Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2500 Pt Ad Mech list for TF Codex
Old 23 Jan 2009, 23:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 2500 Pt Ad Mech list for TF Codex

As some of you may know Aureus, Bondzy, Puppyeater and I are planning a 2v2 game here soon. We have all agreed to disclose our lists ahead of time, and we can only make minor changes between when we post them and when the game actually happens. So here is mine...

HQ-
Skitarii Consul: Power Fist, Meltabombs
Skitarii Consul: Power Weapon, Servo-Arm

Troops-
Hypaspist Century
Unit #1 - 10 men, Power Weapon, Heavy Gravitron Gun, Gravitron Gun, Meltabombs
Unit #2 - 10 men, Meltabombs, Meltagun
Rhino Maniple
Rhino #1, 2 - Electro Hull, Extra Armour, Rough Terrain (Hypaspists mounted in these)

Elites-
Praetorian Maniple & Auxilia:
Maniple: 12 men, Power Weapon, 2 Gravitron Guns, Mounted in Termite
Auxilia: 5 men, 3 Assault Cannons, 2 Plasma Cannons, 1 Chainfist, Mounted in Land Raider Crusader
Praetorian Maniple & Auxilia:
Maniple: 12 men, Meltabombs, 2 Meltaguns, Mounted in Termits
Auxilia: 5 men, 3 Multi-meltas, 2 Assault Cannons, 1 Chainfist, Mounted in Land Raider
Cybernetica Cohort: 4 Robots, Mounted in Termite
Robot 1 - Lascannon & Power Weapon
Robot 2,3 - Missile Launcher & Power Weapon
Robot 4 - 2 Heavy Bolters

Heavy-
Land Raider: Extra Armour
Land Raider Crusader: Extra Armour
Leman Russ: Battle Cannon, Plasma Cannon, Assault Cannons, Electro Hull, Insectomorphic, Extra Armour, Rough Terrain

Any comments?

F-C

Reductor General Aetos and the Ad Mech - Ordnance like rain.

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Full-choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 00:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 2500 Pt Ad Mech list for TF Codex

Unfortunately not many people play Ad Mech, so you won't get many responses.

I think it looks really kick-ass though, and those Cybernetica promise to be plenty of fun to play with once they come on the table...

Looks good, see about getting pictures if you can, and at the very least a battle report.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 01:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea, I realize that. I posted it more so for my friends that I am playing in the game to see.

There is definitely going to be a full-fledged battle report on this one. That was the original point of the game, we are each going to write a "fluffy" battle report from a point of perspective in the game. I am hoping to be able to get some good picture of everything in action. The only thing that I can't promise is that everything is going to be painted. That I don't think is going to happen sadly...

F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Old 24 Jan 2009, 18:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Looks decent. I'll have to make a 1:1 comparison to the codex to understand some of the units. My only comment is that I'm pretty sure that the Magos Prime is a 1 for HQ so that you have to include one. I might be reading it wrong though.

3 Land Raiders is going to be nasty though.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 21:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, it's a 1 choice, so you need at least one but no more than one.

Even so, it isn't worth not taking one. They're pretty damn good! And it shouldn't take too much work to incorporate one in, given points.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2009, 04:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Okay, did some thinking and I've come up with ideas. I'm probably going to regret doing this, but whatever, it's just a game right? :P

Firstly, the list. Drop the first Skitarii Council to take your Magos. Make the Magos Militaris so that you can take a Praetorian as a Troops selection.

Now, run your 2 Hypaspists as a 1:1 with 2 Sagatarii (like we talked about) and one of your Praetorians as troops. Then you can pick up maybe another couple Sagatarii (and/or Hypaspists) to fill out some troops choices. Since the Hypaspists's Sagatarii units don't come from your Troops allowance, they're not scoring (like Lesser Daemons for me)...so with 2 Hypaspists & a Praetorian...that's only 3 scoring units. There will be 7 objectives. So I think you need some more troops. Bondzy is only running 5 scoring units.

By moving your Praetorians to a troops slot, you can take another Elite choice if you'd like (and if you have the points).

Since you're going for a mech list, your goal really needs to be on being flexible and tactically focused rather than hard hitting and durable. So if I were you, I'd bulk up on a few more scoring units, build out my fire support base and spread my objectives out a little bit more. The Chaos list is forming up to be pretty slow (and Puppyeater's stuff will be no exception). So if you've got speed on your side, use it. Make us work to capture your objectives and build a list that can mobilize and isolate our units. Sure S3 flashlights aren't going to kill many Plague Marines, but you're not paying 20+ points each for those guys either.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2009, 11:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea, honestly, that game was kind of a shocked to me. I might try and smooth that list out considerably today. It scared me to see how little my Hypsapists really did in that game. I realized they were carrying hellguns but wow, they were pretty much worthless. I think you are right though, try and run praetorians as troops, that might help considerably on the Elites side, making it much easier to try and kick some butt...

F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

Old 26 Jan 2009, 12:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Revised list, I think I like this one much better...EDITED 2:07 PM FOR CHANGES

Magos Prime: Digital Weapons, Servo-Harness, Militaris (135)
Tech Magos Cabal: Digital Weapons (120)
Centaur: Extra Armour, Electro Hull, Rough Terrain (85)

Hypaspist Century: Meltagun, Meltabombs now removed (110)
Rhino: Extra Armour, Electo Hull (85)

Praetorian Maniple: 10 Men, 2 Meltaguns, Meltabombs (145)
Rhino: Extra Armour, Electro Hull (85)

Praetorian Auxilia 5 Men, 3 Assault Cannons, 2 Plasma Cannons (195)
Skitarii Consul: Power Weapon (65)
Land Raider Crusader: Extra Armour (255)

Hypaspist Century: Grav Gun (105)
Termite (50)

Hypaspist Century: Grav Gun (105)
Termite (50)

Praetorian Maniple: 12 Men, 2 Grav Guns (152)
Termite (50)

Praetorian Auxilia: 5 Men, 2 Assault Cannons, 3 Multi-meltas (175)
Land Raider: Extra Armour (250)

Cybernetica Cohort: 4 Robots, 4 Power Weapons, 2 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannons (230)
Termite (50) All now removed

Removed points have been replaced by:
Reductor Thunderfire Maniple: 3 Cannons (285)

Total is 2,502...add it all up and double check me if you want guys, but I think I edited it properly.

Once again, no troops on at the start of the board. 2 deep striking termites, 1 coming in on reserves (which will it be :-X ???). Also, I like the fact that I focused a lot more on troops and trying to keep them mobile, keep my options open...that kind of thing. I think I am going to stick with this one between now and the game on the 7th. I added the Thunderfire for kicks and giggles really. I don't know how well it will help but I got to thinking and had some crazy ideas...I think they will make an interesting game even more fun.

F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2