Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Arbites Modeling Questions
Old 12 Jan 2009, 08:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Arbites Modeling Questions

I am starting to collect an arbites army based on the BoLS precinct, I am fine with everything exept two things, The Shock team Suppression shield and shock maul.

First the maul, BoLS sugests using some spare stikkbomz from your local ork player, the problem is that my only local ork player plays a Tankbustaz of Mork army (so no spare stikkbomz). Even Bitzbox has only 2 plastic ones in stock and I don't want to buy the metal pack for 8 or so and only have 4 usable stikkbomz. I was thinking of using a plastic round shaft and a Greenstuff blob on the end but it doesn't look nearly as good, any suggestions welcome.

Second the Suppression Shield, no one on the internet seems to sell 1/50 (or anything near it) riot shields, BoLS suggests using the laminated curved plasticard trick but it doesn't seem easy to do, so and suggestions welcome on this too.

Last I had an idea to show rank in arbites, Proctors (sergeants) have tiny helmet wings, marshalls (captains) have medium sized ones and slightly more gold on the armour and Judges (chapter masters) have huge helmet wings and lots of gold and detailing on the armour, would this go with arbites fluff because I think it would be a cool way of making them stand out on the battlefield.

Rmyr

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Shasau Rmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2009, 10:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Arbites Modeling Questions

Have you seen Grandpa Ducky's Arbites? They're in his 'Da Big Ork Blog' in the Project Logs board. You can see the specific Arbites posts here, here, and here.

I am in the process of doing some Arbites myself (like you, I'm using the BOLS army list, but I'm also planning on making the army compatible with the Witch Hunters army list for people who don't like fan-made Codexes) and I'm unashamedly stealing some of GD's modelling ideas. I'm using the Scout arms and legs + Cadian torso and head for the models and the Bretonnian Men-at-Arms shields for Riot/Supression Shields. As I suggested in that post, I'm intending to use Space Marine Terminator Thunder Hammers (trimmed down) as Shock/Power Mauls. I'm also lucky enough to have purchased several boxes of the Necromunda Enforcers Patrol Team, so I'll have some additional Maul and Shields from there, too.

Hope this helps!
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 13:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I just use the old Arbite models. The Enforcer Models and lots of Scout Biker parts. I use Tomb Guard Shields for Supression Shield on my models who use the Crusader rules.

'I'm also planning on making the army compatible with the Witch Hunters army list for people who don't like fan-made Codexes'

Ive actually done just that and have it posted up in here somewhere.

Old 13 Jan 2009, 20:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the replies- I've sorted the problems.

Mauls are 2.5mm plastic rods (not hollow) with trimmed down mortar ammo on the end, looks more like a ''stunning weapon that can be set to Kill'' rather than the stikkbomb style ''Killing weapon that can be set to stun''.

Shields are a break of luck I had, when I was in my local Homebase looking for some supplies for my Modular Terrain Board when I saw a sale basket with some transparent PVC pipes in, I went over to have a look and saw that the pipes were thin enough to cut and small enough to look slightly curved when put on a small model, I bought 5 and have cut one up for shields and they work BRILLIANTLY, small vision slit drillknifed into them and a symbol fron the space marine commander set on the front and they look amazing.

I am planning to have 3 large shock-squads as an imposing shieldwall and small-but-nippy arbitrator squads harrasing the enemy, sharpshooters holding objectives (or shooting the frak out of the enemy in annahilation) and bikers ''Units Inbound''ing round the side of enemy armour with breaching charges (meltabombs), marshall with shocks and psi-marshall horrich <- spelt wrong (psi marshall special char) with bikes.

I'll keep this thread open as a project log,

Rmyr

Edit: Green Stuff on my first 2 arbites seems perfect, 20 more arbites arriving saturday 17th

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Old 08 Feb 2009, 16:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Right, sorry for the long wait, But now I have:
2, 5 man squads with proctor with breaching charges and arbitrator with heavy flamer.
1, 10 man shock squad with 2 proctors with power mauls and breaching charges
Suppression platform with twin linked heavy bolter.
Suppression platform with arbites heavy grenade launcher.
Marshall with power maul, suppression shield and breaching charges

All assembled, converted, greenstuffed, undercoated and 1 shock arbitrator painted

Will post pics later today or tomorrow

Judge Rmyr