Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Adeptus Mechanicus - Who here plays them?
Old 05 Jan 2009, 01:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Adeptus Mechanicus - Who here plays them?

Hello, I am new on here. I just wanted to get a feel for anyone who might play / have interest in playing the Adeptus Mechanicus. I play the Huckleberry list (sort of). I used it for the first time this week and to be honest it wasn't much of a force. I am looking forward to trying to get them out on the table a little more this month.

If anyone else runs that codex I would be really interested to see how well it plays. It seems to me like it would play well if put in the right hands. I wanted to play them from the beginning but figured a supported army might be something a little better to start on. Now that I have been playing for a while I figure I might be able to use them well. I have about 3k points worth of stuff just for Ad Mech and prolly another 1.5k in other models painted up for use in Apoc from other bouts of the Imperium.

Looking forward to seeing who is out there,
F-C

Reductor General Aetos and the Ad Mech - Ordnance like rain.

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Full-choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 14:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Adeptus Mechanicus - Who here plays them?

I play Mechanicus, but I found the Huckelberry codex just isn't any good for anything. I suggest using either Guard or the Tempus Fugitives codex. See the link in my sig if you want to see my Mechanicus log (shameless plug), and I'd love to see your models too. Not many of us, but damn our armies look good ;D

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 15:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I will try to take somepics of them sometime here soon. I have a few things on photo like...

My scratch built Warhound Titan...

The models surrounding my Titan are Electro-Priests (Left), and Skitarii (Right). I am using the old Storm Trooper models for Skitarii and Praetorians are modelled from the Vostroyan models. They look oddball and kind of augmented, which is what I like. The Electro Priests are some old robed models I had laying around that I modded out, they look pretty good.

And my datasheet tank the Cerberus (currently getting refined after it;s first game this week)...

See, I have heard of people playing under Guard or Inquisition, but never Tempus Fugitives, how would that work as far as units? I have never had the count-as codex thing fully explained. Any help would be nice as I think the Ad Mech is sweet and I would love to play by them!

Thanks,
F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Old 05 Jan 2009, 19:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/pdf...Mechanicus.pdf

Check it out - it's a Fandex for the Ad Mech that's been approved for use at Warhammer World for some of their Campaign Weekends. I figure, approved for use at GW HQ of the world means approved for use at the local GW with permission from the other player (normally the staff would shut it down REAL quick, but in my case the manager loves me and my new army, so...)

If it doesn't come up you'll have to sign up for the site, it's no biggie, they don't send you things or give out e-mail or anything, so it's worry-free. Enjoy! Oh, and chances are good you'll like it a lot better than the Huckelberry Codex.

Old 05 Jan 2009, 20:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Holy smokes, you literally just gave me a birthday present!!! Considering it is tomorrow, and I will be reading this thoroughly over the next week, you just made a good friend. This is awesome, and it is sooooo much cleaner and well put together compared to the Huckleberry list. This is amazing and most definitely made my day, and likely my week! Thanks soooo much, can't be happier right now!

F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

Old 06 Jan 2009, 01:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I was looking through the codex you linked for me tonight and tried to come up with models. I am trying not to have to buy new models for the things I have already bought. This will help a bunch on the finances for switching to the new codex. So, here is what I have for the none modeled units:

Hypaspist Century - Vostroyans
Sagittarii Maniple - Vostroyan Heavy Weapons Teams
Menials - ?????

Myrmidon Engines - ?????
Robots - Tau Battlesuits
Praetorian Maniple - Old Imperial Storm Troopers
Praetorian Auxilia - ?????

Electro Priests - Electro Priests already modeled
Velites Maniple - Robed Jump Troops (likely Dark Angel models) or something Imp Guard with Grav Chutes

Land Crawler - ?????
Thunderfire - Thunderfire Cannon

**EDIT** Add on:
Tech Magos Cabal - ?????
Archmagos Veneratus - ?????

I couldn't come up with models for those two either...

So, any help on the missing ones would be helpful. I'm not sure what to put in there as they are difficult to decide what to model them out of. I'm afraid some of them are going to have to be complete scratch builds but that's the name of the game. I haven't compiled a list on HQ yet, but I think I can come up with those easy enough.

Thanks,
F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

Old 06 Jan 2009, 14:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

menials are basic humans with two hand weapons - try the Empire Militia box. Praetorian Auxilia are pretty much bionic Ogryn. A Land Crawler is a land raider with legs, with the inside gutted and replaced with a Xeno Dissecting lab. Note that it's open-topped. A Tech magos cabal is a bunch of Techpriests, and an Archmagos Vereratus can be represented by the Inquisitor Karamov model (or whomever, the one riding the big walking chair) but with a Techpriest on top instead of the Inquisitor.

That's about as much as I can help. I'll try to come up with something for the Myrmidon Engines when I get home.

Old 06 Jan 2009, 14:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok, thanks for the pointers on that, you think I could mod the Auxilia out of some Terminators? Seems like they would look a little more bionic, some already have Assault Cannons. Just do some modding to some arms and such and I should be in good shape right? I think it would be a little cheaper in the end too, or at least should be ($50 for 5 rather then $20 for 1).

And the whole land crawler thing still doesn't make sense...not seeing it, lol. If you happen to have one modded out that would be sweet, I'm finiding it hard to visualive what that one would look like. Everything else seems to make sense when it comes to what I would need.

Thanks,
F-C

Wins Losses Draws
Ad Mech 0 3 2

Old 06 Jan 2009, 21:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

You people have no idea what a Land Crawler really is. A Land Crawler is basically a large tractor, used mainly for farming. The Brünnehilde developed during the Krieg civil war was created from Land Crawlers.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 23:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

We're going by the definition given in the Cult Mechanicus fandex, which I would assume to be a modified Land Crawler used by the Divisio Biologis of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Basically though, it's an open-topped Land Raider with Defiler Claws and a laboratory inside of it, going from the Tempus Fugitives definition. According to them, it was made from the Land Raider design, being that the Land Crawler and Land Raider were both developed by Arkhan Land.

That's what I got out of the little fluff blurb in the codex. I'm inclined to believe that most of the fluff is accurate at least, given it's the leading Ad Mech fandex around and GW has sanctioned it for Campaign Weekends at Warhammer World. I mean, it has to have some truth to it.

Oh, and the Myrmidon Assault Engines are essentially Dreadnought. But try not to make them look like Dreadnoughts.