrust not withstanding, this does open up some interesting possibilities.