Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Mercenaries....
Old 13 May 2009, 02:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Kroot Mercenaries....

Been thinking of starting a small army of them, purely out of the love of kroot and the great possibilities of modeling. Just have a couple of questions:

-What steps would you take to convert some of the Carnivores to Vulture kindred or others?

-With the Hyper Active Nymune Organ (didn't spell that correctly), what would be some tips for modeling new adaptations? (like an Ork boy perhaps)

-Another question about adaptations, Do they incorporate any of the stats of the host? i.e. If the kroot is an Ork hybrid does he benefit from the orks improved toughness and as a tradeoff would he also suffer the -1 strength or what?

My questions aren't that clear as i had a hard time accurately portraying them as it is an odd topic, but any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13 May 2009, 12:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Kroot Mercenaries....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshenq
Been thinking of starting a small army of them, purely out of the love of kroot and the great possibilities of modeling. Just have a couple of questions:

-What steps would you take to convert some of the Carnivores to Vulture kindred or others?
Provided that you keep them for friendly games, since they are not legal anymore, Kroot Mercs can be quite fun.

For the wings it depends. some people uses the Dark elf Harpies' and you can get those as bits from GW, I (and some others) personally prefer the wings of the Chaos Deamon furies (fast attack). -see my avatar-

Quote:
-With the Hyper Active Nymune Organ (didn't spell that correctly), what would be some tips for modeling new adaptations? (like an Ork boy perhaps)
I don't know. it's a genetic modification. I would simply inform my opponent of that.

Quote:
-Another question about adaptations, Do they incorporate any of the stats of the host? i.e. If the kroot is an Ork hybrid does he benefit from the orks improved toughness and as a tradeoff would he also suffer the -1 strength or what?
Nope. IIRC he get a toughness bonus and something else. It's on page 2 of the Kroot mini codex, right hand column they explain what ork hybrid does.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2009, 17:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

For all of the evolutionary adaptations (of which, you may have only one at a time, for the entire army), you pay additional points per kroot, depending on what the evolution is.

Ork Hybrid: boost Toughness
Fast Reflexes: boost Initiative
Nocturnal: Good for night combat
Sixth Sense: affect Templates and blasts hits on you
Bold: boost leadership
Chameleon: Grant cover save (when in the open)

The Hyperactive Nymune organ adaptation is more of an internal thing, but can be easily modeled as "veins" bulging on the throat and limbs, or certain other alterations.

Let's take the specific and point cost away. It is still IP material.
Boneguard
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2009, 22:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow, thanks guys for the responses. Seems my questions were too easy ;D
i found the white dwarf issue and i have the chapter approved printed out now so i should be pretty good. Thanks for the help.

Stinks you can only have 1 adaptation for the whole army, varying units of kroot would be pretty sweet
Old 17 May 2009, 12:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

There is an apocalypse formation for kroot mercs on the GW site...

Here it is:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...ercenaries.pdf
Old 17 May 2009, 12:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Yeah, but like every other Data sheet, it's only usable for Apocalypse Game and it is not meant or balanced for 40K games.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote