Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

grots
Old 15 Jan 2008, 23:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default grots

all grot armies have always been a consideration of all ork players a 3 point unit in mobs of 30 running down the field and killa kan mobs leading it with artillery pieces all of which are only made of grots but now with the new codex coming out and grots getting a new bonus everyting they had before and a higher BS this could be a relatively dangereous foe now being able to hit half the time. has anyone else thought having a rekindiling of the long adored grot horde a 500 pt game with over 100 models infantry running at you. there infantry still have pretty pathetic guns but it has been shone over and over again what 30 shots can do even if they have low str and now able to take devastaing artillery pieces it could be a somewhat competive army as opposed to just a fun one does anyone have any good army lists to put forword and of cours an all grot army would be lead by grots so that means a slaver would no longer be necessary.
sorry for the lenght
2k erg test 7:01 145.3 split
6k erg test 18.36 152.8 split
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
vercingatorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2008, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: grots

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingatorix
all grot armies have always been a consideration of all ork players a 3 point unit in mobs of 30 running down the field and killa kan mobs leading it with artillery pieces all of which are only made of grots but now with the new codex coming out and grots getting a new bonus everyting they had before and a higher BS this could be a relatively dangereous foe now being able to hit half the time. has anyone else thought having a rekindiling of the long adored grot horde a 500 pt game with over 100 models infantry running at you. there infantry still have pretty pathetic guns but it has been shone over and over again what 30 shots can do even if they have low str and now able to take devastaing artillery pieces it could be a somewhat competive army as opposed to just a fun one does anyone have any good army lists to put forword and of cours an all grot army would be lead by grots so that means a slaver would no longer be necessary.
[...]
I've always been tempted to do a Red Gobbo-style grot army. I think it would be funny and there are so many great conversions you could do. For the Slavaz, you could model them as mini-kans to account for their incresed toughness and extra attacks. I think it would be fun. If they ever release some plastic grots (like they might be for the second wave Ork release), I'm doing an all grot army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingatorix
[...]
sorry for the lenght
[...]
No need to apologize for long posts. They're more fun to read!

Now you punctuation, on the other hand... ;D

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2008, 21:36   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

you should see the punctuation on my papers
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 21:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Grots are great I'd love an army of them, grot buggies and stuff too, grot warbosss (grot in giant robot suit XD)

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 06:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

aha...what a good idea! I'll seriously have to think about that. I can already imagine a green horde(a serious green horde) running up the field shooting thier little guns and biting at thier foe's knees.

Istaur

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
-A very clever person

Haemonculi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 07:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

what is it.. 180, models for troops? and thats only 540+runtherders points ^_^ bargain!

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 12:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

Bargain? Well, besides half of them still being there when the game is over I doubt they will do a lot. I mean range 12", and no skill in CC - 1A and S2. You get one volley of shooting, then it will take 2 turns of bashing from a charging squad to remove them. If the opponent manages to get something into battle that has say, T4-5 it will just stay there and kill grots. I do remember having a grot once who killed a terminator, but that gotta be luck. "Forcing saves" is the trick, but try getting these folks past an ordnance weapon, or say, a tau firing line.

No doubt it has to be fun to fight against...! ;D

No doubt I would love to have my orks fight such an army! There, the 80 attacks on the charge will actually be needed!
Old 13 Feb 2008, 17:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd like to make an all-grot army.

Knowing GW, it would be 12 for 8 grots....

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2008, 22:35   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

its not fun to play against when your speed freeks its completely worthless to move fast than. I played someone who put an uber nob squad in a battle wagon had some killer kans and warbuggies run around and some loota's covering the advance of 180 grots my boom gun scattering off of a mob of 30 grots 3 times didn't help either but it happens.
and I am a lightweight
Old 16 Feb 2008, 09:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Over on the Waaagh someone made a complete grot army....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
Grots are great I'd love an army of them, grot buggies and stuff too, grot warbosss (grot in giant robot suit XD)
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote