Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

(Important!) Minor Races - Board Rules
Closed Thread
Old 02 Feb 2009, 21:49   #1 (permalink)
Anton

Default (Important!) Minor Races - Board Rules

Heya,

Hello and welcome to the Minor Races board of Tau Online, a collective area where those races you don't normally hear of in the Warhammer 40,000 are discussed. In a universe as big as Warhammer 40,000 there will be numerous, lesser Races forging their own Empires between the warring, larger Races of the Galaxy. These Races, like the Lost and the Damned, the Eldar Exodites and Kroot Mercenaries are all very real and each one of these Minor Races play their part in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe, yet they are not popular enough to warrant an official Codex and Models. However do not worry! In the Minor Races board like-minded Hobbyists share the same curiosity as to who, what, where and why the Minor Races exist, and if so how do you collect an army of them!

As the Minor Races board is rather unique to the traditional army boards of Tau Online, unique rules are necessary to keep this board in order and ensure that it serves it purpose. The following rules are to be taken seriously and respected whilst posting in the Minor Races board; I will be enforcing these rules as I do the Forum Rules, so these rules will also carry the same consequences as the Forum Rules when broken.

[hr]

Minor Races - Board Rules:

• As expected, all members are to abide by the Forum Rules that encompass the entire Forum.
  • An excellent quality of spelling and grammar is expected of all members, discussions can be ruined by indecipherable posts.
  • Swearing, foul language, racist remarks and insulting remarks are not permitted in the Forum, and most certainly not in this Board. Children and minors can access this Forum, the Moderators, Global Moderators and Administrators could be held responsible for inappropriate behaviour that is witnessed by a child or minor.
  • All members are expected to treat eachother and their opinions with respect, we understand that there can be differences of opinion and that people can be wrong, however treating other members with insulting remarks or disrespect will not be tolerated.
  • If you are warned or informed of inappropriate behaviour by a Moderator, you are expected to respect that Moderator's decision and cooperate fully to reslove the situation as calmly as possible. However failure to cooperate with a Moderator or treating them with disrespect will only make the situation worse and will result in more severe consequences. We understand that you have the right to question a Moderator's decision, however if the boundary between reasonable questioning and outright personal attacks is crossed you effectively forfeit your argument and bring unto yourself severe consequences.
  • You can only discuss and share ideas about the Minor Races in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. This excludes the discussion of your own House Rules, made-up Races or any Race that has not, in any way, been officially associated with the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. Any such Topics and Posts will be removed.
  • When discussing a Minor Race that does not have its Developed Army List in the Important Topics Sticky, you must provide a genuine, developed Army List and proof that said race is linked to the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. Any Topics or Posts that are classed as House Rules or not genuine will be removed.

[hr]

I hope you find the Minor Races board a useful resource, if you have any queries, opinions or thoughts on these rules or anything in general about this board, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM: Boneguard.

Old 17 Apr 2009, 15:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: (Important!) Minor Races - Board Rules

A gentle reminder and a few things to consider and remember:

1) Anton already mention proper it: grammar and punctuation. Remember L33T and chat speak are never allowed on this forum.
2) Avoid one-liners. Take the time to write a proper reply. Proper guideline can be found here.
3) Tau Online strive to respect IP and Copyright material. Which means that you do not ask, post of offer to send privately specific game stats -Unless they are 100% home cooked: in which case they should be in House rules not here,- that belong to Games Workshop, Forge World or other official subsidiary of GW as mention by Anton in his 6th point.
4) Don't revive old thread if you have nothing constructive to add: this is threadomancy and is seriously frown upon.
5) Polls: Usually they are not required. If you do a poll, make sure they respect the guideline found here.
6) Illegal material is not allowed.
7) Creating a post for the sole purpose of advertising another website is not allowed. However putting the link in your signature to advertise is allowed.
8) Double posting: Don't. We have an edit button, please use it. This also appllies to posting the same thread in 2 or more board, this is not allowed. If you posted in the wrong place a mod will move it.

As always breach of our rules will lead to warning, smite and potentially banning in the case of the worse/recidivist offender.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 12 Dec 2009, 20:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: (Important!) Minor Races - Board Rules -MUST BE READ- dec 12th, 2009

Alright, quick reminded: proper grammar is a must.

I don't mind the occasional mistakes, but recently we're noticed some slacking off from some members -especially in the Capitalization department. If you do not improve your grammar, I will have to take action.

Consider yourself warned.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Closed Thread