Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

mercenaries Ideas?
Old 06 Jul 2008, 15:47   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default mercenaries Ideas?

I want to make a mercenaries force to acompany my space marines and/or my friends armys, i thought maybe some converted guadsmen or something, any ideas?
Old 06 Jul 2008, 15:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: mercenaries Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyk
I want to make a mercenaries force to acompany my space marines and/or my friends armys, i thought maybe some converted guadsmen or something, any ideas?
Space Marines common allies all lie with the Inquisition and Imperial Guard. I would advise against trying to make any other race permanently ally with the Adeptus Astartes as it never works fluff-wise.
Guard can pretty much ally with almost any race when given some simple fluff.

What are your friends' armies?

- [i]Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2008, 16:00   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

2 Of them collect chaos, one dark eldar, and one necron (but i doubt i could team with him). Dark Eldar seems like my best option. I didn't want all my troops look the same, i wanted them to have diffrent armor and wepoans and maybe even species. So basicly i wanted them to be a small band of individuals, maybe with a vehicle or two as well.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 16:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
2 Of them collect chaos, one dark eldar, and one necron (but i doubt i could team with him). Dark Eldar seems like my best option. I didn't want all my troops look the same, i wanted them to have diffrent armor and wepoans and maybe even species. So basicly i wanted them to be a small band of individuals, maybe with a vehicle or two as well.
Basically, Space Marines will never ally with any of them.
Traitor Guardsmen would join Chaos though, and they could be slaves of the Dark Eldar. No-one would ally with Necrons unless in the most extreme of circumstances, and even though it's not requested.

- [i]Shadow

Quote:
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
Old 07 Jul 2008, 11:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by arandomshadow
Quote:
Traitor Guardsmen would join Chaos though, and they could be slaves of the Dark Eldar. No-one would ally with Necrons unless in the most extreme of circumstances, and even though it's not requested.

- [i]Shadow
How the hill does someone ally with the necrons?
Even in the most extreme of circumstances I doubt any race could ask for allegiance from a race that cares not for winning or losing but only for the amount of souls harvested.

Damn straight.......
Although a Pulse Rifle really helps you know.....
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2008, 11:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to jais

I've got a Mercenary army...

It has Tau (Farsight Enclave dudes), Humans (Imperial Abandoners), Space Skaven, Space Slann, Zoats, Demiurg and I'm planning on making some Loxatl.

You could send me a PM with your ideas, if you want.
jais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2008, 18:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandomshadow
Quote:

- [i]Shadow
How the hill does someone ally with the necrons?
Even in the most extreme of circumstances I doubt any race could ask for allegiance from a race that cares not for winning or losing but only for the amount of souls harvested.
Well, I can't remember the exact war/battle but Imperial Guard and Space Marines being led by Ursakur Creed were attacking a huge Choas fortress on Cadia [probably the 13th Black Crusade] and Eldrad Ulthran was there and a load of Necron ships turned up and helped and after destroying loads of Chaos ships went again.

- [i]Shadow

Quote:
Old 15 Jul 2008, 22:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

i was recently looking at a necron gun end and was thinking of making some sort of new race.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2008, 22:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

About the only non-Imperial force Space Marines will ally with is Eldar and that usually is generally under exceptional circumstances. Guard are generally more liberal in who they hire so long as its for the general good of the Imperium. Sometimes they might even hire Blood Axes, hurhur.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 12:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
No one could ally with necrons away! the only way to get help from them is let them kill you!
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote