Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Exodite Codex Project
Old 18 Aug 2008, 02:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Exodite Codex Project

Here's the thread I promised. I hope recursivecoin doesn't mind me doing this!

A list of proposed Exodite units.
HQ
Athe-sier, an Exodite lord
An Exodite psyker.

Elites
Dragon Knights
a powerful infantry unit
maybe a tankbusting unit.
Harlequins as in Codex: Eldar

Troops
The four types mentioned in the fluff thread

Fast Attack
a raptor-mounted unit. Maybe we could count this as a bikes unit due to raptors being faster than Dragons
A scouting unit
Hired Corsair vehicles
Pteradons

Heavy Support
Megadons
Hired Corsair Tanks
More Megadons

I would like to see different people taking different aspects of the force and putting it all together at the end. It's quicker that way. If we go ahead with this idea, I would like to design the Fast Attack units if you guys are O.K with all of this.
Much luck!

Avalon

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
-A very clever person

Haemonculi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 01:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Exodite Codex Project

I will work on the core troops given the format below:

Warriors 0-6
Raiders 0-1
Scouts 0-1
Sentries 0-1

And then:
Combat Clan: Warriors get pistol/ccw upgrade for free
Dragon Clan: get Raiders unrestricted
Stealth Clan: get Scouts unrestricted
Shooty Clan: get Sentries unrestricted

Then others can tackle the different clans as they like.

What is going to be the basic profile of an Exodite?

WS-3
BS- 3
S- 3
T- 4
W- 1
I- 4
A- 1
Ld- 7
Sv- +6

?
Old 19 Aug 2008, 03:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Rightey-ho!

I like the idea for the four main troops choices, but I still don't like the idea of making Raiders, Scouts and Sentries 0-1 unless you take a specific clan. I would suggest having no restrictions on Troop choices at all, but the Exodite players can still create a clan force at thier own discretion. The idea for the +1 Pt upgrade to pistol and CCW is good, but is it really worth it? Also, what about Rangers? I don't want to interfere too much in your troops making, so thats it for that!

Your basic Exodite profile is good, but I'm hoping that I1 is just a typo! Ld8 would also suit them better.
Replying to your other post in the Fluff thread, I thought by crossbow you meant full rustic, twang!, hiss, arrow thing. I like the idea of an Exodite crossbow firing high-tech projectiles.
The Ring Rifle would be Assault, and have the same range as a Shuricat, but I'm thinking maybe we could create a 24" Rapid Fire weapon for the Sentries, and use the 12" version for Warriors and Raiders.

Getting on, here's my initial plan for some Fast Attack units...
Raptor Knights X Points/Model
Although often regarded as a joke amongst the more highly respected Dragon Knights, the Raptor Knights are an invaluable asset to any Exodite army. They operate forward, in and behind enemy lines, causing havoc, wiping out enemy scouts and finally launching devastating attacks on the enemy's rear lines.
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Points[/td][td]WS[/td][td]BS[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Raptor Knight[/td][td]**[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]8/9[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[table][tr][td]Chief Knight[/td][td]**[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]8/9[/td][td]4+[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 4-9 Raptor Knights and 1 Chief Knight
[/td]

[td]Wargear:
  • Knight Lance
  • Ring Pistol
[/td]

[td]Options:
  • Need
  • Help
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Bikes
[/td]

[td]Character:
  • The unit includes a Chief Knight. The Chief Knight may exchange its Knight Lance for a power weapon for free, or a Raptor Lance for +5 Pts
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • Raptor: Raptor Knights ride on Raptors. Due to thier speed, Raptor Knights count as Bikes, but they do not have to take a Dangerous Terrain test when would otherwise be necessary.
  • Infiltrate
[/td]

[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
Knight Lance: +2 S on the charge.
Raptor Lance: +2 S and power weapon on charge

I'm still working on the scouting unit, although they will have a choice of being mounted on Dragons (makes them tougher) or on Raptors (makes them faster).

0-1 Hired Corsair Vehicle: an Exodite force may take a single squadron of either Corsair Vypers or Mockingbirds, as listed in the TOdex created by Wargamer. I cant find the link right now, maybe Wargamer would help me here?

Pteradon/Phoenix riders X Points/Model
The fabled Phoenix riders train for years amongst the glorious birds on which they ride. Each rider has been training with thier Phoenix for many years, so they fly into battle as almost one entity. They are also one of the few Exodite sects that accept mixed genders, as it is skill they value more than strength. In battle, they are near fearless, swooping recklessly close to enemy formations to bombard them with fire, and even so close to stab at them with thier Sky Spears. Enemies fear them, with good cause, for when fighting from the front, you very rarely look up...
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Points[/td][td]WS[/td][td]BS[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rider[/td][td]**[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]9[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[table][tr][td]Rider Champion[/td][td]**[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 2-9 Riders and one Champion
[/td]

[td]Wargear:
  • Ring Rifle(Assault 2)
  • Sky Spears
[/td]

[td]Options:
  • The entire unit may take the Skyleap power as listed in Codex: Eldar for +30 Pts
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Jump Infantry
[/td]

[td]Character:
  • The unit comes with a Champion. She may exchange her Ring Rifle for the long-range RF one for free.
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • Phoenixes: the Exodite Phoenixes are exceptionally graceful and fast when in flight. As such, they move as Jump Infantry, but may move up to 18", and may hover above terrain like a Jetbike.
  • Fly as One: The phoenix riders fly as one with thier mounts. As such, they can co-ordinate thier attacks with supreme efficiency. They can make use of the Deep Strike rule. However, if any member of the unit lands off the board or ontop of an enemy unit, only the ones that actually land off the board or on a foe are killed. The others act as they normally would having just come in from DS
[/td]

[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

Still looking for people to do HQ(TGW?), Elites and Heavy Support, and eager for feedback from you guys about the above units. I've deliberately left the points blank due to the earliness of the progress.

Avalon

-A very clever person

Old 01 Sep 2008, 19:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

TROOPS

Warriors-
Most Exodite Clans want to avoid direct confrontation with other races. However, they are keenly aware their home worlds need protecting from the many threats of the 41st century. The warriors are often the backbone of Exodite War-parties.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 4 1 4 1 8 +5

Squad: 5-10

Type: Infantry

Weapons: Ring Rifle or Ring Pistol and CCW

Options: any ideas?

Special: Fleet

Scouts-
Most Exodite Clans are nomadic and rely heavily stealth and cunning.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 4 1 4 1 8 +6

Weapons: Ring Rifle

Options: +10 points per model can replace Ring Rifle with Sniper Rifle. +3 points per model can add stealth (+1 to cover saves)

Special: Scout, Fleet, Move Through Cover.

Sentries-
Some Exodite Clans have regular contact with Craftworld Eldar. These Clans often acquire more advanced weaponry. These advanced weapons are given to the best Exodite Warriors.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
4 4 3 4 1 4 1 8 +4

Weapons: Shurekin Catapult

Options: any ideas?

Special: Fleet

Raiders-
Many Exodite Clans rely on mounted units to hunt for resources or raid enemy territory. Raiders are mounted on vicious large lizards called Coldones (The benefits of using the Coldones in combat are included in the profile.)

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3(4) 4(5) 1 4 1(2) 8 +4

Type: Cavalry

Weapons: Ring Rifle

Options: ??

Special: Furious Charge

Old 02 Sep 2008, 09:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

looks good!
Options: I'm stuck as well. I'd upgrade the unit size for Warriors from 5-10 to 5-20. Maybe include a heavy weapon choice...
Ring Cannon
[table][tr][td]Range[/td][td]Strength[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]36"[/td][td]7[/td][td]3[/td][td]Heavy 2[/td][/tr][/table]
Ring gyro-cannon
[table][tr][td]Range[/td][td]Strength[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]36"[/td][td]6[/td][td]4[/td][td]Heavy 3[/td][/tr][/table]
Penetrator Cannon (I've always wanted to use that name...)
[table][tr][td]Range[/td][td]Strength[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]48"[/td][td]8[/td][td]2[/td][td]Heavy 1, Lance[/td][/tr][/table]

With the Coldones, are they like a different kind of Dragon/raptor or what?
Now realistically, we need more people to chip in. I'm going to PM some of the people who contributed to the Fluff thread.

Avalon

-A very clever person

Old 02 Sep 2008, 19:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

T4 eldar? or are the trops all mounted?

For a 'nomadic' army, it has lot of heavy weapons...

Also might be an Idea to introduce a 0 - 1 looted vehicle?

Sorry, I am not very good at thinking positive points.... :-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
With the Coldones, are they like a different kind of Dragon/raptor or what?
I imagine that they would be rather like the Cold Ones in fanatasy, no?

Also, don't be surprised if this doesnt get much notice, this is in the minor races board, which has very minor traffick. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 07:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Right then...

This topic hasn't got much attention, so I'm going to PM everybody who has volunteered to help with this, and try and get it finished in one big go, preferably before the 13th (when I have to go back to my God-awful school).

Apocrypha

-A very clever person

Old 05 Oct 2008, 14:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

what are we going to call the squad leaders.

what kind of special weapons should we use.
flammers, plasma guns...????

what about armory?
Old 06 Oct 2008, 04:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Exodite leaders are called Cheifs or Cheiftains, so maybe use cheif as squad leaders and cheiftains as ICs.
Special weapons. I'd use maybe meltas and maybe a rending weapon, but not flamers, as the Exodites would not like to damage their prettiful home.
Heavy weapons, maybe try and use the three mentioned by me earlier.
[hr]
Here's a little armoury I knocked up in five minutes or so...
Exodite Weapons List

Exodite armour: Grants a 5+ armour save.
Carapace armour: Grants a 4+ armour save.
Dragonscale armour: Grants a 3+ armour save.
Spiritguard armour: Grants a 4+ Invulnerable save.
Spiritshield: Grants a 5+ Invulnerable save.
Power Weapon: I’d hope you’d know…
Spiritsword: counts as a witchblade.
Spiritbow: is a shooting weapon with the following profile:
[table][tr][td]Range[/td][td]Strength[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]12”[/td][td]X(1)[/td][td]6[/td][td]Assault 2/Heavy 3[/td][/tr][/table]
Always wounds on a 2+.
Dragon Talisman: a waystone which was placed on a dragon, and which now contains the spirit of the dragon. It is worn as jewellery, and can bestow unusual dragon-like physical attributes onto the user. They gain +1 S, T and armour save.

A couple more to come when my imagination dictates.
[hr]
Also, I got together with a couple of friends yesterday evening to have a couple of games, and using the following points cost, I played some Combat Patrol games using Exodites...
Warriors: 8 Pts
Scouts: 10 Pts
Sentries: 10 Pts
Raiders: 14 Pts
Raptor Knights: 24 Pts (Cheif +10)
Phoenix Riders: 29 Pts (Champion +10)

From these games, I've concluded that we need to make a few changes...

1. T3. Exodites may be tougher, but not tough enough to bring them up to the level of Marines, Necrons and Orks.
2. Raise the Sentries save to 5+, and bring the Scouts down to 5+. 4+ is too high, and 6+ is too low. Keep it uniform.
3. Change the Phoenix riders Skyleap down to +20 Pts, and make the 12-18" movement range like a jetbike booster, so they cannot shoot if they move greater than 12"
4. Change the Raiders from riding on these 'Coldones' to riding Raptors, so simply, they still have a 4+ save, and +1 S and T, but they now count as Bikes as mentioned in the Raptor Knights section, but lose the Furious Charge rule.
5. Lower the minimum squad size for Raiders from 5 to 3, and raise the maximum squad size of Warriors from 10 to 20.
6. Keep the I5 for Phoenix riders, and generally the elite warriors of the Exodites.

Some things my mates suggested...
1. Include Rangers in as Troops and Pathfinders in as Elites. I agree, because it is fluffy.
2. Include Harlequins as Elites.
3. Include Corsairs in. They've seen the 'Dex created by Wargamer and Co. (It's in the sticky at the top of the board), and they like it.
4. Include a rule which lets about 50-75% of the army to Deep Strike at a cost, because Exodites have access to the webway.
5. Include a sort-of Psyker adept squad, not unlike Warlocks (Eldar), who can either join squads, guard the Great Psyker or form a unit of their own. Have them able to take a couple of Great Psyker powers in addition to a couple of their own.
[hr]
O.k then. Broken has said that he'll try and get some Elites done soon, but TGW has backed out. If nobody objects, I'll do HQ, and somebody else can do Heavy Support if they want.

Apocrypha
P.S. I won three out of five games I played! Yeah!

-A very clever person

Old 06 Oct 2008, 20:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

ok,
Exodite ranks;-
Clan chief; Squad leader, his unit is made up of all his extended 'family' of fighting age.
Tribal Chieftain; leader of an Exodite province, often an IC.
Exodite Lord; Leader of an Exodite Nation, always an IC.
Exodite Prince; Leader of a Maiden World, is likely a special character.

As Exodites are naturally tougher anyway, could dragon mounts give a Strength bonus instead of toughness like a jetbike?
(the are after all, vicious predatory reptiles?)

Rangers as a unit upgrade for Exodite Scouts?

I also envisioned this army as more scout/infiltrate than Deep Strike....they appear out of the undergrowth, ready and waiting...?

at all useful?
Mon'Tor

"Lem otesh, lem koem dath kian na slidd"
-Raiph Hastoisista of the Iaereabelah

"We saw the fall of our race and we laughed,
We see the galaxy wreathed in war, and we laugh,
We know the futility of the universe and laugh and laugh!"
- A Shadowseer of the Dris'suith.

"La mayyitan ma quadirun yatabaqa sarmadi
fa itha yaji ash-shuthath al-mautu qad yantahi"
MonTor is offline   Reply With Quote