Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

help with adeptus mechanicus
Old 30 Jun 2009, 23:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default help with adeptus mechanicus

hi all. just a quick question about the skitarii, the soldiers of the adeptusm mechanicus. i was wondering if anyone knows which white dwarf number the laius rift campaign was in (nid's vs admech) if so could you tell me? im thinking of starting an admech army of my own and i would like to get some ideas on what they should look like from other peoples conversions. also if you have or have seen an admech army on the web could you post a link? thanks in advance!
7/2/2

"my ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
From a painting point of view, the eldar are great, they have so many colours and patterns, hence their battle cry "TASTE THE RAINBOW!!"
i r cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2009, 23:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: help with adeptus mechanicus

Well, you can click the link in my signature to see my army. I don't know which White Dwarf you were looking at - but I know there was a campaign on the Aussie GW site a while ago that had Ad Mech in it. Unfortunately the Aussie site changed over, and the internet archive engine doesn't have the old pics - GW got rid of them permanently.

So in other words, that helps not at all. But feel free to look at what I've got and why don't you check this site out?

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2009, 04:37   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

thanks mate. my friend had that white dwarf, but he tore out the pages with all the converting info in them, and now he's lost them!! oh well... by the way your hypaspists look excellent.

on another topic, my friend and I found an adeptus mechanicus codex by the tempus fugitives. so i was wondering what official codex you would recommend for use at games-workshop, or tournaments (guard? witch-hunters?). thanks for your help anyway!
7/2/2

Quote:
From a painting point of view, the eldar are great, they have so many colours and patterns, hence their battle cry "TASTE THE RAINBOW!!"
Old 01 Jul 2009, 05:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by count cone head
hi all. just a quick question about the skitarii, the soldiers of the adeptusm mechanicus. i was wondering if anyone knows which white dwarf number the laius rift campaign was in (nid's vs admech) if so could you tell me? im thinking of starting an admech army of my own and i would like to get some ideas on what they should look like from other peoples conversions. also if you have or have seen an admech army on the web could you post a link? thanks in advance!
That I can find it is/was in the Australian WD October 2005.

I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down the Aussie WD info though. It also seemed to be a three-part campaign, but I'm not sure of the veracity of this info atm.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2009, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down the Aussie WD info though. It also seemed to be a three-part campaign, but I'm not sure of the veracity of this info atm.
[/quote]

yeah i remember reading it, it was definitely part of a series of three. is there anywhere that you can order older issues? im mostly interested in the conversion guide after the battle reports, as i seem to remember that the skitarii used were very heavily converted, lots of personalised equipment and wires and such.
7/2/2

Quote:
Old 01 Jul 2009, 13:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Quote:

yeah i remember reading it, it was definitely part of a series of three. is there anywhere that you can order older issues? im mostly interested in the conversion guide after the battle reports, as i seem to remember that the skitarii used were very heavily converted, lots of personalised equipment and wires and such.
Well there is 2 place I know where you can order them.
Ebay
and Here. They don't seem to have part 3 of Tyranid Invasion, but it's a start.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2009, 05:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
thanks mate. my friend had that white dwarf, but he tore out the pages with all the converting info in them, and now he's lost them!! oh well... by the way your hypaspists look excellent.

on another topic, my friend and I found an adeptus mechanicus codex by the tempus fugitives. so i was wondering what official codex you would recommend for use at games-workshop, or tournaments (guard? witch-hunters?). thanks for your help anyway!
I've used the Tempus Fugitives codex, but to be fair the Guard codex is just as accurate to fluff really, more fun, and it's entirely legal. I use that in all my games with my Mechanicum.

Thanks for the compliment too.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 01:57   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

here is a codex that i found on the bolter and chainsword. just to say this is not my creation someone on the chainsword made OK. hope you like and i did get permission to post it here.

[contents removed, can be found at:]
http://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/tec...mechanicus.htm
ohbob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 02:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Ohbob, seriously. Just STOP. You could have just linked it. STOP. STOP.

From what I remember, OP, the Fugitives 'dex has some great characterful stuff in it (like skimmer Russes, I believe), but you don't really lose much by just using the Guard book - and if you want to do wacky tank conversions, then any sensible player will let you go right ahead if it's clear what rules it's using
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 02:05   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

that's it. this is from bolter and chainsword not me. and the support weapons are heavy choice.
ohbob123 is offline   Reply With Quote