Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Online Grand Summer Quiz Competition: Minor Races
Old 31 May 2009, 05:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Tau Online Grand Summer Quiz Competition: Minor Races

Rules:
  • Quiz is open now until the 31 June 2009 at 12 Midnight GMT.
  • Answer the questions to the fullest. If your unsure of an answer, take a guess (or just leave blank)!
  • Submit your answers to Enderwiggin.

Questions

Easy Questions
These questions are worth 1 point each.
1. What animal does the Kroot hold to be sacred and will not allow them to be harmed if possible?
2. Name at least three alien races that are allies or part of the Tau Empire, not counting human helpers.
3. What race appears as black spheres and are capable of using the very shadows as weapons?
4. Loxatl are described as having a particularly nauseating smell. What are the two scents the odours smell like?
5. What mysterious race has battle cruisers so dangerous that even the Eldar are afraid of facing, their Ether cannon rendering the most advanced Holofields useless.
6. The ape-like Jokaero are responsible for some of the Imperiums most advanced technology. What weapons are most commonly mentioned that the Jokaero have built for the imperium?
7. Often found fighting as mercenaries, this reptilian species is noted for it's facial features, one of which resemble a canine snout. Name the race.
8. What race is directly responsible for forcing the C'Tan race into hibernation?
9. True or false. The bows and crossbows the Interex warriors carried were decorative parade weapons.
10. What minor race was dropped as a playable army due to the common opinion of the race being a "joke" race?

Hard Questions
These questions are worth 3 points each.
11. What alien animal from the swamps of Dusk will provide a full day's worth of nutrients if eaten?
12. One of the worst combat drugs are made from the intestinal tracts of this man-sized creature found in the Volg Hive.
13. What creature was revered by a cult on the world of Spectoris as a mighty sea god whose children are still rumoured to be alive?
14. What race of creatures vaguely resemble Santa Claus? Hint: The creatures have the faintest outlines of bushy white beards and bobbly hats to match their adamantium shredding claws.
15. This species is the single most illicit and forbidden substance in the Necromunda underhive. Just possessing one of these is an automatic death sentence in most settlements. What is it?

Bonus Question
If this question is correct and all of the easy questions are answered correctly, it earns you a bonus of 5 points.
16. One of the scant few artifacts for this race to occasionally come up for sale. This weapon is essentially a "plasma musket" that uses an unfathomable method to phase the plasma bolt between realspace and the warp. Who are the makers of this weapon?

Rewards
As you can see, there are 30 points up for grabs in the quiz!
  • If you get all 30 points, you get a Gold Quiz Seal.
  • If you get 24 points or more, you earn a Silver Quiz Seal.
  • If you get 18 points or more, you earn a Bronze Quiz Seal.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2009, 13:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Tau Online Grand Summer Quiz Competition: Minor Races

Unlock upon request, so that comment and suggestion may be posted. But not answers.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 16:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I just want to notify you of a recent change in the quiz timings:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Attention! It seems that I have failed to grasp the concept of Summer thus we will really run the Quiz the entire Summer so the TOGSQC will only end at the end of August 31st.
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 00:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Alright guys. Apparently, I still have to release these questions even though a grand total of 0! of you TO'ers entered my contest. While I'm disappointed, I hope future readers get something out of the quiz at least by way of the answers here. :-\

Easy Questions
1) What animal does the Kroot hold to be sacred and will not allow them to be harmed if possible?

Answer: Kroot Hawk

2) Name at least three alien races that are allies or part of the Tau Empire, not counting human helpers.

Answer: Nicassar, Kroot, Vespids, or Demiurg.

3) What race appears as black spheres and are capable of using the very shadows as weapons?

Answer: The Umbra.

4) Loxatl are described as having a particularly nauseating smell. What are the two scents the odours smell like?

Answer: Rancid milk mixed and crushed mint

5) What mysterious race has battle cruisers so dangerous that even the Eldar are afraid of facing, their Ether cannon rendering the most advanced Holofields useless.

Answer: The Fra'al/Fraal

6) The ape-like Jokaero are responsible for some of the Imperiums most advanced technology. What weapons are most commonly mentioned that the Jokaero have built for the imperium?

Answer: (Jokaero) Digi-weapons

7) Often found fighting as mercenaries, this reptilian species is noted for it's facial features, one of which resemble a canine snout. Name the race.

Answer: Tarellian dog soldier(s)

8 ) What race is directly responsible for forcing the C'Tan race into hibernation?

Answer: Enslavers/Krell/Psyrens/Dominators/Puppeteers

9) True or false. The bows and crossbows the Interex warriors carried were decorative parade weapons.

Answer: False. The warriors of Horus wrote the bows and crossbows off as decorative parade weapons, until a skirmish revealed that they could emit bolts of light fully capable of punching through Space Marine armor.

10) What minor race was dropped as a playable army due to the common opinion of the race being a "joke" race?

Answer: Squats. Or Tyranid food. Either one works. >

Hard Questions

1) What alien animal from the swamps of Dusk will provide a full day's worth of nutrients if eaten?

Answer: Ration Grubs.

2) One of the worst combat drugs are made from the intestinal tracts of this man-sized creature found in the Volg Hive.

Answer: Corpse Roach(es)

3 ) What creature was revered by a cult on the world of Spectoris as a mighty sea god whose children are still rumoured to be alive?

Answer: (The) Umbrian - These creatures are different than the Umbrals for anyone reading this. I also think GW ripped off Dagon in many ways to make this bit of fluff... :shifty:

4) What race of creatures vaguely resemble Santa Claus? Hint: The creatures have the faintest outlines of bushy white beards and bobbly hats to match their adamantium shredding claws.

Answer: Phanta Claws (Yes, this really exists. It's a Necromundan thing they did for the holidays and the damn things really are dangerous) ;D

5) This species is the single most illicit and forbidden substance in the Necromunda underhive. Just possessing one of these is an automatic death sentence in most settlements. What is it?

Answer: Icrotic slime(s)

Old 07 Sep 2009, 01:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Funny, I've had two Quiz drafts sitting in my inbox (had them partially done and awaiting further deliberation before submitting them) for about a month now.

Plain forgot to enter!

Time to compare answers!

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2009, 20:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
Funny, I've had two Quiz drafts sitting in my inbox (had them partially done and awaiting further deliberation before submitting them) for about a month now.

Plain forgot to enter!

Time to compare answers!
You make me sad in pants. You don't realize the pain I felt as I eagerly jumped on TO looking for "X new messages". :P

No biggie really, though I'd like to know what you would have scored if you didn't mind posting.

Old 08 Sep 2009, 21:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Well, this is what I had so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
Easy Questions
These questions are worth 1 point each.

1. What animal does the Kroot hold to be sacred and will not allow them to be harmed if possible?

The Kroothawk. [Correct!]

2. Name at least three alien races that are allies or part of the Tau Empire, not counting human helpers.

Nicassar, Kroot, Vespid, Demiurg, Tarellians, Hrud, Galg [Correct!]

3. What race appears as black spheres and are capable of using the very shadows as weapons?

The Umbra [Correct!]

4. Loxatl are described as having a particularly nauseating smell. What are the two scents the odours smell like?

Rancid milk and crushed mint [Correct!]

5. What mysterious race has battle cruisers so dangerous that even the Eldar are afraid of facing, their Ether cannon rendering the most advanced Holofields useless.

The Fraal. [Correct!]

6. The ape-like Jokaero are responsible for some of the Imperiums most advanced technology. What weapons are most commonly mentioned that the Jokaero have built for the imperium?

Digital weaponry. [Correct!]

7. Often found fighting as mercenaries, this reptilian species is noted for it's facial features, one of which resemble a canine snout. Name the race.

Tarellian Dog Soldiers. [Correct!]

8. What race is directly responsible for forcing the C'Tan race into hibernation?

The Enslavers. [Correct!]

9. True or false. The bows and crossbows the Interex warriors carried were decorative parade weapons.

True. [False - I was a bit confused. Went back and read Horus Rising, but couldn't find a definitive statement one way or the other, so simply said that they were decorative weapons, that had a devastating kick anyway]

10. What minor race was dropped as a playable army due to the common opinion of the race being a "joke" race?

The Squats. [Correct!]

Hard Questions
These questions are worth 3 points each.

[False for Everything Here Down]

I couldn't find the sources for any of these. Figured a lot of them were from Dark Heresy, but couldn't be bothered to read through four entire rulebooks to find the answers... :-\

I even skimmed through all the Necromunda novels I could find for 'illicit possessions' or whatever, to no avail...

If I may ask, what are the sources for these questions?

11. What alien animal from the swamps of Dusk will provide a full day's worth of nutrients if eaten?

12. One of the worst combat drugs are made from the intestinal tracts of this man-sized creature found in the Volg Hive.

13. What creature was revered by a cult on the world of Spectoris as a mighty sea god whose children are still rumoured to be alive?

14. What race of creatures vaguely resemble Santa Claus? Hint: The creatures have the faintest outlines of bushy white beards and bobbly hats to match their adamantium shredding claws.

15. This species is the single most illicit and forbidden substance in the Necromunda underhive. Just possessing one of these is an automatic death sentence in most settlements . What is it?

Bonus Question
If this question is correct and all of the easy questions are answered correctly, it earns you a bonus of 5 points.

16. One of the scant few artifacts for this race to occasionally come up for sale. This weapon is essentially a "plasma musket" that uses an unfathomable method to phase the plasma bolt between realspace and the warp. Who are the makers of this weapon?
I also started working on the TO Grand Summer Quote Quiz - if you want I'll go post there too. ;D

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2009, 23:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

11 and 12 are from Dark Heresy. More specifically the Inquisitors handbook.

I remember 13 being from one of the Dark Heresy books and (at the time since I didn't have all of the books) it was either from the first three Dark Heresy books (Core, IH, or DotDG).

14 was from the two Christmas themed missions/scenarios for Necromunda. I particularly liked that scenario since you could get a cyber mastiff. >

15 Was from either the rogue traders market or creature expansion scenarios for Necromunda. Both underlined the dangers of owning those buggers.

Bonus question... Well, Zenai has asked us not to reveal them because they will be used again. :P

Old 07 Mar 2011, 11:12   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

This species is the single most illicit and forbidden substance in the Necromunda underhive. Just possessing one of these is an automatic death sentence in most settlements.
TheMaskman is offline   Reply With Quote